Next Thread
Print Thread
#352977 02/06/09 11:14 PM
I
All Pro
OP Offline
All Pro
I
Why have you guys made it a habit to delete my posts without explanation?
I made a thread regarding the "Top 5 NFL Players" a couple weeks ago....it was gone after 17 responses....
I started a thread on Donte Stallworth tonight and its gone after 3 posts.....
I don't get it......I really don't.
You guys must love censoring peoples opinions.

R
Administrator
Administrator
R
We aren't required to give you an explanation when a thread is edited and/or removed. However, if you ask in here or in a PM we will answer.

Your "Top 5" thread was not deleted, it still exists on page 2 of the PF forum:
linktoyourownthreadyoucantfind

I did not see the Stallworth thread, can't answer for that one, but I did delete a thread about Joe Thomas you had about a week ago because you based it upon a post from another message board, which is against the forum rules.

R
Administrator
Administrator
R
I deleted your Stallworth thread.

You are a Bengals fan. As such, your method has often been to start threads bringing controversial Browns issues to the forefront in the guise of being a concerned football fan. In reality, it comes across more like an attempt to rub salt into a wound than it does in exhibiting any real care or concern for the Cleveland Browns by a Bengals fan. That is what has prompted some posters to accuse you of being a troll.

Your Stallworth thread was one such thread.

Just turn the tables and ask yourself how welcomed a Browns fan would be doing that same thing on a Bengals message board. The Browns fan would be very hard-pressed to convince the Bengals board that he really does care deeply about the Bengals and that the issue concerns him.

Quote:

You guys must love censoring peoples opinions.

You have started threads that don't fit the above description and I leave those alone as I do for everyone else. But when I see one of your threads that fits the method I described above then I delete it and always will.

You are a member of this board. That gives you the same rights as every other member of the board. However, being a fan of an opposing team (specifically a division rival) you are also a guest. As a guest one would do well to conduct themselves in the manner of a guest and try not to rock the boat too much. You have the right to freely discuss Browns issues as does everyone else here. But as one Browns fan has said on here some time ago, your method of "hiding a bad motive under a good one" when you start certain threads is very troll-like and those threads will be deleted.

I
All Pro
OP Offline
All Pro
I
You say Donte Stallworth is a "controversal" subject with the Browns. But thats your opinion and I don't know if that is what the majority of Browns fans feel.
What is so "controversal" about Donte Stallworth? He isn't the 1st FA being paid a boatload of money and to end spending most if his time on a IR or trying to get into sync with the offense.
He isn't no different than Bengals DE Antwan Odom. Odom recieved the most money of any FA in Bengals history and he produced 3 sacks in 2008.
I know this much,if you posted on the Bengals board and presented Antwan Odom in the fashion I presented Stallworth here,you wouldn't have been banned.
BTW,I'm grew up in Tennessee and that makes me a Vol fan which makes a Jamal Lewis and Donte Stallworth fan.
Stallworth didn't pan out in 2008. Thats life in pro sports..not every FA plays up to the $$$.
There was no smack or underlying methods in my Stallworth thread.
Answer me this ref.....
if we were in a neighborhood bar and I was wearing a Bengals jersey and talked about Stallworth with you,would you walk away from me or engage in Browns talk?
its just football talk. Just like on the forum.

R
Administrator
Administrator
R
Quote:

I know this much,if you posted on the Bengals board and presented Antwan Odom in the fashion I presented Stallworth here,you wouldn't have been banned.

You weren't banned, you had a post removed. By utilizing this message board you do so with the understanding that your posts may be edited and/or removed.

R
Administrator
Administrator
R
Quote:

Answer me this ref.....
if we were in a neighborhood bar and I was wearing a Bengals jersey and talked about Stallworth with you,would you walk away from me or engage in Browns talk?

If we were in a neighborhood bar sitting together having a beer I'd likely talk football with you. However, if every topic you brought up was a "sore spot" issue regarding the Browns I'd be asking what the hell is up with you and are you trying to pick a fight. That sort of thing wears thin very quickly whether it's in a bar or here on the board.

If I were on a Bengals board and brought up the sore subject of Odom in a new thread, with me being a Browns fan, I doubt it would be taken so well as it would had it come from a Bengals fan. Furthermore, if I were in the habit, being a Browns fan, of starting new threads on that board regarding the pros and cons of their GM, HC and certain underperforming players I expect I would wear out my welcome in short order. It's only common sense.

To join in a conversation on issues like that offering your opinion once it's been brought up is one thing. In fact it can be a welcomed opinion since it's coming from an outsider's perspective who doesn't hold the issue so close to the heart. But to start the ball rolling with a poke in the eye is quite another thing.

Answer me this Playa... if you were in a neighborhood Browns bar in Cleveland, wearing a Bengals jersey, and were out-numbered by Browns fans 20 to 1, would you be so bold as to stand on a table and bring these topics up for discussion? Because that's is what you are doing here.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I'm not 100% sure, but I think it's the Bengals board that doesn't even let you post in any section other than the smack forum, if you are a fan of another team lol.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
If I remember correctly, you can post in their smack forum, and a forum for opposing fans only.

Lame.

[Linked Image from pic18.picturetrail.com]
"The Browns' defense is kicking mucho dupa."
J
Legend
Legend
J
You've been a troll from the beginning. People figured you out a long time ago. You get some people to bite, which I'm sure amuses you, but most people figured out your immature act long ago.

Funny how you disappeared when the Browns won some games last year and the Bengals couldn't win a game in the early part of this year. As soon as that changed slightly, you showed back up with your trash.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Take your opinion to the Bengals board if you don't like how this place is ran.

Honestly no one really gives a damn about you or your posts, just as mentioned your main gaol around here is to stir the pot, and you do a poor job at that, but that is not really the point. Quit whining and if you don't like that your attempted smack posts are being removed from pure football, go post somewhere else because I for one won't miss you and doubt others would as well.

Your a troll and think your getting over by your obvious smack in pure football but you got caught and now are crying about it. Boo Hoo.

Go cry to a board that cares.

How sad a Bengals fan whining about his or her post being removed, poor ole Bengals fan. Not.

R
Administrator
Administrator
R
Quote:

Why have you guys made it a habit to delete my posts without explanation?

I think this has been adequately explained to you now. I re-directed you to your top5 thread you said was deleted, and explained why another thread was deleted that you didn't even question. You didn't ask further about those, which indicates an understanding on your part but the fact that you didn't acknowledge the response at all when given indicates a lack of caring for the rules; but that's just a subjective interpretation on my part.

Your Stallworth thread has been explained to you, in depth. You wish to belabor the point, which would tend to indicate further that your desire is to rub salt in a wound, by feigning ignorance and acting as if you were taken aback. I base this on previous posts of the same nature.

You are welcome to continue posting here, as you have not had your posting privileges suspended, but I would hope that you do so in the future with all of the above noted things in mind. Our wish is not to prevent you from posting here; if that were to be the case you would be banned.

Be mindful of where you are is all we ask.

This thread will now be closed because it has served it's purpose.

Thanks.

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Fan Feedback Forum Question for the refs,etc

Link Copied to Clipboard