OP Offline
Legend
Jordan Schultz
@Schultz_Report
·
57s
Free agent RB D’Onta Foreman is signing with the #Browns, sources tell
@BleacherReport

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
P
Legend
Legend
P
This my end up as nothing but camp fodder but he did have one very good season with the Panthers in 2022 rushing for 914 yards while averaging 4.4 yards per carry and averaged over 4 yards per carry the prior two seasons with the Titans

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
In a silo, I like this move as Foreman is a good RB. However, this might shed a bit more light on where the team sees Chubb and his rehab progress. It might also tell us that Hines might be more a ST signing than anything else???

I'm also guessing he fits the Kareem Hunt mold to a degree as well.....short yardage back to move the chains.

Tackles are tackles.
P
Legend
Legend
P
I think there's two aspects we should consider with this. Not only Chubb's rehab as you have mentioned but also the long term plans of Chub remaining a Brown for beyond this season.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
What Chubb looks like when he gets back is the ultimate $64k question. I have to assume that Ski is going to treat him very gingerly in camp. You gotta practice I would expect that they’d limit him quite a bit, especially in the beginning. I won’t be surprised if he’s not the last back we pick up

"Team Chemistry No Match for Team Biology" (Onion Sports Headline)
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Like this signing.

Foreman, when given the chance, performed well in TENN, CAR, and CHI.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie
In a silo, I like this move as Foreman is a good RB. However, this might shed a bit more light on where the team sees Chubb and his rehab progress. It might also tell us that Hines might be more a ST signing than anything else???

I'm also guessing he fits the Kareem Hunt mold to a degree as well.....short yardage back to move the chains.

I don't think the Hinse signing was an effort to being in any type of workhorse. Maybe not just a ST signing, but more a pass catching back. That is all he has ever been.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Ballpeen

I don't think the Hinse signing was an effort to being in any type of workhorse. Maybe not just a ST signing, but more a pass catching back. That is all he has ever been.

Of course he wasn't signed to be a workhorse.

But when Hines was traded to Buffalo and Ken Dorsey was the OC, he wasn't used all that much as a pass catching back. In the 9 games w/ Buffalo after being traded, he was targeted 9 times and was primarily used on special teams as a kick returner. A stark contrast from his usage in Indy.

Ken Dorsey is now our OC, oddly enough. We'll see what happens.

Tackles are tackles.
1 member likes this: Ballpeen
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Ballpeen

Of course he wasn't signed to be a workhorse.

But when Hines was traded to Buffalo and Ken Dorsey was the OC, he wasn't used all that much as a pass catching back. In the 9 games w/ Buffalo after being traded, he was targeted 9 times and was primarily used on special teams as a kick returner. A stark contrast from his usage in Indy.

Ken Dorsey is now our OC, oddly enough. We'll see what happens.

I don't know how much we can take away from his half season in Buffalo. There's only so much you can effectively change mid-season.

I was under the impression that Buffalo had a lot more plans for him last season, which the jet ski incident unfortunately wrecked.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
B
Legend
Legend
B
I don't know, and don't claim to know. Maybe it boils down to the QB? I know Hinse caught balls in the past. I don't think a great deal of the passes he catches are more or less the designed play. Allen tries to push the ball or then runs the ball.

Again, that is just my perception, it may not actually be that way. I just assume any drop in Hinse pass catching numbers went down because his targets went down.

Hard to catch them if the ball isn't thrown your way.

I assume Dorsey had some input in to the signing. It seems logical he did.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Hammer
Like this signing.

Foreman, when given the chance, performed well in TENN, CAR, and CHI.

Hammer..me too, I like this signing.

Hopefully D'Onta Foreman can fill the role of short yardage/power back.

Watching some of Forman's highlights of the last two seasons, D'Onta looks to be a threat to pick up 'chunks' of yardage once he breaks the line of scrimmage. He has good vision and he seems to recognize running lanes quickly.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
B
Legend
Legend
B

I don't think it is out of the realm we keep 4 backs the entire season. Even if Chubb is ready to go game one, I doubt we are going to give him the ball 20 times a game. We are going to manage his carries pretty closely...a pitch count if you will.

As Pit mentioned, it's not a slam dunk we keep him past this season. He is getting older and now he is starting to take physical abuse. That usually isn't a combination that leads to long extensions, if any. Strong might even make the team as a 5th back. In order for that to happen, one of him or Hinse will have to bring value to the special teams. Even so, I doubt all 5 would be on the active gameday roster.

Strong might make it for a while. I'd say there is a good chance Chubb starts on the PUP list and misses the first 4 games. As I said, we are going to manage that. We might decide to bring him back 4 games late rather than take any chance it is a minute early.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
O
Legend
Legend
O
While I'd love for us to get back to a similar 2-headed monster like we had with Chubb and Hunt, I think those carries fall off Chubb's stats in the form of more throwing (provided Watson can stay healthy and keep the ball moving like it looked like he was doing before he got hurt.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
And provided he himself also doesn't get hurt...again...

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I think this signing is protection, so the team does not have to overreach for a running back in the draft if there are better players available. I do think they will still draft a running back either 2nd or 3rd round. I also believe that Chubb will start the season on the PUP list. Then Foreman and the rookie will be the 1 - 2 punch. When Chubb does come back, they will work him in slowly to that rotation.

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns Sign RB D'Onta Foreman

Link Copied to Clipboard