Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#486266 04/21/10 12:38 PM
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I just picked up a copy for the PC yesterday. Looks pretty cool so far, although the graphics are a little hard on the eyes at times (I gotta turn down the gamma).

Anyone else play this game yet?

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

S
Legend
Legend
S
Quote:

I just picked up a copy for the PC yesterday. Looks pretty cool so far, although the graphics are a little hard on the eyes at times (I gotta turn down the gamma).

no but i have heard it's a solid game. i may pick it up when it's discounted.

L
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
L
I have it for the 360 and ended up really liking it. The ending is lame but the loot and RPG elements are a lot of fun. I liked the Siren and the Hunter the best. Soldier was pretty useless and the Tank was harlious to watch.

Go Browns!!

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

no but i have heard it's a solid game. i may pick it up when it's discounted.

I saw the price for the ps3 version at 39.99 @ best buy two days ago...

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
i played it 24/7 for the 360 when it first came out and beat it. then i got tired of looting every-single-freaking-thing ... game is very loot heavy. it's fun for a while though and a good game to get once its discounted.

Y
2nd String
2nd String
Y
I played this with a buddy, co-op, and it was very entertaining. Really a great example of co-op gameplay done right. For some reason, I never get tired of looting as long as there's the possibility of finding a sweet new weapon, and since the weapons are randomly generated every time you open a crate or whatever, the possibilities are endless (well, almost... I read something like there's 7 million possible combinations).

The looting will make it feel Diablo-like, but from the FPS perspective and taking place in a post nuclear wasteland.

It's also got it's own sense of style and personality... which I respect in any game.

YtseDawg #486272 04/22/10 10:52 PM
S
Legend
Legend
S
nice call on the sale on borderlands, picked it up today...

will probably play this weekend, i watched some videos today on youtube of the gameplay, looks like a comic version of fallout.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Yes, the genre is very Fallout-ish. While I'm enjoying this, I think that I may still prefer Fallout 3, which I still need to go back and finish.

Browns is the Browns

S
Legend
Legend
S
Quote:

Yes, the genre is very Fallout-ish. While I'm enjoying this, I think that I may still prefer Fallout 3, which I still need to go back and finish.

i'm ticked that i beat the game without exploring everything and doing all the side stuff and the thing just ended. so i basically gotta start all over. which is cool because i can change the entire outlook of my dude. i think i'm gonna be more a-hole-ish this time around.

great game tho, can't wait for new vegas. i can only imagine.

perhaps some bottle cap gambling?

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
lol@ bottle cap slot machines

I just pre-ordered StarCraft 2 as well.... lotta gaming in my future

Browns is the Browns

R
Rookie
Rookie
R
Whoa whoa whoa...Starcraft 2 is actually happening? I haven't heard anything for months and I assumed it just got hung up again. Sweet deal

"Every time that I score, I'm going to get the ball and sign it "To Holmgren" and give it to him just so he has the proof that I'm worth every penny"- JC
RverDag_778 #486277 04/25/10 01:35 PM
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Pre-Order StarCraft 2 through Gamestop.com and you will be emailed a Key for the Closed Beta and you can download and play it right now.... I installed the game yesterday morning (though I have yet to play a game).

Browns is the Browns

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Played it for a good chunk of Saturday... finished all of the quests in Fyrestone and hit Level 21. I'm playing the Hunter class.
The sniping damage that I'm doing is just unreal, lol... and it's fun to score a critical and either see the head disappear, or on very low-level guys, see them just explode, hehe.

The sniper rifle that I'm using has a base dmg of like 209, +150% Crit, +49% accuracy, -30% recoil. I have a 2nd sniper rifle that is x3 Shock damage, too... it's fun, hehe.

Browns is the Browns

Legend
Legend
Quote:

I loved fo3 and got 100% trophies on it. There are probably a couple side missions on it that I haven't finished in the expansions but I'm not going to go look for them.

clevesteve #486280 04/28/10 09:00 AM
S
Legend
Legend
S
i have a question with borderlands, which by the way, i have really enjoyed since i picked it up...

i couldn't find the answer in the booklet, but when you go to your menu, and the list of guns u have in your inventory, some are listed in the color green, how come? what's the difference?

A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
This game has been on my list of games to get since it came out, yet always gets pushed back. I got Just Cause 2 (waste) instead last time and now playing Batman Arkham Asylum and with Skate 3 on the horizon, will be getting pushed back yet again.

"The medium for the bad news was ESPN, which figured. The network represents much of what is loud, obnoxious and empty in sports today."
H
1st String
1st String
H

Web page on guns color

Scorll down and you will see that the color is based upon rarity of the weapon

hungryhound #486283 04/28/10 11:31 AM
S
Legend
Legend
S
awesome, thanks for the link. i am enjoying the hell out of this game.

are there plans for another one? the one complaint i heard about this game was that it was too short.

Y
2nd String
2nd String
Y
Hmm.. I didn't think it was all that short. There are a couple of DLC expansion packs for it, which I haven't played yet, but plan to the next time my buddy is in town (like I said, awesome split-screen co-op in this game).

I would say that it's almost a forgone conclusion that there will be a sequel as the game did better, commercially than anyone expected.

S
Legend
Legend
S
Quote:

lol@ bottle cap slot machines

i just read today in ign that there will be gambling in the new fallout, kinda obvious if you think about it, but i am glad to hear it'll be in for sure.

i'm a little bummed to hear bethesda is not working on the new one, although i guess a few people who worked on fallout 3 are hanging around for this next one. i really got into fallout 3, it was easily one of the best games i have ever played.

Y
2nd String
2nd String
Y
Quote:

i'm a little bummed to hear bethesda is not working on the new one, although i guess a few people who worked on fallout 3 are hanging around for this next one. i really got into fallout 3, it was easily one of the best games i have ever played.

Some of the founding members of Obsidian Entertainment developed the original Fallout (Black Isle Studios), so if anyone's qualified to do it, it's them.

A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
Quote:

[ i really got into fallout 3, it was easily one of the best games i have ever played.

I agree, its right up there with Oblivion for me.

"The medium for the bad news was ESPN, which figured. The network represents much of what is loud, obnoxious and empty in sports today."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Anyone still playing? Or am I late to the party. it would be cool to get a coop session going with some fellow PC gamers.

Steam had a weekend sale and with the DLC and all for 20 bucks. So I figured what the heck. Have to say I'm surprised and it was well worth it. I just put in a 4 hour session and the day flew by.

Psydeffect #486289 07/05/10 10:07 PM
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I completely finished the single player a couple of weeks ago, but I've never tried any of the multi-player. It might be fun.

I just picked up the GOY Edition of Fallout 3 (includes all of the expansions), so I'm not sure if I'll ever be heard from again, however.

Browns is the Browns

S
Legend
Legend
S
Quote:

I completely finished the single player a couple of weeks ago, but I've never tried any of the multi-player. It might be fun.

I just picked up the GOY Edition of Fallout 3 (includes all of the expansions), so I'm not sure if I'll ever be heard from again, however.

i wanna get that. maybe christmas.

do any of you guys know if gta4 is gonna do something similiar to what fallout 3 did where they re-release the game with all the dlc included?

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Fantasy & Gaming Borderlands

Link Copied to Clipboard