Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Legend
Legend
Yes, more than normal....but no where near what he gave up.

Crabtree is a complete MORON! He's not going to get a contract based on the mock draft rankings. It's totally insane!

And if he does sit out the entire year, nobody can talk or work him out until the day the draft starts (since his rights are still owned by the 49ers). So more than likely, he won't get drafted until the late 1st or later. And then he'll be getting waaaaay less than even his current contract offer than the 49ers.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
F
Legend
Legend
F

I honestly hope the arrogant PoS ends up painting billboards for a living so he can see how he was handed the golden key and decided to pawn it.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Crabtree is a complete MORON! He's not going to get a contract based on the mock draft rankings. It's totally insane!

The part that really baffles me.. how can his agent ever let him do that... I mean seriously,, that's just insane as you put it..

Agents are supposed to be smarter than that.. yet, the saga continues...

At this stage,, if he sits out this season, goes into the draft next season, he'll get drafted lower... But lets say he goes higher or at the same spot,, The money he lost this year in salary and signing bonus alone is something he's probably never going to recoup.....

Not very bright... and yeah, I"m very glad we didn't draft him....

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
L
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
L
As I was discussing with someone earlier, the agent gives advice. It is up to the player whether or not he wants to accept that advice. In general the advice is very good but at this point if Crabtree at all wants a chance to get on the field he needs to tell his agent to get it done soon.

Go Browns!!

[Linked Image]
N
Rookie
Rookie
N
Quote:

Quote:

The part that really baffles me.. how can his agent ever let him do that... I mean seriously,, that's just insane as you put it..

Agents are supposed to be smarter than that.. yet, the saga continues...

At this stage,, if he sits out this season, goes into the draft next season, he'll get drafted lower... But lets say he goes higher or at the same spot,, The money he lost this year in salary and signing bonus alone is something he's probably never going to recoup.....

Not very bright... and yeah, I"m very glad we didn't draft him....

Simple, if there is no collective bargaining signed next year is uncapped and his agent is playing the lotto in trying to get a bigger deal in an uncapped year. Bigger deal in an uncapped year means more money for the agent.... Otherwise I have no idea, especially if the 49ers take him again, out of spite, later in the draft...

Legend
Legend
his agent is an idiot... he could have BEEN cashed his check...

and then when there is an uncapped year... FIND ANOTHER ROOKIE TO BE AN AGENT FOR!

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
N
Rookie
Rookie
N
Quote:

and then when there is an uncapped year... FIND ANOTHER ROOKIE TO BE AN AGENT FOR!

I can't argue with that... but the bigger idiot is Crabtree for not getting into camp, he has the final say. Does anyone know if his old coach apologized to Mangini for the Diva comment?

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

Quote:

I can't argue with that... but the bigger idiot is Crabtree for not getting into camp, he has the final say. Does anyone know if his old coach apologized to Mangini for the Diva comment?

I think he is still peeved that the Browns didnt sign Harrell and let him go to the CFL

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"Don't be burdened by regrets or make your failures an obsession or become embittered or possessed by ruined hopes"
N
Rookie
Rookie
N
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I think he is still peeved that the Browns didnt sign Harrell and let him go to the CFL

So, it would seem that Diva can be coached

C
2nd String
2nd String
C
What in the hell is wrong with Crabtree? How stupid is he to think he can get paid more by using a mock draft? Seriously. Who thought of that? Him, or his agent?

I think it would be comical if he holds out all year, then goes into the draft next year, and doesn't get drafted at all.

If he does hold out all year. What team would even take the chance on him next year? I would hope none. He could be the poster child for what not to do. And, teach people in the future that it's a privilege to play in the NFL, not a given.

B
All Pro
All Pro
B

The kid has talent, but no sense that is for sure. As to what team would draft him, probably a lot of them, but I would be willing to bet the raiders would take him early. Not likely first round, but 2nd. Other teams probably would in the 2nd or later, if he were still there.

Statistics are like a bikini; what they show is interesting, but what they hide is vital.
Drive for show (1st round), Putt for dough (rest of draft).
E
Legend
Legend
E
"Who was the QB who went and played baseball because he wasn't happy with where he was going to be drafted ...... then culdn;t cut it in baseball and wound up a low paid NFL free agent?"

Wasn't Henson....I believe his name was Hutchinson??? oddly he was also signed by Dallas (briefly) at the same time they had Henson.

Amazing how bad those two actually became being away from football. Either that or they would have been busts regardless???

