Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
2nd String
OP Offline
2nd String
S
I would like to see the Browns trade the 7th pick to the 49ers for the 13th and 17th pick. The 49ers might see Clausen as a franchise QB and jump ahead of the Bills to draft him. With the 13th pick the Browns could select CB Joe Haden and then snag G/T Mike Iupati with the 17th pick. With the 38th pick the Browns select NT Terrence Cody to help shore up the run defense. In the third round the Browns could select G/C Jon Asamoah (71st pick), RB Montario Hardesty (85th pick), and S Myron Rolle (92nd pick).

13th - CB Joe Haden
17th - G/T Mike Iuapti
38th - NT Terrence Cody
71st - G/C Jon Asamoah
85th - RB Montario Hardesty
92nd - S Myron Rolle

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

I would like to see the Browns trade the 7th pick to the 49ers for the 13th and 17th pick. The 49ers might see Clausen as a franchise QB and jump ahead of the Bills to draft him.

Very doubtful that that happens. I'd love it, but no way. That 17 is way too high for them to want to give it to us. May be the option would be 7 and our 2nd for 13 and 17. That might work. But 1 first rounder for 2 first rounders straight up. No way. I just don't see the 49ers falling for that.

Although we did trade a 2nd to move up one spot and get Winslow. But Winslow was a special player, and if he didn't face the injuries, he could have been a HOFer IMO. But still, I think the 49ers would be more willing to part with a 1st next year before both 1sts this year.

UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
C
1st String
1st String
C
everyone in the 49ers organization, from president to assistant coaches, would deserve to be fired for a trade like this. they have several holes to fill, and surrendering 2 mid firsts for a marginal QB is franchise suicide.

N
Legend
Legend
N
if we get them drunk enough to trade us these picks, then i would prefer we pick Earl Thomas (I like Haden slightly better, but S is a much bigger need now) and Anthony Davis (RT is more important than RG).

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
If we could trade 7 for 13 and 17, I would do that in a hearbeat.

We could probably grab Earl Thomas and Odrck, Morgan, or Pierre-Paul.

If we took another DL or a CB in round 2, we would have taken huge steps towards rebuilding the defense all in 2 rounds of 1 draft. Plus we would still have 3 picks coming in round 3, and 2 more in round 5.

I would guess that the braintrust will look at the 2 sides of the ball as both needing some help ..... but there is a lot more youth that may develop on offense than on defense. We have 2 young and promising OL .... several young RB .... a young TE .... several young WR .....

Really QB is the only spot without some youth to it.

On defense, we are old at DL and the secondary really needs a talent infusion. There is some youth there .... but we really need some impact there.

If we look at certain positions, it seem to me that OL, for example, is top heavy, with some excellent prospects at the top of round 1 ..... and then the talent leve;s out to a 3-4 round level. The RB crop really doesn't imprss me at all. There are a few WR with potential .... but really not a lot worthy of a round 2 grade. QB is also severely limited unless you hold the first pick in the draft ... and even then there are some questions.

Given the fact that this draft is so deep in talent at DL abd the secondary positions, it sems to ne that the most impact can be had by concebtrating on those positions high in the draft. Great players find the field ... so drafting the best players available outweighs any positional needs in my book. *especially when the best available players are likely to be at positions of need on our team anyway)

I could be very happy if we came out of this draft having reinforced 2 or 3 positions on the team with highly rated players, even if it means leaving another couple of positions for next year. I see the biggest areas of concern, outside of QB, as DL, Secondary, and the OL. We could definitely attack the 1st 2 where the talent is definitely the deepest ... and then the 3rd in the middle rounds. We could fill holes remaining with late round 5 to round 6 picks.

That would be my plan if I were in charge, anyway. What do I know though?

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
S
2nd String
OP Offline
2nd String
S
Iupati has the versatility to play RT but our immediate need on OL is at RG with Pashos at RT. In my scenario I was assuming Thomas was already selected.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Love the idea, hate how you spent the picks

Clausen to 49ers?
Apr
4/21/2010 8:48:42 AM | More

Tim Kawakami of the San Jose Mercury News reports that he is convinced 49ers' ownership wants to draft Notre Dame quarterback Jimmy Clausen. Kawakami: "The 49ers absolutely are sure that Mike Singletary will get the most out of the improved talent already on the roster. So they believe they’ll be in the playoffs this year and therefore probably end up with a 20+ pick in 2011. Tough to pick in the 20s and land a franchise QB. You can do it, but it’s tough. With Smith on a one-year deal, David Carr on a two-year deal and Nate Davis still up in the air as a NFL QB… maybe this is the time to strike for a QB they love."

www.theredzone.org

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Not that it's a huge issue, but the 49'rs have four prime time games this year.

O
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
O
Lombardi is saying that the Chiefs really want to trade down and they sit at 5, so if the Niners are actually willing to make such a deal, they'll trade with the Chiefs, not with us.

***Gordon, I really didn't think you could be this stOOpid, but you exceeded my expectations. Wussy.
Manziel, see Josh Gordon. Dumbass.***
A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
I would make that trade every time. getting 2 first rounds for our #7 would be amazing.

