Print Thread
L
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
L
Brandon Crawford, 33, Hopes to Be Oldest Player Ever Drafted
4/19/2010 10:00 AM ET By Ryan Wilson

The NFL Draft is three days off and if former Ball St. defensive end Brandon Crawford hears his named called he'll be the oldest player ever drafted. The 33-year-old received All-Mid-American Conference honors, started 39 consecutive games, racked up 16 career sacks and was a two-year team captain.

"Age has nothing to do with it if you take care of your body," said Crawford, who spent four years in the Marine Corps before enrolling at Ball State.

Last August, Crawford told FanHouse's Jim Henry that "I think my age has been more of a factor to everyone else than me." ... I've probably done a little more, heard a little more and seen a little more than my teammates, but I kind of blend in. I don't really stand out. When they ask me how old I am and I tell them, it's like, 'No. No way, you don't look like it.' How are you supposed to look? Am I supposed to have gray hair? I look young, I take care of my body, I can get out there and play with them. I am just taking it day-by-day and enjoying every minute."

ShareAnd two months ago, Crawford told the Associated Press "I believe I have a shot at getting drafted."

But as Michael David Smith wrote on PFT.com at the time, that may not be realistic; "Crawford was a good but not great defensive end at Ball State, and even if he were 23 it's no sure thing he'd get drafted. At 33, no team is going to spend a draft pick on him."

By Saturday night, we'll know one way or the other. For now, though, it's a great story and a nice change from the NFL news of the day.

http://backporch.fanhouse.com/2010/04/19...ever-drafted%2F

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
He won't even be signed as a UDFA.

O
Legend
Legend
O
I'd waste a 7th on him just to set that record...

M
All Pro
All Pro
M
Quote:

I'd waste a 7th on him just to set that record...

Or you could try to play it safer and try to draft the next Tom Brady.

[Linked Image from netanimations.net]
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season NFL Draft (2013) Brandon Crawford Hopes to Be Oldest Player Ever Drafted

Link Copied to Clipboard