Print Thread
#479928 03/31/10 09:07 AM
W
wavs2u Offline OP
2nd String
OP Offline
2nd String
W
Not sure if this should be here or Tailgate, but my question is this "Does anyone have plans of a Draft-Days Party" this year. Friday and Saturday would be ideal for our picks. IMHO Go Brownies!!!!

Who Let Da Dawgs Out? Woof, Woof, Woof!!!!!
B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
I'm definitely having my friends who follow the draft over. We will have beer and wings. Won't be much of a party though w/ the 11 month old twins sleeping directly over our heads. Sssshhhhhhhhhhhh . . . .

Of course if any Browns move makes me as happy as the Joe Thomas pick, the twins may be waking up . . .

1st String
1st String
Last year I had a bunch of Bay Area Browns Backers over. We were going nuts as the Browns kept trading back in the first round. I made chili and the beer flowed like...well...beer.

This year, the pub where we watch Browns games may hold a draft day party on Thursday the 22nd. A couple of us are going there tonight to check on their plans. The BABB are having our annual banquet on Saturday, 4/24 featuring Alex Mack as special guest. Are we going to have a ton of stuff to talk about...or what?

[color:"red"]"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication."
---Leonardo daVinci
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
I'm having a few friends (Raiders, Steelers, Cowboys, Vikings fans) over for Thursday - pizza, wings, beer, and the draft - sounds like a perfect evening. If any of you are in Portland that day, feel free to come over - that includes you PortlandDawg. PM me for details.

Legend
Legend
Since I'll be working the following morning, I doubt I'd even have one beer. I'll probably just sit in front of my iMac at home and post 57 times on this board (with the draft on in the background). I'll have dinner but nothing fancy.

So I guess it's like a draft party....but without the people and the party.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Legend
Legend
Quote:

I'm having a few friends (Raiders, Steelers, Cowboys, Vikings fans) over for Thursday - pizza, wings, beer, and the draft - sounds like a perfect evening. If any of you are in Portland that day, feel free to come over - that includes you PortlandDawg. PM me for details.

Hard to believe it'll be a perfect evening if you have to spend it with a Steelers fan.

I'll be glued to the TV with my laptop in front of me so I can listen to people complain/praise our picks and laugh when Al Davis makes his picks.

I am unfamiliar with this feeling of optimism
Legend
Legend
With the draft being broken up over several days,, I doubt I go anywhere but my living room..

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I hear you there.....its next to impossible to plan a whole draft party....thanks Commish

#brownsgoodkarma
Legend
Legend
I am actually... going. To the draft.

Hopefully they'll pick a little better than when I went in 2006!

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
if they dont draft berry or hayden make sure you start a riot haha

#brownsgoodkarma
Legend
Legend
I have to update my Browns wardrobe...

I have a Braylon Edwards jersey and a KWII t-shirt (both gifts) and a vintage Browns T-shirt circa 1985 that kind of smells like mold.

I'd like to get a Wright, Cribbs, and/or Thomas replica in time for the draft.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

if they dont draft berry or hayden make sure you start a riot haha

Last time the browns fans i found were yelling to pick Gabe Watson in the 3rd and they took Travis Wilson. I spent the next hour or so muttering "Travis freakin' Wilson" and haven't been able to say his name without thinking "freakin'" since.

I wasn't a big fan of the Wimbley pick either. But then, I also didn't want Ngata.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
really reminds me of my draft party when we selected Brodney Pool my drunken brother out of know where screams out "who the *DJ Scratch* is Brodney Pool"

ever since be it at a home game or watching away games at home I remind him everytime he makes a play......its one of those had of been there moments to really enjoy it the way I and my friends did at the time

Last edited by Tubby_Dawg; 03/31/10 02:00 PM.

#brownsgoodkarma
A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
Quote:

I wasn't a big fan of the Wimbley pick either. But then, I also didn't want Ngata.

Who did you want that year, do you remember? I wanted Ngata so bad, Almost as bad as I wanted Joe Thomas in '07.

"The medium for the bad news was ESPN, which figured. The network represents much of what is loud, obnoxious and empty in sports today."
Legend
Legend
It is impossible to plan a draft party.. unless you do it like marti gra.. make it last a week

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Who did you want that year, do you remember?

I was hoping our draft would go like:

1) Manny Lawson / Bobby Carpenter, Wimbley as last resort
2) Gabe Watson
3) Andrew Whitworth (I pimped him pretty hard...)
4a) Elvis Dumervil
4b) Rob Sims

I NEVER thought we'd be able to get Harrison in the 5th. I think he was generally projected 3rd-rounder that year. Was very happy about that.

I was worried about Ngata playing lazy, and I still maintain he would not be as good had we drafted him because we had no leadership on our 'D' to keep him motivated. I posted a preference list of NTs on this board that year and had Watson (as 2nd round pick) at 1, a guy from Utah as option 2 (with a 5th-round grade because of the value -- think he's out of football now) and Ngata at 3 (just because we'd have to use the #11 on him and I thought we absolutely needed pass-rush ahead of anything else in the draft.) I also posted that we shouldn't draft Oshinowo under any circumstances after I saw him being handled at his position of NT by Notre Dame's FB. I said he is not an NFL player.

Legend
Legend
I remember wanting Ngata, but I also remember Broderick Bunkley's name being thrown around.

I am unfamiliar with this feeling of optimism
Legend
Legend
I will probably just follow the draft from home.

No sense going to a bar when I can't drink ...... and it's too hard on my back to drive to Cleveland if they have a draft day party .....

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season NFL Draft (2013) Draft day Parties

Link Copied to Clipboard