Next Thread
Print Thread
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
There is a price to pay for success for Cleveland Browns fans.

The team sent renewal information to season ticket holders Monday and to no surprise, price increases are on the horizon for some seats.

Tickets for the eight regular season games start at $65, an increase of $5 over last year’s prices. That’s for the least expensive seats =.

If you’re interested in someplace else:

Nearly 85% of club level seats and just about 40% of lower bowl seats are increasing no more than $20 per game.

Approximately 60% of the upper bowl is going up by no more than $5 per game, and another 20% of the upper bowl by no more than $10 per game.

Additionally, the entire mezzanine/deck level will also change by no more than $20 per game.

After going 8-1 at home during their 11-6 playoff season last year, the team is unlikely to have problems matching season ticket numbers.

They’ve reached their season ticket cap the past five seasons with 8,000 having provided deposits for the wait list.

"It’s important we provide our fans with a range of options for each seating section at Cleveland Browns Stadium as well as variably priced single game tickets and we will rank in the middle third of the league in ticket pricing," said David Lee, vice president of ticket operations for the Browns. "Coming off an incredible 2023 season where we had an 8-1 record at home, we know how crucial our incredible fan base is to the success of our team and truly creates a home-field advantage for the Browns.”

The Browns play the Dallas Cowboys, Kansas City Chiefs, Los Angeles Chargers, Miami Dolphins and New York Giants along with their AFC North rivals at home this upcoming season.

With the start of the free agent tampering period Monday the Browns have already been busy acquiring Denver Broncos wide receiver Jerry Jeudy in a trade for two late-round draft picks.

This article originally appeared on Akron Beacon Journal: Browns announce ticket price increases for 2024 season

https://sports.yahoo.com/cleveland-browns-ticket-prices-increases-181518843.html

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B
I already knew this as my season tickets went up $200...$100 per seat. I expected as much. Nearly everything we can mention has gone up, so why not football tickets?

With a maxed out waiting list of 8,000 people who have deposited money to be on the season ticket waiting list the Haslams don't have to worry about replacing ticket holders for the people who decide they have reached their financial maximum.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N

1 member likes this: Milk Man
B
Legend
Legend
B
I fully expect to not hold season tickets when the new stadium happens, be it a dome or otherwise.

I have PSL's to both of my seats. The seats are in the club section on around the 5-10 yard line. Great seats with the elevated view. I doubt the current PSL's would transfer. I should say I am 99.99% sure they won't transfer to a new stadium, so if they go the PSL route again, I'd have to buy 2 more, which I would refuse to pay because they will cost an arm and a leg.

I have given this some thought, and my conclusion is that ticket revenue is a small percentage of the money the teams generate. It has gotten to the point they don't really care if they sell tickets or not. Maybe I shouldn't say don't care. Rather, they don't care if they sell out a stadium. The stadium itself is going to generate more income than any loss of ticket revenue. That is why the owners and league push for these self-contained "cities".

I can't say I blame them. I'd do the same thing. So, if I am still around, I'll settle on going to 1-2 games a year and be happy with that. Actually, I am getting to that point now. I keep paying for a full season of tickets, but end up giving away 4-5 games or just letting the seats go unused. I think I went to 4 games last year and just didn't feel like going up for the others.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
I'm never going to another professional sporting event or concert unless someone gives me tickets or I find a sweet deal. What you get for the money just isn't worth it.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by jfanent
I'm never going to another professional sporting event or concert unless someone gives me tickets or I find a sweet deal. What you get for the money just isn't worth it.

Just wait until the Haslams hit the current season ticket holders (especially the legacy season ticket holders with prime seats) with new PSL fees when the new stadium is built. The Rams, Raiders, Titans, and it's now looking like the Bills, have/are hit fans with PSL pricing.

Bills fans are already losing their minds...

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profo...encing-major-sticker-shock-on-psl-prices

Here's Vegas' PSL pricing from back in 2020...

Last edited by Milk Man; 03/29/24 12:04 PM. Reason: Just saw Northlima's post re: Bills PSL prices.
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P

I'm almost right there with you. There are very few concerts left to see on my bucket list at this point in my life. Depending on the venue I could see myself going to those concerts. But even then it's not a huge priority on my bucket list.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B
The actual costs for the tickets isn't crazy high. The PSL is what kills you. For me, the closest I can find since the stadium set up is different, I would be in a black section, corner end zone. $20,000 per seat. No way am I going to live long enough to justify that. I'd have to be 20 years younger to even think about it, and even then I doubt it.

I doubt our PSLs would be that high. The advantage is that Vegas is a destination city for almost everyone. Cleveland, not so much. The ticket holders there can be pretty confident they could sell off tickets to just about any game for 2x, 3x the cost.

We play in Las Vegas this season. My wife and I plan to go to that game. When the schedule is announced, I'll start hunting those tickets and pay some crazy price to be at the game. No worries though, I'll win that back plus some at the card tables...LOL

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PitDAWG

I'm almost right there with you. There are very few concerts left to see on my bucket list at this point in my life. Depending on the venue I could see myself going to those concerts. But even then it's not a huge priority on my bucket list.

So, New Kids On The Block at Blossom still a go then? You told me to buy the tickets and you would bring the beer...

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
We just haven't figured out which one of us are going to bring the rotten tomatoes to throw. Details my friend, details.

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B
In thinking about it, I would suspect our ticket prices would be similar to those in Minnesota.

Linked is a look at Minnesota pricing.

https://www.vikings.com/tickets/renewal-center/stadium-pricing-map

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Cleveland Browns ticket prices will increases for 2024 season

Link Copied to Clipboard