Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
By TOM HAYS, Associated Press Writer 16 minutes ago

NEW YORK (AP)—An ex-girlfriend of Roberto Alomar filed an explosive lawsuit alleging the former baseball star insisted on unprotected sex for four years despite having AIDS.

The lawsuit, filed Jan. 30 and transferred to U.S. District Court on Wednesday, contains accusations that could not be corroborated but portray Alomar as someone who demanded sex without a condom despite showing obvious signs of HIV.

Ilya Dall is seeking at least $15 million in punitive damages from the 41-year-old former infielder. Alomar spent 17 years in the majors and was one of the game’s great second basemen.

Calls seeking comment from lawyers for Alomar and Dall were not immediately returned. Alomar lawyer Charles Bach told the New York Daily News the allegations are “frivolous and baseless.”

Dall said the two began dating in spring 2002 and had unprotected sex for the next four years. She said that on several occasions during that time, Alomar refused to get tested for HIV, despite severe fatigue, sores on his mouth and throat, a constant cough and an infection of the esophagus that is associated with AIDS.

She said Alomar finally relented and tested positive for HIV in February 2006.

Dall said she was angered by the disclosure and was tested herself; the result was negative. She said follow-up exams determined that Alomar had full-blown AIDS.

By then, she said Alomar had purple skin, was foaming at the mouth and was too sick to walk, forcing him to need a wheelchair to get around at an airport.

Dall said the ordeal caused her severe emotional and mental distress and fear she may one day test positive for HIV herself.

She called the conduct of Alomar “outrageous with wanton reckless disregard of the health, safety and well-being” of Dall.

The lawsuit does not say why Dall continued to have unprotected sex with Alomar. Dall said the couple lived together until last year.

Alomar was one of baseball’s best players in the 1990s, making 12 straight All-Star appearances and winning two World Series with the Toronto Blue Jays.

A career .300 hitter with 10 Gold Gloves, Alomar broke in with the San Diego Padres in 1988 and also played for the Baltimore Orioles, Cleveland Indians, New York Mets, Arizona Diamondbacks and Chicago White Sox. He was out of baseball by 2005.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=Ap...p&type=lgns

Legend
Legend
Quote:

She called the conduct of Alomar “outrageous with wanton reckless disregard of the health, safety and well-being” of Dall.

Yet you contintued to stay with him and you continued to have sex...

yebat' Putin
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Some people are so stupid there just aren't words to describe it.

#gmstrong #gmlapdance
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
If it is determined that Alomar knew he had HIV and continued to have unproected sex he can be charged criminally.

A guy I used to work with is doing 12 years for that.

KING

You may be in the drivers seat but God is holding the map. #GMSTRONG
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
After a closer read, it appears neither of them knew he had AIDS. Still, I think she's stupid for continuing to have unprotected sex with him when she suspected it.

#gmstrong #gmlapdance
Legend
Legend
If he knew and continued having unprotected sex with her then by all means, hold him criminally accountable.. but if she had serious suspicions and continued to stay and have unprotected sex with him as he refused to get tested, then I don't see why she deserves an 8 figure pay day out of this.

yebat' Putin
L
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
L
I thought Alomar was dating or married a pretty good tennis player when he was in Cleveland. I cant remember her name but I think she was from France.

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

I thought Alomar was dating or married a pretty good tennis player when he was in Cleveland. I cant remember her name but I think she was from France.

It was Pierce...he was sleeping with one of my close friend's sister at the same time.

Legend
Legend
Wait,, what did I miss,, I hadn't heard that Roberto Alomar had HIV.. Is this old news that I'm just finding out about, or is this brand new news

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Wait,, what did I miss,, I hadn't heard that Roberto Alomar had HIV.. Is this old news that I'm just finding out about, or is this brand new news

This is the first time I had heard of it.

Legend
Legend
So the question of the day is,, does Roberto Alomar have HIV?

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

So the question of the day is,, does Roberto Alomar have HIV?

The claim is that it is full blown AIDS. It is also claimed that he kept it secret for quite awhile, and it is being said that he got around quite a bit. If someone steps up and shows that Robbie had sex with them while knowing he had the virus and did not inform them, he could be going to jail.

KING

You may be in the drivers seat but God is holding the map. #GMSTRONG
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Ex-girlfriend files lawsuit against Roberto Alomar

Link Copied to Clipboard