Toughest position to evaluate from college.

JMHO - Crabtree - pfft he's a WR who cares...lol

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
C
2nd String
2nd String
C
Quote:

The kid has talent, but no sense that is for sure. As to what team would draft him, probably a lot of them, but I would be willing to bet the raiders would take him early. Not likely first round, but 2nd. Other teams probably would in the 2nd or later, if he were still there.

So I guess we'll have to wait until next years mock drafts to see where, and who, will draft Crabtree.

O
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
O
He'll sign this year. Even the idiot agent.............the one who's REALLY driving this train..........knows that he won't be able to make up the amount of money Crabs will lose by going back into the draft.

***Gordon, I really didn't think you could be this stOOpid, but you exceeded my expectations. Wussy.
Manziel, see Josh Gordon. Dumbass.***
T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
Executives against concept of pick protection

By Charles Robinson, Yahoo! Sports
Sep 17, 1:54 pm EDT

Buzz up! 308 PrintYou can follow Charles Robinson on Twitter at @YahooSportsNFL.

Two days after San Francisco 49ers team president Jed York opened the door for a détente with unsigned NFL draft pick Michael Crabtree(notes), the standoff still lingers between the team and agent Eugene Parker. And as the clock ticks, the lack of sympathy from the rest of the NFL only becomes more apparent.

On the heels of York’s offer, Yahoo! Sports reached out to highly placed personnel men from seven NFL teams, polling them on whether they’d support the establishment of draft pick protection. Crabtree has become the fourth top-10 pick in the past eight years to hold out into the regular season. Cornerback Quentin Jammer signed with the San Diego Chargers after the team’s week 1 game in 2002. Offensive tackle Bryant McKinnie didn’t sign with the Minnesota Vikings until Nov. 1 that same year. And quarterback Marcus Russell missed the season opener for the Oakland Raiders in 2007. So a simple question was posed: In light of threats about Crabtree re-entering the draft in 2010, would personnel men be in favor of adopting some form of Major League Baseball’s practice, which awards an additional draft choice to franchises which failed to sign a first- or second-round pick the previous year.

More From Charles RobinsonPatriots, Cardinals have cause for concern Sep 16, 2009 Brees picks up where he left off in '08 Sep 13, 2009 ADVERTISEMENT

Michael Crabtree

The answer? A resounding no, with all seven men coming out strongly against the idea.

“We shouldn’t become a league that rewards failure,” said one NFC North executive. “Why would I want to end up with a lower pick in [a subsequent] draft because another team couldn’t sign a player? … We’ve had very, very few [holdouts] like Crabtree, and fewer times where a player actually went back into a draft.”

The last first-rounder to sit out an entire season was Kelly Stouffer, drafted by the St. Louis Cardinals (now the Arizona Cardinals) with the sixth pick in 1987. The former Colorado State quarterback had his rights traded following the season to the Seattle Seahawks, where he spent five seasons.

“If you can’t find a way to sign a draft choice, it puts you in some bad company,” the aforementioned NFC executive said. “Somewhere along the way, you really [messed] up.”

Asked if that was meant to be a poke at the 49ers, he replied: “Read your history. Things like this are never one-sided.”

He wasn’t alone in that cynicism. While public and media sentiment have been overwhelmingly against Crabtree and Parker, all seven executives agreed the impasse marks a significant failure by the 49ers, too. While second-guessing is easy in hindsight, it didn’t stop some from suggesting that they saw a nasty impasse coming as soon as Crabtree slipped out of the top five and then had Oakland’s Darrius Heyward-Bey(notes) selected in front of him at No. 7 – particularly considering Crabtree was represented by Parker, who has a history of holdouts with draft picks.

“[Crabtree] didn’t even work out for teams, and he still had it in his mind that he was the best player in the draft,” the NFC North executive said. “People were in his ear telling him that from jump street. Honestly, I thought it could have been a problem if Seattle would have taken him [at No. 4]. Then they would have been asking for No. 1 money.”

Added an NFC general manager: “He was represented by Eugene Parker. That was kind of a giveaway right there.”

That lack of compassion appeared to be the foundation of why executives weren’t receptive to the idea of pick protection. As a fraternity, many executives subscribe to an every-man-for-himself attitude – feeling that when it comes down to business, it’s up to you to protect yourself. It can sound like a cold philosophy, but it is a distrust that stems from dramatically spiking rookie salaries inside the draft’s top 10 choices, and a finger-wagging nature that often ensues after teams sign what are considered to be “bad deals.”

