1st String
OP Offline
1st String
H
per peter King.
SI

Quote:

2. I think the Eagles want to come up.
Let me rephrase that -- I know they want to come up. The Eagles are in a very small club, teams that want to jump up from low in the first round to the upper half. I believe Philly wants one of the two safeties in the draft -- Eric Berry of Tennessee or Earl Thomas of Texas. With the 24th, 35th, 55th and 70th picks, the Eagles absolutely have the ammo to move up.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/wr...p#ixzz0lHWL5vaH
Get a free NFL Team Jacket and Tee with SI Subscription

lets assume Bradford is gone to the Rams and you really want McCoy or Tebow. To get either one you will probably have to trade back up into the first round to get them.

I think that If Eagles really wanted to come up and Get Berry I would trade back from Pick 7 for 24,34, and 55.

It would allow us to get the QB we wanted and 6 other picks in the Top 100 to fill holes. I think that I would do this in a heart beat.

Just something to think about.

All Pro
All Pro
I'd take that offer. Puts you in a position to trade back into the 2nd or even back into the 1st again as well. Lots of great prospects all through there.

A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams.

John Barrymore
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I don't want to go back that far. I want to be at 20 at the absolute lowest.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Not saying Philly doesn't "want" to move up, but let's be real here. They just gutted a lot of veterans and it has left them with many holes to fill. Ridding yourself of those picks would be like shooting yourself in the foot IMO.

To me, it looks like Philly is in re-build mode and need those picks to work with answerring a lot of questions.

They're pretty much in the same boat as we are in the needs department at this point. Which is why I don't see us or them trying to do a major move up in the first.

JMHO

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
H
1st String
OP Offline
1st String
H
Pit,

is it likely to happen.Probably not.

If I were Philly I would try and move up into the 10 to 14 range. Not all the way up to 7, but it is something to think about.

Honestly the more it think about it. I would trade 7 for 24, 35, and 70.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Right. If we had picks 24, 34, 38, 55, 71, 85, and 92 in the first three rounds we could trade back into any spot we wanted.

For the record, I don't think there is any way the Eagles would give up both of their 2nd rounders in any deal. I think 24, 34, and 87 would be a more likely package.

Also, if Holmgren really loves McCoy or Tebow we could probably get one of them at pick 24.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
We could trade back up, but that rarely happens. Only time I can think of off the top of my head is the Ravens for Flacco. I want to be ahead of the Bengals and Patriots.

C
Legend
Legend
C
It rarely happens, but it does happened. With all the trading we've seen I wouldn't be surprised.

Legend
Legend
If Berry's there I'm not trading out for anything short of SF's 13 and 17.

I would probably take that trade if they wanted to move up for Thomas and Okung and T. Williams are already off the board... but I'm with DT. I don't really want to move back that far. Too much talent in the top-16.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Too much talent in the top 16? This is the deepest draft in the last 10 years! More pick = More quality players.

I do agree with you. If Berry is there we should probably take him. But if some team gives us a Godfather offer for that pick I would take it.

T
Legend
Legend
T
Quote:

lets assume Bradford is gone to the Rams and you really want McCoy or Tebow. To get either one you will probably have to trade back up into the first round to get them.

I think that If Eagles really wanted to come up and Get Berry I would trade back from Pick 7 for 24,34, and 55.

It would allow us to get the QB we wanted and 6 other picks in the Top 100 to fill holes. I think that I would do this in a heart beat.

Bradford goes #1, Claussen goes #5 Tebow goes #16 and McCoy goes #21 and you sit with your trade down at 24 and no sure QB available.

You assume Bradford is gone to the Rams and you really want McCoy or Tebow! Yet you won't think somoene will jump ahead of you and take them before 24.
With your assumption, you hope one of those two players are their at #7 overall and you take him.

With the 24th pick the Browns take Sergio Kindle, we got hosed!

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
Legend
Yeah if we get Sergio Kindle in the first round we blew it. I don't care how many 2nds and 3rds we get.

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Quote:

We could trade back up, but that rarely happens. Only time I can think of off the top of my head is the Ravens for Flacco. I want to be ahead of the Bengals and Patriots.

Odrick?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Odrick for the Pats, Thomas for the Bengals.

A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
I have zero issue with trading back and landing Odrick. Outside of Berry or Top QB I want Dline help/youth/depth.

"The medium for the bad news was ESPN, which figured. The network represents much of what is loud, obnoxious and empty in sports today."
L
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
L
Lets not forget that if the Eagles are looking to trade up that far to take Berry, they could jump the Browns and trade with Seattle and more likely KC. I think KC wants to trade down and I wouldnt put it past Pioli to get more draft picks in this draft. KC could trade down and still get some good o-lineman and safeties.

Do you guys really think the Browns would want to take Tebow with the 24th pick? I really dont see him going in the first round.

