Print Thread
L
LexDawg Offline OP
All Pro
OP Offline
All Pro
L
Jacksonville opts to punt

As bad as I hate seeing cities lose teams...I don't think Tebow would have saved the Jags.

Legend
Legend
I'd be upset if that city cared about the Jaguars. They don't....so move them where they'll pack the house and generate excitement.

Yes, LA failed before. I don't really count the Raiders move from LA....that's just Al Davis being Al Davis. I think LA could be ok (a lot better than Jax).

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Legend
Legend
Maybe the Browns can buy their remaining draft picks ......

We'll trade you our lowest 6th rounder and $2 million for your remaining draft picks ......

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
C
Legend
Legend
C
I think that if the Jaguars win no one will care that they didn't draft Tim Tebow.

N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

I think that if the Jaguars win no one will care that they didn't draft Tim Tebow.

they have been winning and noone in JAX seems to care about the Jaguars (at least not the people who could buy tickets).

they were in the playoff race the entire year, but still were #31 in attendance:

http://wokv.com/blogs/reporters_notebook/2009/12/jacksonvilles-best-effort-fall.html

#gmstrong
C
Legend
Legend
C
Hasn't there owner said that he won't move the team out of Jacksonville (he's a University of Florida alum)? And it would be hard for the NFL to move a team out of a relatively new stadium (built in 1996) when teams like Oakland (stadium built in 1966), San Francisco (1960), and Minnesota (1982) all need new stadiums.

The NFL has shown it's not afraid to move franchises with strong histories if they can get a new stadium built elsewhere.

N
Legend
Legend
N
he has said that, but what else is he supposed to say? and he didn't say he wouldn't sell the team so they could move them.

it's all about their lease situation, which is ironclad for the next few years, but once they have a loophole, JAX is the least viable NFL city right now and that makes them among the most likely to move.

al davis of course always gets the itch to move

i don't think minny would make the move, but if they did fans would rue the day they built stadiums for the Twins and Gophers (sound familiar?)

SF won't move far if they move. SJ is a more viable area anyway, or better yet, find somewhere more accessible by both cities (yeah, I know nothing is really accessible from SF because of their layout)

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Take em to LA where they will NOT support them!

N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

Take em to LA where they will NOT support them!

yeah, but LA not supporting them will still get more than the 40K they are "packing" into their stadium.

#gmstrong
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season NFL Draft (2013) The Jacksonville Jaguars are on the clock...

Link Copied to Clipboard