Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
2nd String
2nd String
It's amazing...Most rappers think that it will sell albums and singles because that's the way commercial Hip Hop has been played. It makes you look and sound "real" (from the ghetto). Whatever that means.

"Awww Nawww Big Slimdog!!!"
-Eminem, "B**** Please Pt. II"
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I see what you are saying, I just cant grasp it, and yes im a white male but that should'nt have anything to do with it.
I am by far the least pregedist person you will ever meet.
Has the young people in this nation gone so far off the spectrum to believe that if you have a gang name you are some how hip?

L
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
L
Rocket's son Koby, two teammates arrested at Va. restaurant
Sep. 1, 2008
CBSSports.com wire reports

SALEM, Va. -- Police say the son of Roger Clemens and two of his minor league teammates were arrested and briefly jailed after a disturbance at a restaurant in Salem.

In a news release, police said Koby Clemens, Mark Ori and Jimmy Goethals were arrested after police were called to the parking lot of a restaurant in this western Virginia city.

Clemens and Ori were arrested and charged with disorderly conduct. Goethals was arrested and charged with assault and battery.

All three were held in the Roanoke County-Salem jail before being released on bond.

The three play for the Salem Avalanche, scheduled to play its final game of the season Monday in Lynchburg.

The arrests were first reported Monday by roanoke.com, the online version of the Roanoke Times.

AP NEWS
The Associated Press News Service
http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/story/10956628

2nd String
2nd String
Quote:

I see what you are saying, I just cant grasp it, and yes im a white male but that should'nt have anything to do with it.
Has the young people in this nation gone so far off the spectrum to believe that if you have a gang name you are some how hip?

It doesn't matter what color you are...Unfortunately, yes young people think that this is the way to make it in Hip Hop especially. Also, an alarming trend is that you have to act "dumb", as in speak and act, in order to sell records with Hip Hop. I, for one, am TIRED of this in Hip Hop today and our group will hopefully get the chance along with others to change this trend.

Legend
Legend
Hey! That's in my grand parents home town - I love Salem!

<><

#gmstrong
L
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
L
Quote:

I have never knew a person who thought they were "hip" because of a gang name

I guess I never hung out in the same ganglands as you. I also never knew someone who went by a gang name. If they did, I dont think they would consider themselves "hip".

Are you talking about rappers, who go by names you consider gangnames, to sell records?

2nd String
2nd String
Quote:

Quote:

I have never knew a person who thought they were "hip" because of a gang name

I guess I never hung out in the same ganglands as you. I also never knew someone who went by a gang name. If they did, I dont think they would consider themselves "hip".

Are you talking about rappers, who go by names you consider gangnames, to sell records?

I personally know rappers named by gangs that they were in. Now I understand you saying about them considering themselves "hip", but he was trying to ask that is this the way some of the young kids try to take "tough names" to make themselves look "gang-like" to sell records. A good question from someone who is trying to understand.

C
Poser
Poser
C
Jay, did you get a chance to see the musical "Hero"? T Bone was awesome in that. Gave me chills to listen to him rap in that. Incredible.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum A Rapper's son is dead. Shocking

Link Copied to Clipboard