Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Seriously? When in the hell are they gonna learn? Set a damn example for these idiots and don't give them the honor to play in the NFL. I they all believe in giving guys second, third and fourth chances in Criminatti.

They are also working out Pacman...... make it rain, Cincy! Make it rain!

Matt Jones picks the Bengals
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on February 12, 2010 12:01 PM ET
Mike Brown and Marvin Lewis have picked up another reclamation project.

Matt Jones will join the Bengals, according to ESPN's Chris Mortensen. Unlike a potential Pacman Jones signing, this looks like a smart bet for the Bengals.

Jones is not a great big play threat, but we think he's got somewhat of a bad rap as a player. He occasionally took over games in 2008 with the Jaguars and is a difficult guy to defend on third downs and the red zone.

The Bengals wideout group was lacking size and speed last year. Jones gives them some size at a very cheap price. He knows this could be his last chance in the NFL.

If Jones doesn't impress this summer, the Bengals could drop him with nothing less. We think it's more likely that he allows them to cut Laveranues Coles and save some money.

Another player added in Criminatti

[Linked Image from pic18.picturetrail.com]
"The Browns' defense is kicking mucho dupa."
S
Legend
Legend
S
golden.

who's next, pacman jones, dante stallworth, and leonard little?

Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Actually, the Bungles were interested in Stallworth, but stopped pursuing once they signed Matt Jones.

Seriously, it's pathetic. Matt Jones, Pacman Jones and Donte Stallworth..... wow.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I thought they were talking with T.O as well, No?

Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
I don't know if they were talking to him, but Ochostinko was lobbying for him.

C
2nd String
2nd String
C
Well, I guess when you leading WR has a whopping 34 catches in a 16 game NFL season, you really have a lot of room to be critical of others teams off season moves....

Hush hush, sweet Clownie...

"Behold! The only thing greater than yourself!"
N
Legend
Legend
N
will matt jones have more catches next year or games suspended because of substance abuse?

#gmstrong
C
2nd String
2nd String
C
Bigger question, will the Clowns have anyone on their team that resembles a comptetent NFL WR? Question 2: Do you know who JP Foschi is? He an also ran TE who caught 27 passes for Cincy last year..He'd be like the 3rd leading receiver for that sorry thing you that some of you up there might want to refer to as a passing game.

N
Legend
Legend
N
and that 'passing game' you referred to helped you guys so much this year.

you do realize that you have won less playoff games than the Browns in the past 20 years still....despite our team being hijacked for 3 years and coming back as an expansion team.

and that our owner is at least trying to right the ship by hiring competent football people to be in charge (Holmgren, Haskell, Heckert).

who is the GM of the Bengals? oh right, Mike Brown. good luck with that.

#gmstrong
I
2nd String
2nd String
I
Not to mention that it has been 20 years, 1 month, and 12 days since the Bungles last won a playoff game. Heck, the Lions have won one more recently....in fact every NFL team (minus the Texans) has. Poor Bungle fans

1st String
1st String
I feel a we been to 2 nfl superbowl bowl spewes coming from one of the three stooges here....

same stuff different day

useless to even argue with loonicy

I am the artist that was known as Dawgmanincincy
C
2nd String
2nd String
C
You mean like the "you haven't won playoff game" babble that you see here in woof world? Please dont make yourself look foolish by remotely acting like that line of posting is in any way, original..Bengals won the division, swept all 6 games within it and went to playoffs..

The Clowns did....???????????

Okay, someone help me here cuz I'm not finding anything..

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Quote:

You mean like the "you haven't won playoff game" babble that you see here in woof world? Please dont make yourself look foolish by remotely acting like that line of posting is in any way, original..Bengals won the division, swept all 6 games within it and went to playoffs..

The Clowns did....???????????

Okay, someone help me here cuz I'm not finding anything..

Congrats on the moral victory, your team and city seems to value them over actual championships.

you had a good run Hank.
1st String
1st String
hold on to that moral victory in 2009..... enjoy another 20 years of nothing at all...... thats pretty much all that team has to show for it.....

nice comeback again you three stooges failed

C
2nd String
2nd String
C
And what is the most noteworthy thing that the Clowns have done in the past 20 years?? 30 years?? 40 years???

The only thing I can think of is up and leaving town because their owner was too cheap to do what it took to keep them. Yeah that's something other NFL franchises should aspire to do huh?

So I guess maybe we should focus on the present..The Clowns have done?? Okay, they're about to resign Cribbs..That's about it..Your team is full of question marks at almost every position on the field. Had a receiver like Matt Jones been on your team, he would have probably been the best one on it..

So you see, this whole thing is a nothing but a low risk, high reward scenario for the Bengals..And as for Holmgren bringing in a new regime, I'll believe it when I see results on the field. As long as you have Mr. "Which way did dey go George?" look on his face, Mangini running the team, I can't believe I'll see much improvement...You finished with one of the worst records, and some of the most horrible statistics in the league and you managed to do that with a last place schedule...

The Lords of Clowntown get the chance in 2010 to face the same thing again and frankly if you get six wins, you all will be sitting here basting in your own moral victories..I just look forward to the Bengals once again coming into that horrid stadium and curb stomping the Clowns once again..

Who knows maybe Matt Jones will be the guy who burns you deep a couple of times?? Would'nt that just "spoil your milk" if he did?..

Last edited by CurlyD; 02/21/10 05:16 AM.

Legend
Legend
Speaking of cheap owners Curly Do the Bengals have more than 2 scouts yet?

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
1st String
1st String
or a gneral manager for that matter....

WE get it wrong we bring in someone or something that tries to work... this cost us ok your fired we bring in others..

you keep the same regime and add criminals or resign them or bring in cancers

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

their owner was too cheap

Wow!!!! That really takes some nerve to call an owner cheap.That's one thing that the Bungles are number one at year after year....Having the tightest owner in the NFL.Even your so called fan base says that.

C
2nd String
2nd String
C
Seems, I've struck a bit of a nerve here..Everyone who knows the NFL is award Mike Brown is a cheap skate..Only thing is when it came time to pony up for the new stadium or have the team leave, the city of Cleveland gambled and lost..Mike Brown was also the only owner who voted against the current CBA which he said would be a bad deal in the future for the NFL. Guess what, now we're looking at uncapped years and a potential lock out..Cheap? Yes! Stupid? Far from it.

Someone please show me where Matt Jones has done any jail time? He had an addiction, but heck many players have had them and gotten resigned to teams...Cancers? Who was a cancer in Cincy last year? I do know for a fact that your big boy in the middle Rogers, was being a bit of one for you guys and lets not get into Jamaal Lewis throwing your team under the bus...Point being, people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones should they?

Steeler
Steeler
Quote:

As long as you have Mr. "Which way did dey go George?" look on his face, Mangini running the team

I gotta hand it to you Curly, THAT was funny!

I
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I
Quote:

Bengals won the division, swept all 6 games within it and went to playoffs..

... and then got the brakes beat off of them by a rookie QB who beat them twice in the same week adding more fuel to the " Bungle" charge . The only thing more of a joke than the Bengals are their fans.

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk The Smack Shack Bungles bring in Matt Jones to keep Maualuga company

Link Copied to Clipboard