Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
1st String
OP Offline
1st String
In this era day and time of over priced whining what about me players I usually never feel a player has a right to gripe about their pay and or their play time... you should feel honored playing a game that us fans pay your salary, and make you famous.. I have never stood up and said this player deserves this or that.. i usually go thats uncalled for or I just blow it off like ok thats not bad now play football.... untill NOW

i don't care what it takes to make Josh Cribbs happy and stay with us.. his rewards of resigning and playing for the Cleveland Browns is too much of an asset the a Risk so what am I saying

SIGN HIM LONG TERM TO WHAT HE WANTS AND MAKE HIM STAY HERE

what say you all?? opine please

Last edited by Referee2; 10/21/09 08:50 PM.

I am the artist that was known as Dawgmanincincy
R
All Pro
All Pro
R
If there is anyone that deserves an extension and a fat signing bonus, it is Joshua "FREAKING" Cribbs.

Screw the precedent worries. If other's come asking for the same thing, simply ask them, "Well, has your personal production been similar to that of Mr. Cribbs?"

Legend
Legend
Quote:

If other's come asking for the same thing, simply ask them, "Well, has your personal production been similar to that of Mr. Cribbs?"

I like that...

Give the man a raise.. it is RARE you get the opportunity to get a UDFA who played QB in college.. make him switch positions.. and watch him blossom right before your eyes...

Thank You Phil Savage...

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Cribbs deserves his current contract. He does not deserve a new contract until there is, at the very least, a year left on it.

you had a good run Hank.
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
I agree aslong as it dosent handcuff us in other areas of needs. We need to be creative in a way we can get FA and sign other players, It wont be long and J.Thomas is gonna be thinking contract, how long is he signed.

Just want to add, We all complain about losing every Sunday, but we also complain about high salaries, to get good / better players which helps us win we need to pay the big bucks, if we over pay our kick returner what postion will end up lacking, RB....RT Tackle ? Our kickers contract is bigger than most, what area makes up for that, LB, CB ?...everything must fit into a budget & ballence, over pay here, we lose there.

Also we Cant trade Cribbs, unless it was a complete blow us away deal, and nobody is gonna give us that,

All Pro
All Pro
Here's how I see it. Cleveland needs football players. Guys who go out and get after it every time they're on the field. Cribbs fits in with that mindset quite nicely.

After the last game of the season Kokonis should walk in and tear up a copy of Cribbs' contract in front of the entire team, say something like "you want to get paid, play like you want it...", and then negotiate a raise for a real football player. That's the way I'd like to see it go down.

Play like the best, get paid that way. We don't have enough stars on board to worry about breaking the bank any time soon.

"Let people think this is a dumpster fire," - Mike Pettine
E
All Pro
All Pro
E
I know I would love to play his previous agent at poker

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Cribbs deserves his current contract. He does not deserve a new contract until there is, at the very least, a year left on it.

At his position when he deserves a new contract he won't be worth as much as what he might be able to make. The span of a KR's career usually isn't that long.

Why be such a humbug. We have a guy on our team who actually is good, and he doesn't get paid. Meanwhile Corey Williams makes how much?

Many players could have been a real pain in the butt, instead Cribbs goes 100 percent every game, prepares thoroughly every week, and provides for us eveyr week.

Don't look at it as a new contract, look at it as a raise on his current contract. He makes much less than plenty of people on the team who don't perform.

It should be an example for players. You play your butt off and do well, and we will help you too. As of now, he's the only one who deserves it anyway.

UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
L
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
L
Quote:

Many players could have been a real pain in the butt, instead Cribbs goes 100 percent every game, prepares thoroughly every week, and provides for us eveyr week.

Don't look at it as a new contract, look at it as a raise on his current contract. He makes much less than plenty of people on the team who don't perform.

It should be an example for players. You play your butt off and do well, and we will help you too. As of now, he's the only one who deserves it anyway.

This is what I have been saying for weeks. The salary cap is $116 million or higher and Cribs makes about $1 million. Thats not even 1% of the teams payroll but he is like 20% of the teams production. Even when the deal was signed I remember they were talking about signing this deal to keep him a member of the Browns with the chance to add money down the road.

The team has had one constant in the previose two regimes and thats Randy Lerner. If Randy Lerner paid any attention to this team he would see what kind of player Cribbs is and know his contract situation. Even though he says he is staying out of the football aspects, he has to know whats going on with Cribbs. Unless he dont care and isnt paying attention because the passion of seeing the team be a winner and not just a profit is there. If Randy Lerner knows what is going on with Cribbs and he sees a player that is extremely under paid, he would step in a have the GM get this move done.