The New York Jets, for example, continue to be heavily criticized amongst other front offices, largely because they have a history of lavishing contracts that were considered too favorable or “over slot” to rookies. Three Jets contracts in particular – Dewayne Robertson(notes) in 2003, Darrelle Revis(notes) in 2007 and Vernon Gholston(notes) in 2008 – have all been consistently lamented as bad deals in many other personnel departments. And by extension, such deals have fostered a belief amongst many executives that other teams can’t be trusted to make good decisions and negotiate solid deals.

“Sometimes the teams negotiating are just as much at fault as the agent,” an AFC executive said. “Conceptually, [pick protection] is a fair idea if the agent is holding an unfair gun to the head of the club. But the reality becomes, how do you determine that? Because there are some clubs that do some stupid [stuff] and aren’t negotiating in good faith. The bad faith negotiating happens on both sides of the ball. To me, the bigger problem lays in what has happened historically. This top 10 [financial] mess is a top-10 mess because agents have squeezed teams and teams have caved. Predecessors with organizations and clubs have had no [guts] whatsoever.”

Another AFC executive echoed those sentiments – that too many teams lack the intestinal fortitude to negotiate correctly.

“It’s spelled out very clearly for both parties,” he said. “If you don’t sign with us, we’re out a player and you can move on with your life. And we’ll give you a timetable of your life as a draft pick. Your money is there now and it will be decreased over time – decreased, decreased and decreased. That’s it. Game on.”

And that’s how many executives feel the 49ers should be conducting themselves now – with a defiant stance that forces Crabtree to follow through with his threat to re-enter the draft. Indeed, some say it’s a decision that should have been made before Crabtree was even selected at No. 10. Once he was available to San Francisco at that pick, executives suggest the franchise should have been prepared to make one of three decisions: draft him and walk away if he wouldn’t sign for No. 10 money, draft him and overpay him, or pass on him and select another player.

“Part of the art of the draft is making sure you pick the right guy,” the aforementioned NFC general manager said. “You owe it to the owner and the organization to pick the right guy in the right situation. Traditionalists are going to look at [Crabtree and his agent] and say ‘You should have known with this guy.’ … Just because he’s the best player on the board at the time you pick, you can’t just throw caution to the wind and say ‘well, we’ll be the one to change him.’ ”

Legend
Legend
I didn't read this whole thread, so what I saw today, might have already been posted..

I was watching ESPN this morning,, they showed a crowd outside of a stadium where a college game will be played this afternoon.. Didn't catch which one,, but it really doesn't matter,

One of the kids was holding up a sign that read

Crabtree agrees to contract terms.............with McDonalds?

Cracked me up...

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Simple, if there is no collective bargaining signed next year is uncapped and his agent is playing the lotto in trying to get a bigger deal in an uncapped year. Bigger deal in an uncapped year means more money for the agent...

I'm not at all convinced that a deal won't get done for a new CBA... might be a last minute thing, but I bet it gets done.

The other thing is this,, if a new CBA isn't done, what makes anyone think that all teams are gonna just run hog wild paying gobs of money to FA's and draft Picks.. I don't see them doing anything that will negatively effect the NFL as a whole for the long term.

Then there is the thought that says, what team is stupid enough to pay a guy like Crabtree (maybe he should be known as GRAB "money" TREE) any big money when they already think he's a headcase for doing what he's doing this year... If I'm a GM, I run from this guy... Especially if I gotta spend a 1st round pick on him.

Nope, as HotB said, this agent is an IDIOT.. He should tell Crabtree,, Go find another agent..

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
Michael Crabtree Signs With 49ers
After months of dispute, WR Michael Crabtree agrees to six-year deal with San Francisco
Tags: NFL, San Francisco 49ers, Michael CrabtreeLearn More » Report a bug » Feedback »
Michael Crabtree Signs With 49ers
After months of holding out, wide receiver Michael Crabtree has agreed to a contract with the San Francisco 49ers, league sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

Crabtree

Crabtree will get a six-year deal that he can void to five years if he meets undefined performance clauses, a league source told ESPN's Michael Smith.

The 22-year-old Crabtree is expected to report to the team's training facility Wednesday.

Crabtree and agent Eugene Parker met into the early-morning hours Wednesday with 49ers owner Jed York, general manager Scot McCloughan and Paraag Marathe, vice president of football operations. The two sides had gone almost three weeks without talking.

