Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
If Berry is gone at 7, I'd love to see Mays fall to us in the 2nd

Legend
Legend
j/c... most of these predictions aren't very bold.

And no, changing the font emphasis doesn't make it better.

Legend
Legend
Okay I'm changing my Tebow prediction.... He will be a Top 10 pick for a team not named Jacksonville!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Tim Tebow gets drafted in the first round....

By...

Wait for it....

Almost there....

The Dallas Cowboys

Is that bold enough?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
^That was to Cleve... Not you, Candy

N
Legend
Legend
N
that is bold.

longhorn fans in dallas would be bellyaching that he didn't draft mccoy.

sooner fans in dallas would be bellyaching that he didn't magically trade up to #1 and draft bradford.

cowboy fans would put even more drama on Romo (they seem to like doing that here)

and Tebow isn't a Razorback which would throw all other facets out the window when it comes to Jerry.

you know what though, I like it. would really stir up the pot down here (no, i don't like it as beneficial for the cowboys, just as entertainment for me)

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Is that bold enough?

Yes, thank you.

Legend
Legend
j/c

FYI, my wife said she has a vibe we're taking Spiller at 7. She didn't have anything to really back it up, just a vibe. And, seeing how she is my wife and therefore never wrong, I guess we can take it to the bank.

I am unfamiliar with this feeling of optimism
O
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
O
Quote:

4.)The Browns will package Rogers and Jackson to Tennessee and a pick to get Trent Williams at 16

I really like that one.

Barry Bonds Check
Roger Clemens Check
Mark McGuire Check
Lance Armstrong Check

71-79 Steelers Taboo
(Lets pretend it didn't happen.)
Legend
Legend
J/C

For whatever reason, and it's unexplainable, I've had this feeling all week that we will end up taking someone no one has talked about all these weeks....

Dan Williams, DT Tennessee

and NO..it's not who I want

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I'd say she has something to back it up....

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5...mp;confirm=true

Courtsey of Pat Kirwan

7. Cleveland Browns
C.J. Spiller, RB, Clemson
Spiller is a 20-touch-a-game guy right away between rushing, receiving and returns. With an aging veteran quarterback like Jake Delhomme -- who knew how to get the ball in Steve Smith's hands for years in Carolina -- Spiller could get close to 1,800 yards of total offense in his rookie season.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Legend
Legend
Check out the 'Mock Drafts Part 2" thread. Near the end, I posted Pat Kirwan's mock draft from NFL.com. He has us taking Spiller.

Personally, I'd barf (unless he turns into a Pro Bowl RB). Our current group of running backs might not be great, but we need to fix the right side of the O-line before worrying about a RB. Plus, we have to fill all the other holes too.

Well....I guess since I'm here, I have to make a bold draft prediction. Ummmm.....We'll take Colt McCoy in the 2nd but not with the 38th pick, we'll trade up to get him at #34 (giving up #134 in the 5th round).

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Legend
Legend
Quote:

j/c
And, seeing how she is my wife and therefore never wrong, I guess we can take it to the bank.

Actually, it's not that she's never wrong, but it's that she's your wife, so You are never Right

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
My personal feeling is that Ryan Mathew Fresno St will be the best Rb to come out of this draft.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Quote:

Quote:

j/c
And, seeing how she is my wife and therefore never wrong, I guess we can take it to the bank.

Actually, it's not that she's never wrong, but it's that she's your wife, so You are never Right

So does that mean he is wrong when he says his wife is never wrong? Or does that just mean that he got this one right and his wife really isn't ever wrong?

My head hurts...

you had a good run Hank.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

My personal feeling is that Ryan Mathew Fresno St will be the best Rb to come out of this draft.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
I STILL HOPE:

Browns Trade Up to #1 by sending our #7, Big Baby and a 3rd to the Rams.
They select Suh with Bradford still on the board.
Forcing McCoy to fall to them in the 2nd.
They get Taylor Mayes in the 3rd round...

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Brian Bulaga will be the 4th or 5th OT selected and not picked in the top 20. I believe he makes it all the way to the Packers at 23, who will feel compelled to take him because of their awful offensive line, but have reservations about it because they know he's not an NFL LT.

Brandon Graham will be the first DE or OLB selected in the draft.

2/2 so far...

Legend
Legend
Wow .... I never thought that Tebow would be the 2nd QB off the board .... and to Denver? I mean, they just traded for Quinn ... who according to some will be All Everything there ......

Quinn might be cut by the end of training camp. CBS Sportsline's coverage ust referred to him as a "throw-away".

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Quote:

Quote:

My "bold" predictions

1) If Berry is gone at 7, and the Browns cannot trade down (a) I expect a surprise (one of Earl Thomas, Kyle Wilson, Jared Odrick, or Mike Iupati) (b) the Browns will have at least 2 picks in the first round this year.

2) Dez Bryant will fall to #27 Dallas.

3) There will be a record number of trades this draft.

4) Ryan Matthews is taken before CJ Spiller.

I forgot one

5) Albert Haynesworth will be traded. I would love if he was traded to Tampa which would screw up everyone's mocks... ...I'll say he ends up in Seattle for #60 overall.

1) nope
2) 1/2 correct, right team, wrong spot
3) on target
4) nope
5) still TBD

I was 9 correct on my mock, the worst I've ever done - sadly my last mock for this draft had 13 right.

N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

Tebow would be the 2nd QB off the board .... and to Denver? I mean, they just traded for Quinn

i think joe might be making his exit now though, so there's that.

#gmstrong
N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

Let's start with the bad picks. I'll put up some of the better ones tomorrow.

1st round pick busts:

Claussen
Bruce Campbell
Dem. Thomas
J. Pierre-Paul
Everson Griffen
Taylor Mays (though initially he's a success ala Roy Williams)
Kyle Wilson (again, initially he may be successful, but he'll be exposed for gambling too much ala Cromartie)
Roger Saffold (yes, there will be 7 OTs taken in the 1st round)

do i get credit that it seems NFL GM's agree with me or discredit because they didn't make it in the 1st round (most of them at least

#gmstrong
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Quote:

I was 9 correct on my mock, the worst I've ever done - sadly my last mock for this draft had 13 right.

Just heard Pat Kirwin mention he thought he did very well with 11 exact and 25 of 32 players he had in his 1st round mock end up in the first round. Makes me feel better about 9 exact and 27 of 32 in my 1st round mock end up in the first round.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

Just heard Pat Kirwin mention he thought he did very well with 11 exact and 25 of 32 players he had in his 1st round mock end up in the first round. Makes me feel better about 9 exact and 27 of 32 in my 1st round mock end up in the first round.

If it makes you feel better, draft guru Deep only had 6 right

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
It was a rough year to do predicting.

O
Legend
Legend
O
He did hit on that J Pierre-Paul guy. I give Deep props for that because that pick blew those commentators away.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Mostly because of Berry. He could have gone 4th through 7 or even 10. Each spot would give the draft a different complexion.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Legend
Legend
3 out of 4 ain't bad...

Quote:

Brian Bulaga will be the 4th or 5th OT selected and not picked in the top 20. I believe he makes it all the way to the Packers at 23, who will feel compelled to take him because of their awful offensive line, but have reservations about it because they know he's not an NFL LT.

Brandon Graham will be the first DE or OLB selected in the draft.

Someone will trade up to select Terrence Cody.

Jordan Shipley will be gone by the end of Friday.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season NFL Draft (2013) Bold Draft Predictions

Link Copied to Clipboard