"The medium for the bad news was ESPN, which figured. The network represents much of what is loud, obnoxious and empty in sports today."
N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

Iupati has the versatility to play RT but our immediate need on OL is at RG with Pashos at RT. In my scenario I was assuming Thomas was already selected.

Ok, no Thomas, then yes, go with Haden

definitely NO to converting Iupati to RT as a #17 pick. There are a ton of good OTs in this draft, why convert one? Anthony Davis might be there for example.

and if we are going to draft an OG in round1 (not needed with a few good ones that should be there in round3, like Mike Johnson and JD Walton), I would go with Pouncey who would then also serve as Alex Mack's backup.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Pashos is a below average RT at best. I'm far more for drafting an OT at #13 or #17 and sliding Pashos to RG. In that sense you actually upgrade both the RG and RT positions with one pick.

But in short, yes, I'd take that deal.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
C
Legend
Legend
C
I think everyone on this board would take that deal.

There is one problem. The 49ers wouldn't take that deal.

All Pro
All Pro
Quote:

Lombardi is saying that the Chiefs really want to trade down and they sit at 5, so if the Niners are actually willing to make such a deal, they'll trade with the Chiefs, not with us.

That would be unnecessary if their target is Clausen, unless you think Seattle would take him.

Don't we rag on Lombardi all the time? I think this is a believable scenario.

A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams.

John Barrymore
D
Legend
Legend
D
According to the Draft Value Chart, 13 & 17 are worth 2200 points.

#7 is worth 1500.

Legend
Legend
I think the more realistic question is would you trade our 1st and 2nd and a 3rd for #13 and #17.

If we could get McClain and Graham or Thomas and Graham I'd probably do it. Otherwise, no.

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...h-overall-pick/

Cowboys interested in trade with 49ers for 13th overall pick

Posted by Michael David Smith
April 21, 2010 1:10 PM ET

With 30 hours to go before the NFL draft begins, trade rumors are heating up. And the latest has the Dallas Cowboys interested in acquiring the 13th overall pick from the San Francisco 49ers.

Matt Maiocco of the Press Democrat reports that the Cowboys are interested in moving up to 13 to select defensive back Earl Thomas of Texas.

Most mock drafts have Thomas still available at 13 but gone before the Cowboys pick at 27, so if the Cowboys are enamored with Thomas, moving up to 13 would make sense.

The 49ers could also take Thomas at 13 themselves, although most reports indicate they're more interested in Florida's Joe Haden there.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Quote:

Pashos is a below average RT at best

That's not true.

He's, at best, average. Good run blocker, bad pass blocker = average at his job.

you had a good run Hank.
P
Legend
Legend
P
As long as they're running "inside" he is.

His lead feet will prevent him from getting to the edge on outside runs. (thus a far better RG)

Half a run blocker and basicly zero pass blocking = Below average

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Quote:

As long as they're running "inside" he is.

His lead feet will prevent him from getting to the edge on outside runs. (thus a far better RG)

Half a run blocker and basicly zero pass blocking = Below average

Agree to disagree, then. I'm not saying don't draft a RT, but I'm getting a little sick of 1st round OLmen. We have bigger holes to fill with our first round pick.

you had a good run Hank.
P
Legend
Legend
P
The only way I would promote or ever have promoted it this year is in a trade down scenario that gives us two first rounders.

A RT does not command the respect, investment or as a high of a pick as LT does. If you can get a stellar one who can set you up for a decade plus and having two first round picks, then yeah, I have no problem with it.

But with our needs if we stay at our pick there's no way I'd draft a RT that high.

jmho

#gmstrong
S
Rookie
Rookie
S
I would rather see us take Hayden as you mentioned with the 13th and then Taylor Mays with the 17th. We would then have a nice secondary with a lot of punch.

All Pro
All Pro
It would maybe be better to take 13 and next year's first. Lots of QBs in that draft. If all you guys are right about Clausen he'll tank the team and that'll be a high pick.

John Barrymore
O
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
O
Quote:

Quote:

That would be unnecessary if their target is Clausen, unless you think Seattle would take him.

Don't we rag on Lombardi all the time? I think this is a believable scenario.

I don't rag on Lombardi, though yeah, many do. These guys have more connections than we do, so I listen to anyone I can.

You mentioned Seattle. They are a potential spot for Clausen. However, don't discount the Browns. We discount our own team because we personally may not believe a guy is in our plans, but from an outsiders perspective, the Browns are an obvious target for Clausen. So, if the Niners have even the slightest thought that the Browns may want Clausen, they won't bother with us and will instead deal with the Chiefs.

Don't get me wrong, man. I'm very much of a mind to move one way or another: Up if we can get Bradford, or down if we can't. Considering I think we stand a very small chance of getting Bradford, I'd be all for dropping down and acquiring two first round picks for the 7th. I just don't think we stand a shot of this trade if the target is Clausen.

***Gordon, I really didn't think you could be this stOOpid, but you exceeded my expectations. Wussy.
Manziel, see Josh Gordon. Dumbass.***
All Pro
All Pro
I think I'm actually the only guy here that likes poor ol' Jimmy.

If Big Rape really gets moved, say, to Oakland, that spot gets a lot more valuable. I would love that scenario.

John Barrymore
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season NFL Draft (2013) Trade down with the 49ers for the 13th and 17th picks?

Link Copied to Clipboard