San Francisco selected Crabtree with the 10th pick in this year's draft and could use the wideout's game-breaking ability in the passing game. That said, he has a lot of catching up to do to learn the offense after missing all of training camp.

He also sat out the 49ers' offseason minicamps and organized team activities while recovering from a foot injury, but was a regular presence for rehabilitation and strengthening workouts at the team's training facility.

Coach Mike Singletary, whose 49ers lead the NFC West and at 3-1 are off to their best start since 2002, said Monday he would welcome Crabtree whenever he joins the team.

Crabtree caught 97 passes for 1,165 yards and 19 touchdowns last year during his sophomore season at Texas Tech. He finished his college career with 231 receptions for 3,127 yards and 41 TDs.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

Legend
Legend
So I wonder which side caved? If I was SF, I'm not sure I'd give him more than the first contract I offered him at this point.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Both sides caved some..but perhaps Crabapple did more..

Legend
Legend
All I know is that the President of the 49ers is a year younger than me, and I'm only 30. Talk about a mess of a FO.

That being said, I have a feeling this was a "mutual" thing. The 49ers were tired of him sitting out and the embarrassment that comes with that, and Crabtree was starting to wonder how much money he was leaving on the table.

I am unfamiliar with this feeling of optimism
Legend
Legend
Quote:

All I know is that the President of the 49ers is a year younger than me, and I'm only 30. Talk about a mess of a FO.

That being said, I have a feeling this was a "mutual" thing. The 49ers were tired of him sitting out and the embarrassment that comes with that, and Crabtree was starting to wonder how much money he was leaving on the table.

Wondering ? ,.....he's probably needing to pay all the bills he racked up waiting,...dipwads, him and his agent.

N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

Talk about a mess of a FO.

I don't know....they refused to meet the demands of a high-profile player in a year when they desperately needed to compete.

sure, they lucked out in that they didn't need him to start well afterall...but neither they nor there fans could be sure of that 2 months ago.

i'm impressed by their FO that they were able to not cave (and i'm guessing they just added very high performance clauses so Crabtree can save face).....and that they were able to sign him so that he might be able to help the team by Halloween for the playoff push.

and can you imagine being Crabtree right now walking into that lockerroom or Mike Singletary's office? he's gonna have his tail between his legs....or will at least after Singletary gets through wtih him (remember Vernon Davis)

#gmstrong
F
Legend
Legend
F
Singletary will basically tell him "Your hear now, so get to work."

But he isn't going to cut him any slack for not knowing the basics of the offense. He'll come down hard every time he messes up.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
O
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
O
I'm on record as thinking Crabtree is going to be an elite receiver.

His agent was the one pushing the buttons here, not the player. This is Parker's MO, and it's going to cost Crabtree much of his rookie season.

People have bagged on Crabs for a while. He's going to be good. Very good.

***Gordon, I really didn't think you could be this stOOpid, but you exceeded my expectations. Wussy.
Manziel, see Josh Gordon. Dumbass.***
N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

I'm on record as thinking Crabtree is going to be an elite receiver.

His agent was the one pushing the buttons here, not the player. This is Parker's MO, and it's going to cost Crabtree much of his rookie season.

People have bagged on Crabs for a while. He's going to be good. Very good.

I agree with the part about that he is going to be very good....

I don't agree completely with the agent part....at some point, you have to tell your agent that he works for you, not vice versa and get a deal done.

and how many millions in the Bay area in marketing $'s did he lose by this holdout as well....

then again, I say he still has a better rookie year than Heyward-Bey

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I'm sure as hell thankful we did not get him!!!!!!!

LET'S GO BROWNS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[Linked Image]
[b]WOOF WOOF[b]
Legend
Legend
Quote:

then again, I say he still has a better rookie year than Heyward-Bey

Louis Murhpy, their 4th round rookie is actually leading the team in receiving yards...

Massaquoi is actually the 4th most productive rookie WR (by yards) and he's only really played one game.

yebat' Putin
M
1st String
1st String
M
Crabtree will be an elite WR... I think he is in the perfect situation right now. The 49ers count on their D to win games. He can come in and take his lumps and not have to be relied upon so much.

I dont think we see him on the field though until Week 7 or 8. Get him caught up in practice as much as you can and see what he can do for you later in the season. He'll have to be respected and with that WR core, the 49ers will welcome his presence on the field---especially Gore.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Crabtree...let's be thankful we didn't pick him

Link Copied to Clipboard