I would rather the Browns give Cribbs any money thats left over right now and give it to Cribbs instead of getting this bottom end of the 53 roster players that are signed from another teams PS, stay on the team for a couple weeks and get cut.

If Savage told Cribbs that he could get a raise and the new regime says that its not on them, then Lerner has the ability to step in and make sure that one of his top employees should be making more money.

This offense wouldnt have moved down the field if it wasnt for Cribbs and the wildcat. When the OC abondoned it, they quit scoring points. Im not worried about his int. because Cribbs can learn from his mistakes, which they should have been running these plays a long time ago/

GIVE THE MAN HIS MONEY!

C
Legend
Legend
C
PAY THAT MAN!!!

O
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
O
This is a dead issue.

Cribbs will get a raise, but it won't happen during the season like he, his agent, and some fans want.

***Gordon, I really didn't think you could be this stOOpid, but you exceeded my expectations. Wussy.
Manziel, see Josh Gordon. Dumbass.***
1st String
OP Offline
1st String
I never said it should happen during the year and after this year he has a year left on his contact then he is done an UFA free to sign with another team that cannot happen

I am the artist that was known as Dawgmanincincy
C
2nd String
2nd String
C
Quote:

This is a dead issue.

Cribbs will get a raise, but it won't happen during the season like he, his agent, and some fans want.

Exactly. They probably told him that they will talk about in the off season. He will get paid.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Cribbs deserves hid contract PERIOD

That would be good bidness.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
You won't fine many that don't agree with you.. most on here would say,,just pay the man... I'm among that group..

Pay the man

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
L
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
L
Does anyone think that Cribbs would have his raise if the Browns had an owner that knew anything about football? Not futball, football.

I dont see a Jerry Jones letting this issue go on for as long as it has without giving Cribbs the money he deserves. Even when he isnt scoring TDs, helping the team win the almighty battle for field position. Its too bad the guys that make so much more than him cant do anything with that field position.

O
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
O
Quote:

Does anyone think that Cribbs would have his raise if the Browns had an owner that knew anything about football? Not futball, football.

Lerner isn't the ultimate decision-maker and doesn't decide who gets new contracts or who doesn't. Sure, he has input, but that isn't how his system is setup.

Of course you're coming from the angle that says you believe he deserves a new deal, and that Lerner is an idiot for not giving him one, to which I'd reply he'd be an idiot to give him one now, so the Browns are doing the right thing.
Quote:

I dont see a Jerry Jones letting this issue go on for as long as it has without giving Cribbs the money he deserves.

That's because Jones is the teams shot-caller, unlike Lerner.

Of course if Jones was our owner, we'd have guys like Pacman Jones on the roster.

***Gordon, I really didn't think you could be this stOOpid, but you exceeded my expectations. Wussy.
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Quote:

I dont see a Jerry Jones letting this issue go on for as long as it has without giving Cribbs the money he deserves.

That's because Jones is the teams shot-caller, unlike Lerner.

Of course if Jones was our owner, we'd have guys like Pacman Jones on the roster.

Not to mention Tank Johnson, Terrell Owens, we could go on...

In the same breath though I don't think if Jerry Jones owned the Browns since we returned that we would be as bad as we currently are.

Politicians are puppets, y'all. Let's get Geppetto!

Formerly 4yikes2yoshi0
O
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
O
It's for a totally different thread, but I believe Jones to be the most overrated owner in the entire world, not just the NFL.

He benefits from owning "America's Team" and can, in many ways, do no wrong, even when he.......you know.......does wrong.

He benefited from the deal that Jimmy Johnson put together with the Vikings in the Walker deal, and rode those 6 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round picks to numerous Super Bowls.

But look at what's happened to the Cowgirls since the mid 90's.

They've spent more money than any team not named the Redskins, and have brought in all the guys you named and a bunch of bums you didn't (like the suicidal Underwood, that QB Chad whathisname that never panned out after he flunked out with the Yankees, etc etc). Had he not purely lucked into Romo, this team would be an absolute disaster.

Consider that the Cowboys haven't won a playoff game since 1996.

In many ways, Jones and Dan Snyder are the same guy. The only difference is that the Cowboys are THE most prominent team in the NFL, and if Jones decides to spend more than $1 billion on a new stadium, it'll sell.

