Next Thread
Print Thread
#410574 09/05/09 02:27 AM
O
Practice Squad
OP Offline
Practice Squad
O
Just got the latest issue of SI, Sept.07, 09'. It's their double issue, featuring 66 pages of scouting reports. It goes thru the whole league team by team. They pick the order of finish for every division, play off match ups and all the games up to and including the Supr Bowl winner.

The top two picks for best regular season records are the Pat's @ 13-3 and the Giants @12-4. The two bottom teams are the Lions @3-13 and the Browns @ 2-14, they have us dead last.

I believe this was printed before the injuries of last week. Because to me the Cheifs and Bengals sure don't look that good, especially with all those casualties as of late. Has anyone else seen this yet?

I don't see a winning season, but I thought we would go somewhere between 4-12 and 6-10 and make a respectable showing..

I
1st String
1st String
I
yeah IMO i see us winning 5-7, will be joyfull for 8 or 9.

Ruining QB's since 1999.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
If we don't win at least 7 games with this schedule, we better get rid of Mangini ASAP....every new headcoach brings some overachieve excitement to a team...we even overachieved with Romeo and a much worse roster in his 1st year

I fully expect 7 to max 9 wins...this will be the best year under Mangini and I can't wait to hear the homer crap after the .500 season....but remember that I expect it to go down like this: overachieve, buying into his program the 1st year+easy schedule = good record, then the expectations rise and team starts getting fed up with his ego and smart ways = sophomore cramp...he gets year 3 and the whole ... goes down fast

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
maybe you can just youtube a simulation of game-action for the next 48 games and save us all the trouble of watching the real thing...

Browns fans are born with it...
B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
honestly, when i first started reading this, i thought you were going to say that SI forgot to discuss/include the browns....

i don't think we are the worst team in the NFL, we do play in arguably the toughest division.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Whats funny is last year we were the trendy pick to be the up-and-coming team in the NFL. And player-wise we really didn't get any worse between last year and this year---so it just goes to show how stupid the media really is.

I wish to wash my Irish wristwatch......
B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
very true- i have thought that a couple of time. KWII is gone, only major change. And we are healthy this year. Last year half of the projected starters were dinged up and missing time before the season ever started.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Quote:

The two bottom teams are the Lions @3-13 and the Browns @ 2-14, they have us dead last.

LOL, two wins... I guess somebody has to finish dead last in the NFL. Screw the media, no longer do I worry about them. These guys don't know half as much as they want you to think and just spout off....blahblahblah.... 'we're the experts'.... blahblahblah some more...

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
B
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
B
Quote:

If we don't win at least 7 games with this schedule, we better get rid of Mangini ASAP....every new headcoach brings some overachieve excitement to a team...we even overachieved with Romeo and a much worse roster in his 1st year

I fully expect 7 to max 9 wins...this will be the best year under Mangini and I can't wait to hear the homer crap after the .500 season....but remember that I expect it to go down like this: overachieve, buying into his program the 1st year+easy schedule = good record, then the expectations rise and team starts getting fed up with his ego and smart ways = sophomore cramp...he gets year 3 and the whole ... goes down fast

Yup, we know, I'll be sure to print it on a poster and hang it above my mantle in honor of you and your amazing predictions. In fact I'm on my way to Kinko's right now.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Something just hit me on the head!

YEP the sky is falling!

Dude, relax. You're gonna stroke out at this rate.

Think happy thoughts! Get to know Mangini before you call for his head...

Get a nice bowl of pasta, chill and watch a game, sip a little vino and root for your new best bud... The Mangenius.

Late next season, if it all goes south... then start bitchin.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
This stuff really doesn't phase me at all. However, if we do indeed fail to win four games than IMHO neither QB on the roster panned out and we will be in the market, so a top three pick may be a good thing.

I think the OL & DL have the foundation in place. DL I think will be better than most expect. LB is still weak, and I think our DB core is averge at the least. I think we will be better against the run and the D will start to creep out of the statistical basement.

Special teams are top ten.

Davis has shown flashes and will beat out JL come midseason. Harrisons return will be a bonus.

Furrey has solidified the 3rd reciever slot. Cribbs has shown great strides and is going to be a good receiver. Momass has stepped it up and Edward Drophands is well, Edward Drophands....he'll make some spectacular catches and blow some easy ones.

Thus IMHO, the season will hinge largely on the QB and their ability to get the ball upfield and into the endzone. If we can score 20 a game we will win 6.

B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
if its not the swimsuit edition then who cares?

they can say what they want....we're tied with everyone right now...

Attitude is everything....FEAR THE ELF!!!
B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Quote:

If we don't win at least 7 games with this schedule, we better get rid of Mangini ASAP

Is that you, Al Davis???

I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
Quote:

Thus IMHO, the season will hinge largely on the QB and their ability to get the ball upfield and into the endzone. If we can score 20 a game we will win 6.

If you say so..... but... we're running a 3-4 with weak/suspect/ crappy linebackers. IMO you don't have to be Emeril Lagasse to think that's a recipe for disaster.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

If we don't win at least 7 games with this schedule, we better get rid of Mangini ASAP

LOL,, You constantly harping on mangini is really disturbing man hasn't coached one meaningful game for the browns and you are already talking about what he needs to do to not get fired.. WOW

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
We are a better team than last year... with an easier schedule...

We win more than two games.. atleast say 4..

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum SI - NFL Preview 09'

Link Copied to Clipboard