Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Quote:

He will be a Super Bowl MVP.....there is no doubt in my mind.

It would be kind of hard for a FB to win it but hey it's Tim Tebow!

B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:

Quinn is quite a specimen himself..

He is....but frankly, he's a pretty boy puss.

Just being honest.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

.the last I felt this way about were Hercial Walker and Emmet Smith

I too felt that way when I watched those two in college and certainly many others did as well. It's notable that Herschel and Emmitt's talents translated directly and obviously to NFL skill sets.

I won't be yelling "OH NO" if we draft Tim. It's just the when / where. What I do believe that is that if the FO makes that decision then there is some semblance of a sensible plan. Holmgren is dead on about changing mechanics imo. Urban Meyer did alright with what Tebow brought to Florida.

I seem to remember a certain legendary Browns QB whose mechanics were not typical to the NFL. What with his awkward looking gait and sidearm throws. Otto Graham was a wingback at Northwestern and he did alright too (yeah I know...historical context).

Either way I am looking forward to the draft. Plenty of picks in what appears to be a deep one.

Quinn's no puss. He might have a mirror fetish though.

Legend
Legend
Happy Birthday Peen

As for comparing Quinn and Tebow,, there really isn't any comparison.

Quinn was ok in College, Tebow appears to be one of the, if not the Best college QB ever...

How they will compare in the NFL,,,,, Tebow doesn't have to be too good to be better than Quinn..

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
notice Peen did not say anything about another QB, but RB's...

Everyone knew Hershel Walker would be the ish.... and Most knew that Emmitt Smith would be very good in the league as well.. They both had great collegiate careers..

The QB position is different though.

My problem with Tebow is this... When the pressure gets to him, is he thinking pass first, or run first? If it's run.. He's gonna have a rather short NFL Career.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:

notice Peen did not say anything about another QB, but RB's...

Everyone knew Hershel Walker would be the ish.... and Most knew that Emmitt Smith would be very good in the league as well.. They both had great collegiate careers..

The QB position is different though.

My problem with Tebow is this... When the pressure gets to him, is he thinking pass first, or run first? If it's run.. He's gonna have a rather short NFL Career.

I don't want to stay in this thread very long because I know it irritates some people, but I keep hearing how the guy will get killed if he runs the ball.

Most QBs in the NFL don't get hurt outside the pocket. They get hurt inside the 'friendly" confines of the pocket.

You also have to consider the guy is bigger than any back we have on the team...when running he dishes out as many licks as he takes. You might need to start worrying about smaller backers and DBs getting hurt.

This isn't some qb who is just built from the waist up...the guy has some tree trunks for legs.

That doesn't mean the guy can't be hurt just like anyone else isn't exempt from the possibility, but we aren't talking some ragdoll qb who easily gets slammed to the ground. He's bigger than Josh Cribbs. People aren't overly concerned when he takes off running out of the shotgun.

He knows how to curl up and deliver a blow of his own.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
thats not the only part though...

if its 3rd and 7, and Tebow runs for the first.. theres a good chance b/c of his run first mentality, he will get caught short of the first down... instead of looking for an open WR, he's looking for an open lane to run..

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
I would hope Tebow is bigger than any running back we have. I'd be kind of concerned if we had a 6'4" 240lb RB. Peyton Manning and Tom Brady are bigger than any running backs we have, too...

And as you pointed out, QBs get injured all the time, and a factor in that is that they're not as big as the LBers and DEs that are rushing them. Not even Timmy.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:

I would hope Tebow is bigger than any running back we have. I'd be kind of concerned if we had a 6'4" 240lb RB. Peyton Manning and Tom Brady are bigger than any running backs we have, too...

And as you pointed out, QBs get injured all the time, and a factor in that is that they're not as big as the LBers and DEs that are rushing them. Not even Timmy.

LOL....fair point, but I think you know what I was talking about.

Turk...I don't think he has a run first mentality, but I agree he does have a running mentality. I don't think it is something that can't be changed a bit.

Anyway, good talking to you guys about it.

This seems like a good stopping point.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season NFL Draft (2013) Holmgren: Tough to fix Tebow's mechanics

Link Copied to Clipboard