Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#291738 07/20/08 10:15 PM
Rookie
OP Offline
Rookie
Every year I try to guess who will be on the final roster before camp just to see how my prediction matches the final roster. I got my roster list from the official site. Here goes:

Offense (26)

QB (3)
Anderson
Quinn
Dorsey

No brainer here.

FB (2)
Vickers
Ali

Another no brainer.

RB (3)
Lewis
Wright
Harrison

Don't see a shake-up this year, but next year is a different story. Lewis gets another year, Wright is decent as a back-up and a good special teamer, and Harrison has one more year to prove what he has. I don't see any other RBs on our current roster pushing anyone of these 3 off the roster.

OL (9)
Thomas
Steinbach
Fraley
Tucker
Shaffer
Hadnot
Friedman
McKinney
Louis

The only surprise here is Louis beating out Sowells. I think that Sowells time is up, and with Hadnot, Friedman, and McKinley able to back up the interior, they can spent a roster spot on a tackle prospect instead of Sowells.

TE (4)
Winslow
Rucker
Heiden
Cieslak

Carrying 4 TE's, cutting Dinkins and keeping Cieslak is more shakeup for this area than most people expect. Winslow and Heiden are sho-ins. Rucker will be incorporated in to the offense throughout the season. Cieslak will be groomed to be Heiden's eventual replacement. Dinkins only contribution was on blocking downs and special teams where he had way to many penalties last year.

WR (5)
Edwards
Stallworth
Kasper
Jurevicius/Sanders until JJ comes off PUP.
Hubbard

I know what you're thinking, where's Cribbs? I think that Cribbs will always be more of a special teamer than a WR. I'm not saying that you won't see him play some here this season, but I think Cribbs is more of an X-factor player than a true WR. Kasper makes this team as the 3rd WR. I really like JJ, but age and surgeries have taken there toll. Sanders will hold JJ's spot until he comes off of PUP. Hubbard gets the nod over Wilson who hasn't shown anything since he's been here and we need to close the book on him.

Defense (23)

DL (6)
C. Williams
Rogers
R. Smith
S. Smith
Rubin
Purcell

Williams, Rogers, R. Smith, and S. Smith will hold down the line. Rubin makes the team as insurance in case Rogers falters, also I don't think that he would make it to our practice squad before some other team snagged him up. Purcell makes it over Pittman who is just a Frasier clone.

LB (8)
Wimbley
McGinest
Davis
Jackson
L. Williams
Bell
Peek
Orr

With our youth and talent at LB, we need to start trimming the fat from players that only make this team due to special teams play (McMillan, Griffin, etc.)

Safety (4)
Jones
Pool
Adams
Sorensen

Pool and Jones have the starting spots and Adams is the vet back-up. Sorensen is a special team demon.

CB (5)
Wright
McDonald
Cousin
Perry
A.J. Davis

We will be tested here all season. I'm not worried about Wright and hopefully from what I've seen of McDonald, if he can mature like Wright did last year, I don''t think that we'll be in to bad shape. Cousin and Perry gives a little bit of starting experience behind the starters and Davis has looked good leading up to camp.

Special Teams (4)
Dawson
Zastudil
Pontbriand
Cribbs

Dawson has been solid for us since he's been here. I admit, I was one of the people who wanted someone who was better at kick-offs, but after last season, I looked at his career here and realized that he's one of the most solid kickers in the league. Zastudil is solid and hopefully won't be seen on the field as much this year as other punters have in years past. Pontbriand is automatic and that is what you want in a LS. Cribbs is Cribbs and I didn't think that there was any other place to list him except here. Special teams is his true position.

Practice Squad players

Mil'von James CB
Damon Jenkins CB
Gerald Lawson CB
Chase Pittman DL
Zach West DL
Alex Hall OLB
Chase Ortiz LB
Austin Scott RB

R
Legend
Legend
R
Nice breakdown.

I would only disagree with Wilson. I think he makes the team. It's nothing but a sneaky suspicion. Every article I have read on him this offseason always says the same thing ... he's talented, just has to put it all together. I think he'll stick this year.

LOL - The Rish will be upset with this news as well. KS just doesn't prioritize winning...
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I can pretty much agree with all of that, but I think Travis Wilson has something to prove, and he'll stick over Sanders.

I also believe that we'll keep Kris Griffin to play on special teams, which would leave us cutting either Ali or Cieslak.

[Linked Image from pic18.picturetrail.com]
"The Browns' defense is kicking mucho dupa."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Offense (26)

Quarterback (3)
DA
BQ
Dorsey

Runningback (3)
Jamal
Wright
Harrison

Fullback (2)
Vickers
Ali

Tight End (3)
K2
Heiden
Rucker

WR (6)
Braylon
Stallworth
Wilson
Cribbs
Kasper
Joe J./Hubbard

O-Line (9)
Thomas
Steinbach
Hank
Tucker
Shaffer
Hadnot
McKinney
Freidman
Louis

Defense (24)

D-Line (6)
Williams
Rogers
Robaire
Shaun Smith
Rubin
Leonard

Linebackers (9)
Wimbley
DQ
Andra
Beau
Leon
Peek
Willie
Griffin
Orr

Safeties (4)
Jones
Pool
Adams
Sorenson

Corners (5)
Wright
McDonald
Cousin
M. James
Perry

Special Teams (3)
Zas
Phil
Pontbriand

NOTE: I expect us to pick up another corner, so I think our corners will be different than I have them listed as.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Did we ever sign McKinney back? i thought his contract was up this year...maybe i'm wrong..

[Linked Image from fbcdn-profile-a.akamaihd.net]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I believe he signed a one year contract back in March.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
So nobody thinks Baxter is going to make the team huh?

"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good" Thomas Paine
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

I honestly don't think he will... we really need our backup safties to play STand I don't think Baxer is the guy to do that.

i could be wrong but I just dont see him here that much longer... kinda like LCB

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
R
Legend
Legend
R
Quote:

I really hope he does. I'd like to see one of these tough luck stories have an ending where the player can come back and play at a good level and help the team.

By all accounts he has put in so much hard work. I'd like to see it pay off for him and for us.

LOL - The Rish will be upset with this news as well. KS just doesn't prioritize winning...
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Pre-Camp Roster Prediction

Link Copied to Clipboard