Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
I know you typically don't like threads asking for information readily available, but is it ok to post questions that you've looked up and still weren't sure about?

I have seen some questions stay, so I figured there was some leeway.

Thanks.

[Linked Image from pic18.picturetrail.com]
"The Browns' defense is kicking mucho dupa."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

, but is it ok to post questions that you've looked up and still weren't sure about?

Only if you are in the "clique"

KING

You may be in the drivers seat but God is holding the map. #GMSTRONG
R
Administrator
Administrator
R

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Way to chime in, and not even answer the question.

Isn't answer the question your job in this forum? Not just replying without giving an answer?

Honest question.

R
Administrator
Administrator
R
Quote:

Isn't answer the question your job in this forum? Not just replying without giving an answer?

The Answer...

REQUEST FOR INFORMATION STYLE POSTS

If you desire information on a topic or a player, please do not start a thread solely for the purpose of asking "Does anybody know anything about this guy?" You’re on the internet, utilize the tools available to you to research and then discuss a topic.

This is a point I was trying to make in the other thread. Anyone on this board should be able to answer that question. The answer is in the rules for all to see and it should be easy to understand.

I will explain it: If you desire information on a topic or a player, please do not start a thread solely for the purpose of asking "Does anybody know anything about this guy?

It doesn't say not to make a post within a thread asking a question. It says not to start a thread solely for that purpose .

And TopDawg, being a moderator on another board I'm certain you realize how important it is to read and understand the rules. Since I'm sure you do, I'm also sure you have read and understood the rules here. Since I'm sure you have, why didn't you offer an explanation of the rule, as many other "rule knowledgeable" posters do in an effort to help out a fellow dawg rather than chiming in just to chastise me.

Honest question.

Dawgpound017,

Please don't take my apparent bad attitude as aimed at you. The truth is, on my way to answer your question (and it would have been done in a more civil manner) I had to stop and give KING a poke in the ribs. Then I forgot my original intent, left your thread and didn't answer you. When I remembered and quickly returned I find a "moderator" from another board telling me how to do my job.

Thanks but no thanks to that.

If you need further clarification on this please don't hesitate to ask. Hopefully no one else will chime in with a trifling post.

Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
No problem.

I was researching something from an old station from Cleveland- a show that I used to watch, but couldn't exactly find it. I figure someone from the board would know the answer since we have, obviously, a lot of people in the area.

So if it's something that even I wasn't able to find already, without sitting here forever searching different hits, I still can't post a thread for help?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

When I remembered and quickly returned I find a "moderator" from another board telling me how to do my job.

I fail to see where I told you how to do your job. I simply pointed out the fact that you showed up in a thread, where it is your job to answer questions, and did not answer the question.

I didn't tell you how to do your job. Just pointed out that you didn't do it.

R
Administrator
Administrator
R
Right.

Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Right.

Was that right to TopDawg, or to me?

R
Administrator
Administrator
R
Quote:

I was researching something from an old station from Cleveland- a show that I used to watch, but couldn't exactly find it. I figure someone from the board would know the answer since we have, obviously, a lot of people in the area.

So if it's something that even I wasn't able to find already, without sitting here forever searching different hits, I still can't post a thread for help?

This is where the spirit of the rule is going to come into play. The literal interpretation of the rule says no. The spirit of the rule is to prevent people from cluttering the board by coming here first with requests for information that is easily found by searching the internet.

If I'm wrong in the action I'm about to perform I'll be enlightened by the more experienced Refs...

What I'm going to tell you to do is to create a thread in the Tailgate Forum and discuss your topic in as much detail as you already know, explain what it is you wish to know to fill in your gaps and ask if anyone can help you in your quest.

This is not an open invitation for everyone to start request for information threads. What this is, is an attempt to help a board member find a solution to a problem while I bring this up for a consensus with the other Refs.

I will return to this thread with a more definate answer after consulting with the others. If I'm making a mistake in allowing this it won't be the first time I've made a mistake.

Do it. Let's see what happens.

R
Administrator
Administrator
R
Quote:

It was to TopDawg.

I'm sorry I confused things earlier by replying to him but answering you.

Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

It was to TopDawg.

I'm sorry I confused things earlier by replying to him but answering you.

It's cool. It was a reply to him, but I guess it sounded like it may have been for me.

It's not really a problem, it's just something stupid that has been driving me nuts. Like when I'm watching a movie and see someone I recognize, it will drive me nuts until I either figure it out or look it up on IMDB.com. I honestly did google it, and went to wikipedia and looked up the history of WUAB and didn't find it.

Thanks

BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

When I remembered and quickly returned I find a "moderator" from another board telling me how to do my job.

I fail to see where I told you how to do your job. I simply pointed out the fact that you showed up in a thread, where it is your job to answer questions, and did not answer the question.

I didn't tell you how to do your job. Just pointed out that you didn't do it.

How about stay out of the feedback area if you have nothing usefull to add? I don't see how anything in this thread has anything to do with you.

Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Thanks Ref for letting me post it. Sounds like people enjoyed the thread as it was a bit of nostalgia, plus I got the answer. Then Kingo posted his picture.......... ahhhhh memories!

R
Administrator
Administrator
R
You're welcome.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Then Kingo posted his picture..........

Hey that wasnt a picture of me, I look much better in tights

KING

You may be in the drivers seat but God is holding the map. #GMSTRONG
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Your nose was a little red, whatchu been sniffin'?

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Fan Feedback Forum A question on asking questions...

Link Copied to Clipboard