Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
P
Legend
Legend
P
Yes, I'm sure your off season workout prevented bones from being broken. I don't even think you hear yourself.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Yes, I'm sure your off season workout prevented bones from being broken. I don't even think you hear yourself.

pit...I don't give a freaking damn whether you believe anything I post...because we come from different backgrounds with different values. I loved the game of football and the Browns were part of my inspiration. My experiences with football helped to make me the person I am today and no one is going to take that away from me.

Anything I have done in my lifetime can be traced back to the core values I learned while playing football. Taking on difficult issues and doing the hard work needed to succeed.

Our coach found someone else to play center when I was a junior..

Last edited by mac; 03/10/24 04:02 PM.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
PIT...just bit of background to help you understand me..

I attended a very small class A school that was very limited in the resources they could afford to provide for their student/athletes. The school board could not afford to provide much the kind of facilities that larger schools enjoyed. Our weight room consisted of a 150# weight set that was minus a bar and weight locks. We did have an abdominal board to do crunches while holding a 25# plate.

That was the extent of our small school weight and training equipment.

M
mac Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
pit...I had aspirations that exceeded the support our school could provide...and one of obstacles facing those wanting to progress to the next level of football...we needed a coach who could teach the game. Our blood and guts coach, who's team didn't win a freaking game my freshman year and was FIRED after my freshman year...that it turned out to be a blessing in disguise for me.

I had a thirst to learn the game of football and though I was "unimpressed" with our new coach...5'-5"/145#...he was a teacher of the game. He came from another county school that had a history of success and he brought those values with him. He was so much different than the previous coach and through his voice he commanded every players attention.

All of us came from a team where the head coach screamed, hollered and cursed us...but he was never able to teach us the game of football. As I said earlier, that team did not win a game.

With our new HC coming from a different county school, he had a tough time establishing his program and he did not know much about the players he was going to try to coach. I was now a sophomore and had not played in a game..our new coach felt the ramification of the previous coach's winless season...only 3 seniors went out for football.

Our new coach had to rely on juniors and sophomores who had to be taught how to play the game.

Time for a pause...

Last edited by mac; 03/10/24 04:57 PM.

Legend
Legend
You failed to disclose that there was a rough road prior to perfecting the Mandelbaum system.

[Linked Image from mapsaboutnothing.files.wordpress.com]

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum The Browns Stength and Conditioning Department

Link Copied to Clipboard