Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
This kid is the only QB I like in this draft.

Bradford's weight could have him flying up the boards

As first reported by former NFL scout Daniel Jeremiah of Move The Sticks, Oklahoma quarterback Sam Bradford posted a weight of 236 pounds at his Friday morning Combine weigh-in. For those NFL personnel people who were on the fence about Bradford because of his formerly 223-pound frame, wondering if he could take repeated hits in the pocket at that size, a more muscled Bradford could shake up the top of the draft board.

What is not in question is Bradford's accuracy and ability to get the ball to all field levels. Playing behind the best offensive line in the college game in 2008, Bradford played pitch-and-catch to the tune of 4,720 yards and 50 touchdowns. After shoulder injuries shut down his 2009 season and he declared for the draft, Bradford has obviously been eating his Wheaties. The question now is whether the extra weight will affect his throwing motion and mechanics in any way -- word is the new weight is solid muscle, which speaks to his work ethic.

Though defensive tackles Gerald McCoy and Ndamukong Suh are widely regarded as the best players in this draft, the St. Louis Rams have a desperate need at quarterback and the first overall pick. If Bradford aces the interviews here in Indianapolis, and is able to throw well at his personal workout on March 25, he may have the Rams putting the pieces together and making him the first overall pick. And if that happens, McCoy and Suh could go to the very happy Detroit Lions and Tampa Bay Buccaneers, two teams in desperate need of interior line reinforcement.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdow...p-the-b?urn=nfl,224453

C
Legend
Legend
C

B
Legend
Legend
B
Not to put him down in any way, but it isn't hard for most people to put on weight.

If it's good weight, great job.

If it's Baskin Robbins chocolate chip shake weight...well, not so good.

I can see losing 10 lbs over a few months as a better indication over someone who gains.

You just don't gain positive weight quickly unless you are on juice.
JMO.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Brian Orakpo gained over 50 lbs of muscle at Texas and he hasn't tested postive for steroids.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:

Brian Orakpo gained over 50 lbs of muscle at Texas and he hasn't tested postive for steroids.

LOl....ok....think what you want.

I am just telling you gaining weight is easier than losing weight.

Did you measure Brian's thighs or something???

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Don't hate, 'Peen... just because he's not on the Lord's speed dial.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
He has been working on gaining weight since he was put on the bench.

All reports say he was muscular.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:

He has been working on gaining weight since he was put on the bench.

All reports say he was muscular.

Like I said in my first post, if it's good weight, good job.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:

Don't hate, 'Peen... just because he's not on the Lord's speed dial.

Why would you say or think that??

I simply made a comment some feel the need to read more in to than deserved.

Bradford has been out for a while now....several months, so all of this weight isn't something he has put on in a few weeks.....could be several months of rehab....so again, if it is good weight, good job.

If his shoulder checks out, I wouldn't mind taking him in round 1 because if he is healthy, I think the guy can have a pretty solid NFL career.

Lord knows we don't have a qb on this team, so we better try to figure out where we are going to find one.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
Quote:

Lord knows we don't have a qb on this team, so we better try to figure out where we are going to find one.

I agree 100% however.......we really need to find it without using our first round pick on it. I know we have new leadership whose drafting ability I am confident it, I just think that unless MH really think Bradford is his guy than we the FA or even a trade route for a young guy to develop. You need a good QB to compete for division titles and more but right now we just need to compete. We will get more mileage out of a 1st round pick on the defensive side of the ball but I have a sneaky suspicion we are going offense.

DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season NFL Draft (2013) Star QB's weight may shake up NFL draft

Link Copied to Clipboard