Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Practice Squad
OP Offline
Practice Squad
T
I found that article through NFL Mobile Live on my cell phone. I posted it in the right forum and gave credit to the application. The story did not list an author and the source remained anonymous from WOIO-TV. Why was it deleted?

My guess: I'm a rookie with very few posts and can't be taken seriously - and/or - I'm not in that precious "circle" of dawgtalkers. I would love to hear from the moderators.

Legend
Legend
I'll let the Ref that removed it answer, but I will address part of your statetment:

Quote:

I'm a rookie with very few posts and can't be taken seriously - and/or - I'm not in that precious "circle" of dawgtalkers. I would love to hear from the moderators.

1. You are so out of whack that it isn't even funny.
2. You very obviously have a familiarity with this place, so I can - and will - assume you have been here before under a different account, probably one that has been removed previously (from your tone, I have a few ideas)
3. You clearly have issues with how things are moderated here and you have a lot of pretension and preconceived notions about the people and activites here - if you have those issues, then I suggest you go elsewhere.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

T
Practice Squad
OP Offline
Practice Squad
T
FYI - I never had a previous account w/ dawgtalkers. I check out this site for breaking Browns news because I bleed brown, orange, and white. I now see there are two types of browns fans, which I won't go into. Your opinions are appreciated, but telling another Browns fan to go elsewhere shows what kind of person you are. Go play with your puppies now.

J
Legend
Legend
J
I love newbie paranoia.

Sounds like you posted something with no credit, no source, and no way to link it filled with rumor. That's gonna get deleted everytime by everybody.

But, it's all because you aren't part of the inner circle.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Sounds like you posted something with no credit, no source, and no way to link it filled with rumor.

No way. That doesn't make any sense

Quote:

But, it's all because you aren't part of the inner circle.

Your sarcasm is not appreciated. That is obviously the reason his post was deleted.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Quote:

My guess: I'm a rookie with very few posts and can't be taken seriously - and/or - I'm not in that precious "circle" of dawgtalkers.

I've been posting here for years, & still no one likes me.
So don't feel bad.

And yeah you're being a little paranoid. I had a thread deleted the other day, just scroll down this forum you'll see what I mean.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
L
Legend
Legend
L
Quote:

Go play with your puppies now.

'
that is very rude, dude.

gmstrong

-----------------

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

I'm not in that precious "circle" of dawgtalkers.

Like Scarface said(the rapper,not Al Pacino)

" If your outside the clique then you die *****"

Ok, if you didnt get it, that was sarcastic. Its not about being in a clique. its about following the rules. I am sure a newb is going to get scrutinized a bit more while a long timer is going to get slightly more lee way.

You may be in the drivers seat but God is holding the map. #GMSTRONG
Steeler
Steeler
I like Al Pacino better. Surely he must have a quote you can use.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Quote:

Quote:

My guess: I'm a rookie with very few posts and can't be taken seriously - and/or - I'm not in that precious "circle" of dawgtalkers.

I've been posting here for years, & still no one likes me.
So don't feel bad.

And yeah you're being a little paranoid. I had a thread deleted the other day, just scroll down this forum you'll see what I mean.

You're lucky. Most on here despise me.

Plus, I got banned for dissing a steeler fan!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
j/c....Was just wondering why my post about the fridge was gone? at the top was from AP....Again just wanting to know?

R
Administrator
Administrator
R
Quote:

My guess: I'm a rookie with very few posts and can't be taken seriously - and/or - I'm not in that precious "circle" of dawgtalkers. I would love to hear from the moderators.

I didn't remove your thread but will address you since you wanted to hear from the moderators (plural).

First, being a rookie has nothing to do with anything. Neither does having a low post count. Let's get that straight.

Secondly, if a "precious circle of dawgtalkers" did exist you wouldn't have to be a member of it to post a new thread if your thread was non-duplicative in nature, had valid content and was accredited to a reliable source.

Your thread started with a rumor which we try and discourage around here.

The article you posted claimed to know that the Browns would draft one of two specific players. Then it goes on to mention a third as a consideration also. It even mentions a fourth player as a possibility. That's hardly breaking news or an inside look at the draft. You can find those players mentioned as possible draft picks at number 5 all over this board.

The source you gave, "NFL Mobile Live on my Sprint phone", is not a source anyone can check on without being a Sprint data subscriber...

NFL Mobile Live is free of charge to Sprint data subscribers and is only available at Sprint. web page to back up that statement This eliminates us Refs, or anyone else who is not a Sprint subscriber, from checking the source for themselves. That is not a valid/reliable source.

So in conclusion, your thread was likely removed because it contained no new valid information, (just rumor from WOIO), and had no valid/reliable source to which it was attributed. In addition, since the basic content of that story can be found in other threads on the board, that made it duplicative in nature. A post like that, if it were linked to a valid/reliable source, could have been placed in an existing thread where draft topics are already being discussed. There was no need to start a new thread with a tidbit like that.

We try to keep the number of threads to a minimum thereby centralizing topical information making it easier and less confusing to keep up with the real news.

Quote:

*NOTE* If this has been discussed somewhere else, I apologize.

That comment at the end of your thread's post says you already understand much of this and I appreciate that you do.

One last thing, the tone in which you present your "guess" as to why your thread was removed is never well taken. No one likes to be talked to in an accusing manner like that. In the future you would do well to ask your question and wait for a response before you begin with the snide remarks. You are allowed to disagree and you are allowed to strongly state such disagreement. But right out of the gate it would behoove you to be nicer to those who could help you.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

I like Al Pacino better. Surely he must have a quote you can use.

" Thain say heelooo to my leetle friend"

KING

You may be in the drivers seat but God is holding the map. #GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Quote:

The worlds largest load of dung... I was one of the first to ever join here.. and I had 3, countem,, 3 posts deleted within the last month..

The reasons were because I MISSED that they were all repeats.. and I was publically scolded for it..

So, please, go talk to Dr. Phil about your paranoia.. Just leave us out of it...

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
We just like to rag on you Damanshot. lol

KeysDawg

The fact that some geniuses were laughed at does not imply that all who are laughed at are geniuses. - Carl Sagan
Legend
Legend
FYI, I am likely one of the most feared and respected posters on DawgTalk, and arguably the most important one, and even I have posts moved or deleted.

I am unfamiliar with this feeling of optimism
L
Legend
Legend
L
Thank you, sir... just for being here.

gmstrong

-----------------

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Thank you, sir... just for being here.

Well it's about time someone recognized it!

I am unfamiliar with this feeling of optimism
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Fan Feedback Forum Deleted Post on "Browns to draft Sanchez or Crabtree?"

Link Copied to Clipboard