Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
All Pro
OP Offline
All Pro
B
Three of our four opponents in the preseason are our opponents in the regular season. Why?

I'm sick of playing Detroit every year.

Can someone explain why Pre-Seasons are set this way and why the majority of our 'practice' games are against Reg-Season opponents.

I'd like to see us play teams we don't hardly every get to play; you know some variety.

What ends up happening is neither team being able to get better because they have to balance between their roster and the cards they want to show before a real game.

I think the first rule in the Pre-Season is that you can't be playing that team in the regular season...it would provide for more change and opportunity for out-of-town fans to see their team!

[Linked Image from thumb0.webshots.net]
R
Legend
Legend
R
I always thought it had to do with the travel. Not much sense in making a team fly across the country for a preseason game. Keep 'em as close to home as possible.

Legend
Legend
Makes sense to me... No need to travel far in preseason...

Keep it how it is.. we could go 4-0 against the Colts, Patriots, Chargers, and Eagles... but it doesn't mean anything... why put the players through that...

Preseason is for two things:

1) To get a flow going
2) A chance for 3rd string guys to make the roster based on the only play they will probably get besides on special teams..

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Legend
Legend
Quote:

I always thought it had to do with the travel. Not much sense in making a team fly across the country for a preseason game. Keep 'em as close to home as possible.

I subscribe to this being the correct, probable reason (?)....but disagree with it. The NFL has flown to London and Japan during pre-season (and regular season),...travel budgets should not be an issue.

Realize the Browns are restricted by geographical opponents, Pittsburgh, Cincy and Baltimore, but there's Washington, Atlanta, Buffalo, Indy, St. Louis, Philly, both New York(s),....New England, etc, etc,....

The GLC thing is indeed old. The whole pre-season thing needs some upgrading.

L
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
L
Remeber when the Browns use to practice against Buffaloe every year? I wonder if they will ever bring that back? I dont know if Belicheck does this but Crennel stopped doing it and I doubt Mangini starts.

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

The GLC thing is indeed old.

You take that back! I thoroughly enjoyed watching Beau Bell hoist the barge on the sideline in sweet sweet victory!

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

The GLC thing is indeed old.

You take that back! I thoroughly enjoyed watching Beau Bell hoist the barge on the sideline in sweet sweet victory!

No,...

B
Legend
Legend
B
Why not play them??

It is done to eliminate travel in the preseason.

I think we can expect to see pretty much the same teams in preseason...NFC north and AFC east.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Don't Get It - Preseason is against NFC North???? Why?

Link Copied to Clipboard