Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
Practice Squad
OP Offline
Practice Squad
C
What do you guys think about the overall psyche of this 2009 team right now?

Are they already beaten subconsciously before they even step on the field?

I'm curious how some of the vets are approaching this season of ineptness so far.
Is Jamal Lewis just collecting a paycheck now. He won't be on this team next year.
How about a Hank Poteat....where is his incentive to play at a high level?

I'm starting to see a trend of a couple players who can't wait till Janurary rolls around.

Legend
Legend
Congratulations, you used "Hank Poteat" and "play at a high level" in the same sentence.

In all seriousness, I'm not worried about the Jamal Lewis and Hank Poteats of the world.. I'm concerned about the D'Qwell Jacksons, the Joe Thomas's that represent the few legitimate players we have that will need new contracts in the next year or two.. where are their heads right now? Are they playing out their contract waiting for a chance to sign with a winner? or do they believe we can build one here?....

yebat' Putin
L
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
L
Thats a little early to see that too. I saw that right before Butch left town and the last 6 weeks last year.

I think with a couple decent vets in FA and 11 draft picks in the draft, that will start changing in the future. As far as the players coming to the game and giving it their all regardless of the situation. Some teams can be down 20 points and are still busting their butts.

I dont see mangini as a coach that pumps up his players before a game. Players in the NFL shouldnt need to get pumped up but I dont see him as a coach that gets the blood pumping.

I did think that the Browns came to play for the most part last week. DA is a player that seems to me like he dont get motivated or bring up his teammates with motivation. Like I said earlier, in the NFL they should already have it, but they dont. QBs like Phillip Rivers is always trying to pump up his team. It rubbed some teammates the wrong way when he was youger but now that he shows he can back up his talk.

Legend
Legend
Is Jamal Lewis just collecting a paycheck now.
Jamal Lewis NEVER just mails it in.. he's a pro

He won't be on this team next year.
I don't know how you decided that. for sure, who's taking his place?

How about a Hank Poteat....where is his incentive to play at a high level?

when did Hank Poteat EVER play at a high level

I'm starting to see a trend of a couple players who can't wait till Janurary rolls around.

what players are you speaking of exactly

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Hello, Cappy! Permission to come aboard?
I think it is a team wants to succeed but some do not know how. I can say that some like Thomas, DJ, and certainly Cribbs are there, and Jamal Lewis is a pro; I never wonder if they are prepared. The bulk of the rest are unskilled or unseasoned; even with fine coaching some will be just average at best. But for many of the, I think they need to learn or find more mental toughness. Dig deeper, go harder, never quit before the other guy. We do not have the flat out most teams have from many players. Much of blocking and tackling is WANTING to; it is that lack of heart in a few individuals causing more damage in some of the skilled positions. Heart! Tons and tons of it. And many of ours are NOT demanding their best of themselves. Pretty evident in BE for example.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Legend
Legend
If Joe Thomas and DQ don't want to play for the Browns we are screwed and I will trully believe Cleveland is cursed.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

what players are you speaking of exactly

Yeah, really....got anything to back that up?

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Thoughts on the Browns psyche.

Link Copied to Clipboard