Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#407166 08/23/09 03:05 PM
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
I am in a draft tonight and this draft has defensive players in it. Being as I have never done a draft like this I figured I would come on here and get some pointers.

Any suggestions? Like what round should I start thinking about defensive players and that sort.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
It depends on the scoring system.

I usually fill out my offensive players first since those positions are still tough to come by. I usually don't take my first IDP until the mid rounds. But if the league scoring system awards defensive players with insane amounts of points I would change that strategy.

I mostly select defensive players with high tackle numbers, they'll provide scoring more consistently than a high sack guy or interception guy.

-Defensive line you wont have much of a choice other than to go for the sack artist.

-LB defnitely go with guys that pile up tackles

-DB fill this out with mostly safties who pile up tackles, some corners are useful especially if the league awards passes defensed.

Hope this helps.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

It depends on the scoring system.

I usually fill out my offensive players first since those positions are still tough to come by. I usually don't take my first IDP until the mid rounds. But if the league scoring system awards defensive players with insane amounts of points I would change that strategy.

I mostly select defensive players with high tackle numbers, they'll provide scoring more consistently than a high sack guy or interception guy.

-Defensive line you wont have much of a choice other than to go for the sack artist.

-LB defnitely go with guys that pile up tackles

-DB fill this out with mostly safties who pile up tackles, some corners are useful especially if the league awards passes defensed.

Hope this helps.

Good pointers.. also keep in mind once IDP's start being taken expect a IDP run... that is what has happened in league i have been in with IDP's

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"Don't be burdened by regrets or make your failures an obsession or become embittered or possessed by ruined hopes"
T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
Most of the time LB score more points than other positions. Look for LB that are eligible at multiple positions. For example. Lamaar Woodley is eligible as a DL in the league I play in. Because he plays LB he get more tackles than most other DL and gets just as many sacks.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Agreed. Look for the big linebackers that can "play" multiple positions. For example, I play in a keeper league, where we have IDP's, and you have to keep 1 IDP. I kept Terrell Suggs because he is eligible at LB or DE.

Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
Dumbest league I have ever been in.

Half of the people that drafted including me and the guy who made it didn't realize that we were awarding points for returns.

So now there is a mad dash for pr/kr guy's.

Only one guy drafting in the league realized it so now his team is pretty stacked.

Not sure how it will play out but we will see.

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Fantasy & Gaming FF draft help.

Link Copied to Clipboard