Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
At the end of a Browns article at cleveland.com is this little piece of sunshine:

Ethan Kelley underwent microfracture surgery on his knee, a procedure designed to replace cartilage with scar tissue. The rehab is usually anywhere from 4 to 12 months. The following players also underwent knee scopes: Antwan Peek, Joe Jurevicius and David McMillan. Kellen Winslow might also undergo a knee scope and possibly one on his shoulder. He's waiting to find out today if he's replacing Antonio Gates (toe) in the Pro Bowl. Crennel said Winslow's decision to put off the surgery won't set him back significantly for the off-season program. "It's not like a body part is falling off and he's not doing anything right away about it," Crennel said. Gary Baxter, recovering from two torn patellar tendons, also underwent a scope in November.

http://blog.cleveland.com/sports/2008/01/cleveland_browns_coach_crennel.html

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Fingers are crossed that we don't have 6 staph infections on our hands...

[Linked Image from sternfannetwork.com]
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

Ethan Kelley underwent microfracture surgery on his knee, a procedure designed to replace cartilage with scar tissue. The rehab is usually anywhere from 4 to 12 months.

Ouch. For once, I thought we'd be OK at NT with Smith and Kelley in rotation. We'll probably need to either sign a backup or use a pick on one now. Hopefully it's a quick recovery.

We're... we're good?
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
I won't speculate on whether he can recover well enough to play..
It clould be like KW's surgery..but the problem I see is he plays at a more physical position..NT..
I would target another NT in FA and the draft and not take a chance..

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Just clicking...

Kelley is a really average NT. Romeo loves him though since he knows the system from his time in NE. Kelley was playing way too much last year. He's a sub at best.

Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
I think he's below average..he hasn't shown he can be disruptive and stack up the line..

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Baxter had a scope too...

This is his last-ditch effort to get back to form.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Baxter had a scope too...

This is his last-ditch effort to get back to form.

That's old news Ammo,, the scope on Baxter was in November,,,

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Not going into the play offs with Kelly at NT. and he can't stay on the field . ( last couple of seasons ) .. Even if not injured , he should not make the roster ( one can hope ! )

Kelly , Washington , Fraiser , and a few others will get there walking papers if we can up grade in the off season , Hello Phil ! ..

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Kelly is an UFA with a skill set that can be replaced in free agency or the draft by a player that will not be at risk for starting the season on the PUP list. I'll let you draw your own conclusions.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Just as we've said for some time now...Andra Davis being replaced is a SOLID UPGRADE in the middle...Kelly being replaced is a SOLID UPGRADE up front...

One thing that kills me is anyone spewing "Crennel LIKES him from his time with New England"...GMAFB...The problem's been NOONE BETTER TO GET RID OF HIM...Fisk and Washington versus Kelly...OK...Which way do we go...lmao...

Kelly might get inked but it will only happen if we see nuttin' better available to go with a KEEPER in Smith...

I'm watchin' for 3 things to happen...

1) Davis outta here
2) Roye outta here
3) Kelly outta here

Go Browns!!!
R
All Pro
All Pro
R
Quote:

I'm watchin' for 3 things to happen...

1) Davis outta here
2) Roye outta here
3) Kelly outta here

I hope Davis N Roye are still here but as awsome back-ups. (unless Davis gone via trade) Roye for at least one more year for some depth. Especially if he replacement is rookie from the draft. Ethan I agree is too much a risk to eat up a roster spot. We should have learned this year not to run too thin on the line.

"He who buys what he does not need steals from himself."
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
I think even if Phil gets the type of OLB he wants Davis will be relegated to backup until they can trade him...

Kelly..might not even get inked..that surgery and his recovery will determine that ..
Considering the potiential of some of the DT's in the draft...and the list of FA's..I don't see why we can't find a healthy replacement..

Line Judge..U don't have to throw hints..Kelly isn't all that good even when healthy..

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Attack,
What I'm really trying to say is that it's my opinion that Kelly's skills are decidedly "average". By April there will be plenty of players available that are "average", healthy and younger. Kelly will be 28 y.o. and although this is not old by DL standards, he's still no spring chicken. But you never know, Phil may decide to ink him just in case no one else pans out.

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum DLine Depletion: E. Kelly Has Microfracture Surgery

Link Copied to Clipboard