Lerner has failed to put the proper people in place to make the correct personnel decisions.

Jones is that person, but has failed to make the correct personnel decisions.

Both are willing to spend however much money it takes to win.

From where I'm sitting, Jones isn't any better than Lerner. Why do I say that? Because if you take what each guy started with when Lerner took over the team, neither fielded team is any better than it was when they started. Lerner was handed a pile of crap and with one exception where things came together in 2007, he's right back to where he started. Why? Because of the people he put in place to call the shots. So what about Jones? The Cowboys are no closer to being a legit contender than they were 5 years ago. Why? Because Jones is the guy calling the shots, and moves like Pacman and Owens failed.

Each started at point C, and neither has been able to get past point C. Jones just has more money and a far better market, giving him more room to maneuver.

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
All I can say is touche'.

Politicians are puppets, y'all. Let's get Geppetto!

Formerly 4yikes2yoshi0
W
2nd String
2nd String
W
Quote:

we can get FA and sign other players

What Other players? Nobody will want to come here with Man/Kok running the show! IMO Do the Jets have any scrubs left that we can get? There are several teams asking about Cribbs right now, and if Da Mangenious don't want to set a precedence, then he should trade Cribbs while he has value! Other teams see his value even if We Don't! btw...I Just got my new Cribbs "Shadow" Jersey and it is Sweeet!!!! (Black is very appropiate for Brownie Fans right now) Check 'em out! JMHO Go Brownies!!!

Who Let Da Dawgs Out? Woof, Woof, Woof!!!!!
L
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
L
Quote:

All I can say is touche'.

I dont care how the system is set up. The owner is the boss and he should know the situation that is going on with this team. If he dont, then he is not even paying attention.

An employee was promised a raise by the former regime. The new one said its not on them. Lerner is the boss so he should step in.

Some of you might not care that Cribbs might not want to be here because he was promised something and got renegged. I do care about employees being lied to and not treated fairly.

I didnt say if Jerry Jones ran the team. I used him as an example. The downsides of Jerry Jones are not an awnser to my question.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

i don't care what it takes to make Josh Cribbs happy and stay with us.. his rewards of resigning and playing for the Cleveland Browns is too much of an asset the a Risk so what am I saying

SIGN HIM LONG TERM TO WHAT HE WANTS AND MAKE HIM STAY HERE

First ... let me say how happy I (and Randy Lerner) am that you are not making the decisions.

Pay him whatever he wants? Hell ..... I'll take $100 million please .....

Cribbs is an exceptional special teams player who has shown little ability outside of that role except for a few plays in the "Wildcat" offense. Does he "deserve" a raise based on his special teams prowess? Probably ..... and I wouldn't be opposed to that. Should it be what starters in the NFL get? Probably not.

I would look at what the highest paid special teams only player in the NFL makes as a comparison for Cribbs. The problem is that once he gets a boost ..... then he'll either taper off or ask for another one a few years down the road when he'll be "grossly underpaid" (It always makes me laugh when millionaires use that kind of phraseology) and he'll again want a new deal.

By the way ... what is "long term" anyway? He's already signed for this year and the next 2. How many more years do you add to his deal? At what terms?

Frankly, if I were Cribbs I'd want to play out this deal and then try to strike it rich(er) in free agency.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I say extend him, give him a bonus to shut him up, and move on. But, not until the season ends. If this was his last year of the contract, a mid season upgrade would be fine, but this early in his contract, and in the middle of a bad season, he should be made to wait until the season ends.

I love Cribbs, but this crap in the middle of the season is just BS.

#gmstrong
L
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
L
I would give Cribbs a raise but only if he accepts an extension. Even if they doubled Cribbs salary until he is singend through 2012 he would still only be making $2 million a year. Maybe give him a raise for around $2.5 million a year until 2012, then add 3 more years onto it at $3 million a year. Its not like he wouldnt desever that money either. Cribbs gets to double his current salary on his current contract plus he gets $3 million for another 3 years. Plus the cap, if they still have one, just keeps going up. This will show his teammates that if you out perform your current deal that there is a possibilty to get more money. It could give lower paid players an incentive to match Cribbs intesity and play at 120%.

The contract I mentioned wouldnt hurt the cap and it pays Cribbs the money he deserves. It also keeps the fan favorite on the team for a few more years. Continuity is not a bad thing when you have players that go all out.

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Cribbs deserves his contract PERIOD

Link Copied to Clipboard