Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2061384 03/03/24 11:49 PM
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Not a great foootball player, but one heck of a man.

Former NFL wide receiver Braylon Edwards rescued an 80-year-old man who was being assaulted inside a Michigan YMCA locker room this past Friday.

Edwards, a standout receiver at Michigan who enjoyed an eight-year NFL career, stopped a 25-year-old from further assaulting the elderly man. Edwards said he initially heard an argument about music and how loud it was being played. The argument escalated to the point where Edwards heard pushing and shoving.

"Once I heard a thud, that's when I got up and turned around," Edwards said, via Click on Detroit.com. "And then I see the guy for what I was thinking was reaching for a phone underneath the victim grabs the back of the victim's head by the hair, and he was about to slam it down on the counter."

Edwards said the man who was assaulting the elderly man fought him as well. He has since been arrested and remains in custody.

The 80-year-old is in the hospital but is expected to be OK. Edwards said that he is hoping to meet him after he is discharged.

"At the end of the day, that's what you do," Edwards said. "My mom, my grandmother, my father. In the moment ... these are the people that you think about."

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
6 members like this: OldColdDawg, PrplPplEater, jfanent
L
Legend
Legend
L
Gotta respect that. Kudos to him.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I agree good for Braylon. He did the right, decent thing.

P
Legend
Legend
P
It's nice to see the press focus on something positive that an NFL player or former NFL player has done. I'm sure there are a lot of such examples we never hear of. It seems they think the negative sells better.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
Outstanding. Nicely done, Braylon.
I hope you beat some sense into the young punk.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
A 25 yr old attacking an 80 yr old...I hope the legal system does a number that A/H and yes, Braylon..job well done.!

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Way to go Braylon

Link Copied to Clipboard