Print Thread
#332412 12/10/08 06:01 PM
M
MrDNA Offline OP
All Pro
OP Offline
All Pro
M
So despite my best efforts at finishing .500, I've somehow made the playoffs. Now I'm faced with the dismal prospect of three of these gentlemen starting for me. Who would you recommend?

Kevin Curtis, Eagles
Brandon Lloyd, Bears
Donte Stallworthless, Losertown Losers
Arnaz Battle, Niners
Kevin Boss, Giants (technically, a TE, but still a crappy option )

Now that I'm IN the playoffs, I might as well TRY to win them. So help!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"One man's Bum is another man's Hobo" - Waterdawg
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I know you meant this thread specifically for me so allow me to plop my opinion down.

Arnaz Battle is just coming off injury as of last week, so there's no way in hell you start him.

Kevin Curtis just took a concussion last week so there's no way I'd trust him either if he even plays.

Brandon Lloyd has 4 receptions since coming off injury 3 weeks ago. It's a stretch to assume that he'll suddenly get the targets he was getting before, so I'd say no to him as well.

Donte Stallworth is a deep ball receiver with Ken Dorsey throwing the ball. He has 3 receptions in the past 4 games. What do you think?

By default, that leaves Kevin Boss who has cooled off bigtime as of late... and just about the last thing on earth you want is a TE taking up a WR slot.

I guess I'd start him but the real question is... who's on your waiver wire?

We're... we're good?
Legend
Legend
Option 4

Hit the waiver wire and see if you can pick up A Gonzalez from the Colts, and or J Gaffney from the Pats.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
M
MrDNA Offline OP
All Pro
OP Offline
All Pro
M
Gaffney is available - you think he'll perform?

Also, Steve Smith (Giants) and Ike Hilliard (TB).

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"One man's Bum is another man's Hobo" - Waterdawg
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
steve smith

Legend
Legend
Randy Moss vs. Oakland?
Santonio Holmes vs. Baltimore?
Vincent Jackson vs. Kansas City?

I'm thinking Randy Moss... But Vincent Jackson could get a score or two as well.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I think Randy will be full throttle against Oakland just for spite. Plus it's the Raiders.

However Cassel's father just passed away and he hasn't been at practice so the main question is that if Cassell will play or not. My prayers go out to his family.

I don't see Santonio having that good of a game because Baltimore will be all over Ben.

So that leaves Jackson but I would keep an eye toward the New England stiuation and see if Cassel plays. Could have one of those phenominal games that sometimes happen after someone experiences a loss.

I kind of feel wrong talking about this considering the situation.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Gaffney is available - you think he'll perform?

Also, Steve Smith (Giants) and Ike Hilliard (TB).

Look who he is playing against I tried to point out a few guys who may be available in most leagues. Boss would not be a bad start since he has been targeted in the Red zone a lot as of late (thanks Plexiglass Burress) The rest of your crew as you already know is not owrth a start unless they get Very, Very Lucky

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

steve smith

Guess I should probably elaborate on this lol.

No Plax, maybe no Jacobs but it's not like NY will be running on Dallas anyways. Basically Dallas is going to be coming at Eli from all angles. So I expect NY to be doing alot of of short quick routes. Smith has been Eli's safety valve alot of the year and him working in the slot I expect to see him getting alot of balls thrown his way and hopefully he can break off some descent size runs from that. Dallas' secondary is pretty banged up as well.

I'm thinking of starting him as a flex option in one of my deeper leagues. Either him, Ginn or Branch

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Well if I had to choose between those WR's (ugh), first I'd bang my head against the wall, then I'd probably start Kevin Curtis.

[Linked Image from pic18.picturetrail.com]
"The Browns' defense is kicking mucho dupa."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Randy Moss vs. Oakland?
Santonio Holmes vs. Baltimore?
Vincent Jackson vs. Kansas City?

I'm thinking Randy Moss... But Vincent Jackson could get a score or two as well.

I have Moss, Jackson, L Evans and Marshall. Thinking Moss, Jackson and Marshall.

Of course, I started Evans last week over Jackson, even though Lee has been doing jack freaking squat for me since the Browns game.

[Linked Image from pic18.picturetrail.com]
"The Browns' defense is kicking mucho dupa."
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
So who did you start?

Legend
Legend
The crappy ones.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Oh man... I got lucky tonight. I was up 6. The other guy had Westbrook and I started Desean Jackson over Braylon. I would've won with either WR, but I thought I was gonna lose for sure. PPR league. 1 point for every 10 rush/rec yds. I even got -2 from Jackson's INT!

Joe Thomas made Justin Timberlake change his name. He didn't want wusses to have the same initials...

Dawg Talker since 3/26/2005...
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Thats cool.

Wanna talk about luck I was last in a league earlier in the year and managed to come all the way back up to 4th the week before the playoffs (was 6th) then 3 of my starting backs were hurt the first week of the playoffs so I picked up Pierre Thomas and Sammy Morris off the waiver wire and they both had great games. Plus it helped Matt Cassel threw 4 td's. I demolished the guy and now i'm in the championship game in this ten team league.

Also one away from the championship in a 12 team league in which it looked like I had absolutely no shot in either.

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Fantasy & Gaming Which crappy WR to start?

Link Copied to Clipboard