Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#440329 11/29/09 01:47 AM
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Anyone an owner?

My wife mentioned a couple months back that she kind of wanted a DS to play some games like Brain Age. She isn't a gamer at all, so it kind of surprised me.

It just so happened that for the holidays, Nintendo came out with a bundle package for the DS where you could buy the DSi with either a Brain Age or a Mario bundle built into the system for the same price as the base system. Supplies are limited, though.

Unfortunately I didn't get any Friday because I wasn't going out at the crack of dawn for it. They had them at Target and Best Buy plus a $20 gift card, which was a hell of a deal. I did find it online (minus the gift card) at Gamestop.com.

My question is, what games are out there for women she may like? I looked around and have a few ideas. She'll play an occasional game on Facebook, but I haven't figured out what to buy her yet. She used to play like FarmTown on there, but got bored with it, then moved to some restaurant game, but hasn't played much anymore either. So I saw some gardening game, thought about that one.

Anybody's wife or girlfriend's play anything?

[Linked Image from pic18.picturetrail.com]
"The Browns' defense is kicking mucho dupa."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
If she likes music games,
Rhythm Heaven is pretty cool.

If she lieks puzzle games,. Scribblenauts is pretty cool

I've never played either of those games but my gf loves them. My mom apparently now plays Farm Town and all those Facebook games and she's never played a video game in her life. You gave me a good idea with the DSi as a Christmas Present.

[Linked Image from i190.photobucket.com]
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Cool, lemme know if you buy one.

Actually I was looking at that Scribblenauts. They had a deal with buy one get one half off, and that was one of the choices. Was trying to figure out which would be better to go with it. They had some fashion game where you own a store and hook people up with clothes (she likes to shop), or a gardening game. Wondering if it was like Farmtown.

J
All Pro
All Pro
J
My wife has one and likes those Professor games.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
So, you're saying there are "girl" games????

I play my DS nightly...and I play a variety of things. We have something like 40 games...all of different platforms.

CrossworDS and Clubhouse Games are the two I play most often. Had them both for quite some time and they are good, relaxing games to go back to. I've been racing on Mario Kart DS lately, too.

Professor Layton is good if she likes logic problems mixed with puzzles. Animal Crossing for a game that never dies. Peggle is a good one, too. I have the Gardening Mama game, and I'm not impressed, but lots of people like it.

But, seriously, asking what games women will like is kind of a silly question. Maybe she would prefer shoot-em-up games to puzzles and relaxing stuff...who knows? We're all different you know.

#gmstrong #gmlapdance
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Well like I said, she never played video games at all before. She was doing a few games on Facebook for a short time.

I'm just thinking Gardening Mama and Cooking Mama are going to attract women rather than men. Trust me, she's not gonna be playing Call of Duty anytime soon.

I ended up buying 2 games from Best Buy. Didn't end up getting the Gardening Mama, couple reviews said it got old fast, and you didn't seem to like it either. I got her some Style Savvy game where you own a store and pick clothes out for people since she enjoys shopping. I also got her that new Scribblenauts that got good reviews. A puzzle type game that you can basically do whatever you want. Sounded kind of interesting.

For example, one level may say you need to catch a butterfly. You can type 'net' and catch it, or you can type out something like vulture and see how the butterfly reacts to it. Sounded pretty unique, so I ordered it online at Best Buy. Had a buy one, get one half off sale on certain games this week.

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Fantasy & Gaming Nintendo DSi game question

Link Copied to Clipboard