Print Thread
#393384 06/29/09 08:11 PM
D
DG Offline OP
Practice Squad
OP Offline
Practice Squad
D
I saw the article on David Patten and thought about how we missed Jurevicius. Isn't this what we still need to motivate the new players?
"Patten Still Enjoys the Grind" by Zac Jackson
http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/article.php?id=9648

"I want those guys to hopefully one day in the future make it to the Pro Bowl or the Hall of Fame and I want them to say, ‘David Patten is the best teammate I ever had,'" he said. "Not only teammate but the best friend I had.

"I still have my personal goals and dreams. But my number one goal is to push those guys and realize that potential. I was always taught the more you push someone, the higher they go and higher you go. One thing I can say about my time in New England is we always had that sense of oneness and support and encouragement it was a time.

DG #393385 06/29/09 08:54 PM
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
That's certainly the type of attitude you love to hear from a member of the Cleveland Browns!

There may be people who have more talent than you, but there's no excuse for anyone to work harder than you do.
-Derek Jeter
DG #393386 06/30/09 03:15 PM
Legend
Legend
That is a good attitude and something that was missed, but what we really missed without JJ was the guy that is 6' 13" tall with hands of pure gold unafraid to go across the middle and catch the ball. We missed the ability to regularly and consistently convert on 3rd down.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

was the guy that is 6' 13" tall

Wow, that's big, like Z.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
C
All Pro
All Pro
C
Just the thought of Z crossing the middle to make a tough catch

DG #393389 07/01/09 01:54 PM
Legend
Legend
p.s. If the young players need anything to motivate them that isn't within them already, they won't be around long enough to learn from the vets. That is the difference between Peyton Manning and Ryan Leaf. Peyton has the inner drive, Leaf needed something to motivate him.

lol @ the thought of Z running a drag route... I have a mental image akin to Borat trying to run while wearing diving fins, lol

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

D
DG Offline OP
Practice Squad
OP Offline
Practice Squad
D
I liked the idea of Jerevicious returnig to his old home town and also being motiviated to help the new players. Patten isn't JJ but has some ability (he did socre on a pass, run and throw a TD in the same game). I always thought we should have kept him instead of Morgan.

The Browns must start learning from the past and motivate the players. I liked Savage's idea of getting Ohio players and solidifying the Oline. We now should move forward since these are such simple ideas that should have been done right away. Mangini seems to be able to make complicated coaching decisions and understand the best ways to win. One way is to get experience to help the new guys.

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Patten as Mentor

Link Copied to Clipboard