Next Thread
Print Thread
C
cle23 Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
C
Ok, I posted a thread a few weeks ago about help looking for a job. Well, yesterday I applied for a job at a company in Columbus through a program here at school that searches for job openings. I was called back a little while ago and they want to do a phone interview with me. Now, I would love to check up on this company and learn a bit about them, but I can't find anything online.

The company is called Worldwide Marketing Inc. I have their website and it tells a little about them, but not too much. I just thought maybe some people on here had heard of them and what not. Thanks.

A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
I have learned to be leary of companies in which their websites are especially cryptic. Sounds to me like a door to door cold calling sales commission only job.

"The medium for the bad news was ESPN, which figured. The network represents much of what is loud, obnoxious and empty in sports today."
C
cle23 Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
C
Quote:

I have learned to be leary of companies in which their websites are especially cryptic. Sounds to me like a door to door cold calling sales commission only job.

Well, I found their website now, and it offers a little more details into the company. They are basically an outsource sales company. Other companies hire them to help sell their product. They offer a paid management training program, which is what I applied for, and supposedly offer performance based promotions.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Quote:

Quote:

Well, I found their website now, and it offers a little more details into the company. They are basically an outsource sales company. Other companies hire them to help sell their product. They offer a paid management training program, which is what I applied for, and supposedly offer performance based promotions.

My honest thoughts? You'll be sitting at a desk, with a computer dialing numbers and when someone answers you'll go through the spiel. Won't be tough cause you'll have the script right in front of you - just read. If you make it long enough, you'll be a manager.

I don't know anything about the company, and maybe I'm wrong. But my money is on my guess.

Still, it's a job.

C
cle23 Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
C
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

My honest thoughts? You'll be sitting at a desk, with a computer dialing numbers and when someone answers you'll go through the spiel. Won't be tough cause you'll have the script right in front of you - just read. If you make it long enough, you'll be a manager.

I don't know anything about the company, and maybe I'm wrong. But my money is on my guess.

Still, it's a job.

Yeah, I wouldn't be thrilled by that, but if that is what I have to do straight out of college, then so be it.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Quote:

Ok, I posted a thread a few weeks ago about help looking for a job. Well, yesterday I applied for a job at a company in Columbus through a program here at school that searches for job openings. I was called back a little while ago and they want to do a phone interview with me. Now, I would love to check up on this company and learn a bit about them, but I can't find anything online.

The company is called Worldwide Marketing Inc. I have their website and it tells a little about them, but not too much. I just thought maybe some people on here had heard of them and what not. Thanks.

I've recently been looking for jobs lately and I've been through quite a lot of foxhunts. The big online sites such as career builder and others can be quite bad because recruiters can get your resume for a job you didn't even apply for. Most of the time I try to avoid recruiters because if they don't have a position ready, IMO it's a complete waste of time to get a drug test and fill out a lengthy application for them.

So far in my brief experience craigslist has been good to me. But the number one resource you can always have is people connections, something that can be hard if you're not very experienced. Another thing I do just out of my own curiousity, I always check to see if the company is a member of the BBB; if they are it's great and a promising sign, if not, then not a big deal either.

Good luck in your job hunt, hope you find what you're looking for.

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
Legend
Legend
Quote:

The big online sites such as career builder and others can be quite bad because recruiters can get your resume for a job you didn't even apply for.

Careerbuilder, Careerboard, Monster, Hotjobs, Dice etc etc.. all have the same basic set of processes.

you can do 1 of 2 things or both.. You can post your resume where everyone can see it. You can also use them to search for jobs without posting your resume.

if you post your resume, you will get a ton of dumb offers. Rarely does anyone ask you to take a drug test until they have interest in you.. and you still can say no to it if you don't want the job.

Not sure what experience you have had but what you describe doesn't need to happen that way.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
You're probably right, I did indeed post my resume on the website for all to see, something I regret doing. Who knows, if I were to do it again, I might do it a little diffferently.

Probably the strangest offer I got from there was a job offer I received recently. It was letting me know that my sales and customer service skills matched a certain position paying 8.00 dollars an hour at an upstart company somehwere in Green Bay. I certainly wouldn't move out of the state for that kind of pay.

Last edited by tastybrownies; 04/07/10 02:46 PM.

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
C
cle23 Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
C
Well, had my interview today, and now have another next Friday. It will be an all day interview with me shadowing a current employee for most of the day, just seeing what an normal day consists of. They basically pay you to go through their training program, then once you are through that, your pay is mostly commission based with benefits. I am liking what I am hearing so far from this company, and hopefully everything goes well next week.

A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
I have been on one of those interviews before. Hopefully yours goes better than the scam I went one where they wanted to sit in a car and drive around with this guy all day. I was not notified that this was part of the process, I had him take me promptly to the nearest metro.

"The medium for the bad news was ESPN, which figured. The network represents much of what is loud, obnoxious and empty in sports today."
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Columbus natives, need your help

Link Copied to Clipboard