I really dont see the Eagles trying to trade up that far to get Berry, but even when the Eagles are rebuilding, they are still a team trying to get into the playoffs. Even with them getting younger, they feel Kolb can step in and win right away or they would have never traded McNabb to a division rival; Gocong was coming off the bench anyways; so was Sheldon Brown who was replaced towards the end of the season; with Westbrooks injury history they already drafted his replacement last year; and they felt Shaun Andrews was too much of a liability with his history of injuries and depression. Where it looks like the Eagles are rebuilding, I think they feel they are reloading. The aging vets that they traded away didnt play much of last season anyways and with the money they saved by letting them go, they certainly can afford a top 10 pick. Like I said before, they already have replacements in place for the vets they let go. If the Eagles feel they are a player away from being a top contendor, then its very possible they try to get a playmaker like Berry. They would still be able to fill their needs at o-line and to make their d-line younger in a draft thats loaded at both positions. The Eagles might also make a trade to KC and trade away picks next year.

It would be easier for them to trade up and get Earl Thomas but Im not as high on him as others. Yeah Thomas is a ballhawk in the passing game but I question his ability to help in the running game and thats a division that has some good runners from top to bottom.

The Eagles top brass probably knows Heckert more than Holmgren does so they might have a pretty good idea on what kind of players hes looking for. I wouldnt put it past them to jump an old colleague and take a player like Berry who some have been saying is the top player in this draft.

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Yeah, but my hunch is Thomas is gone earlier than that. I'm hoping that if Berry is gone, that we're able to trade down to 12-15 or so and pick up Thomas, then trade next years #1 or package a couple picks to move ahead of NE to pick Odrick. My preference would be to use next years #1 for the move, so we keep our 2nd this year.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

Gocong was coming off the bench anyways; so was Sheldon Brown who was replaced towards the end of the season

Oh really? I only saw one game he wasn't in and that was week 17. He even played in the post season for the Eagles. Where he actually had six solo tackles against the Boys.

Just sayin'

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
For me to trade with Philly and drop all the way down to #24, I would want #24, #35, #70 or #85 AND next years number 1.

We now have 2 1st round picks in next year's draft Given Heckert's history I would bet we trade a few of these picks for picks in next year's draft as well. Now we have the ammo to move up and pretty much get any QB that we want in next year's draft instead of settling for a guuy we aren't sold on in this draft.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Quote:

Heck, I'd do it for 24 and 34. -I'm not sure Philly would though. The Eagles are in a weird situation. - Do they feel that their window of opportunity is closing, or is another window opening with Kolb at the helm.

- Either way, I don't see this happening for a safety. - If we're talking about a QB, or a WR in the mode of Calvin Johnson, then I could see Philly making a move.

They would be better off taking the two best safeties available with their first, and second round picks, rather than mortgaging the farm for Berry or Thomas.

L
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
L
Quote:

Quote:

Gocong was coming off the bench anyways; so was Sheldon Brown who was replaced towards the end of the season

Oh really? I only saw one game he wasn't in and that was week 17. He even played in the post season for the Eagles. Where he actually had six solo tackles against the Boys.

Just sayin'

Which player are you talking about? Im going off of what I read. I thought I read that Gocong didnt play much because he didnt fit into the 4-3 and Brown was replaced towards the end of the season. Your probably right but the point I was trying to make is that the Eagles might be in more of reloading mode than rebuilding because they already have players on their roster that have filled the shoes of the departed vets and they dont need to use draft picks to replace all, if any, of them.

D
2nd String
2nd String
D
Quote:

Quote:

Heck, I'd do it for 24 and 34. -I'm not sure Philly would though. The Eagles are in a weird situation. - Do they feel that their window of opportunity is closing, or is another window opening with Kolb at the helm.

- Either way, I don't see this happening for a safety. - If we're talking about a QB, or a WR in the mode of Calvin Johnson, then I could see Philly making a move.

They would be better off taking the two best safeties available with their first, and second round picks, rather than mortgaging the farm for Berry or Thomas.

Absolutely. I would too. I would definitely trade #7 for #24 and a 2nd round pick.

Keep in mind a couple things. With how people have talked about this draft, it is feasible that if you draft well a 2nd round pick equals a good NFL starter. So, provided that we draft well, we have 2 starters instead of 1.

And secondly, we save $$$$$$. Personally, it is a no brainer.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I'd only take it if we get their first next year in that deal.

[Linked Image from pic18.picturetrail.com]
"The Browns' defense is kicking mucho dupa."
B
Legend
Legend
B
I doubt we could get that much

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Using the draft value chart, we're at 1500 with #7.

They have:

740 - #24 overall
570 - #37 overall (round 2 #5 trade from Washington)
240 - #70 overall (round 3 #6 trade from Seattle)
--------

With us already sitting at #38 and #71 overall, we'd have back to back picks in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

#GMSTRONG
B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:

Using the draft value chart, we're at 1500 with #7.

They have:

740 - #24 overall
570 - #37 overall (round 2 #5 trade from Washington)
240 - #70 overall (round 3 #6 trade from Seattle)
--------

With us already sitting at #38 and #71 overall, we'd have back to back picks in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

I was responding to being able to get Philly's 1st next year as well.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Sorry should have put J/C as I was just putting out an overall thought, not really responding to your reply about the 1st next year.

#GMSTRONG
B
Legend
Legend
B
Cool......

I wouldn't mind trading down.

Based on the chart points, we might get a pick next year....say a 3rd.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
C
Legend
Legend
C
Isn't the draft value inaccurate? That thing was created in the early 90's wasn't it?

DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season NFL Draft (2013) Philly Might want to trade up.

Link Copied to Clipboard