Browns - I think the pundits will say the Browns b/c of Ward reach pick
Oakland - reached on McClain and Houston
Jacksonville - Reached for both Alualu and Smith
Houston - Jackson, Tate, Mitchell, Moeaki

Boom or Bust:
Baltimore - Kindle, Cody, Dickson
Cincinnati - Gresham, Dunlap, Shipley, Ghee
Denver - Thomas, Tebow, Beadles, Walton, Decker

The Pundits might think we are a bust, but do you?

Winners:
Baltimore
New England
Seattle
KC

Losers:
Bears: not because of who they picked, but who they traded their picks for.
Jags
I don't really like Pitts draft.

you had a good run Hank.
W
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
W
I'd give us a C+

I'm coming home, I'm coming home, tell the world I'm coming home
O
Legend
Legend
O
In my opinion, I think we could've had guys with much smaller question marks. Our picks could turn out to be good, but I don't think we're in a position to be drafting guys with such large injury concerns.

I'd say those two picks put us on the side of Lose, but that could very easily be proven wrong. I wish we could be more comfortable with those picks.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Wow, I'm not saying we should be up in the winner's bracket, but IMO there's no way we're in the loser category.... no way.

Haden will play.
Ward will play.
Hardesty will play.

We took 5 guys in 3 rounds, and IMO 3 of them will contribute this year, if not have a good chance of starting by the end of the year. That's not losing.

[Linked Image from pic18.picturetrail.com]
"The Browns' defense is kicking mucho dupa."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I'd have to say:

Winners:

1. Seattle
2. Kansas City
3. Detroit
4. New England - not just because of the picks, but because of what they're acquiring for 2011

Losers:

1. Chicago - this is a given only because they Savaged it and had 1 pick
2. Jacksonville - I think they're mailing it in in hopes of being moved to L.A......don't know what else to say.
3. Pittsburgh - Just didn't like their picks a whole bunch. Which means I liked their picks a lot They did fill needs, but I don't think they went BPA.....they need a CB and there were plenty of solid CBs available who IMO would be better than what they picked up. I don't think it was awful, but was trying to find a 3rd team in there. The gap between them and the others is big.

San Fran did a nice job as well.

I don't think too many teams did poorly, it was pretty decent all around.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I have to call the Browns losers bigtime. Hadenis the only guy that works for me. Even though I would take Earl Thomas, McClain, aDT/DE, RT ahead of him. Our new Safety has a bad knee, our new RB has a bad knee, the Coltster is shorter than his Dad, Mom, and Girlfriend Oh and his Granddad. He also has a noodle arm. How is he going to throw through the winds of Cleveland? Why does Ammo and Top Dawg like this guy but wanted Frye shipped out after bouncing a few off Braylon's hands? The Coltster sounds like Troy Smith with a weaker arm. How many 6" QBs not named Drew Brees are starters in the Pros? Oh and the new G/T ( can't remember his name) downside is he gets ragdolled, and doesn't run block very well. I thought last year was bad and was ridaculed severly. I'm still waiting for all of your apoligizs.

O
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
O
Quote:

Wow, I'm not saying we should be up in the winner's bracket, but IMO there's no way we're in the loser category.... no way.

Haden will play.
Ward will play.
Hardesty will play.

We took 5 guys in 3 rounds, and IMO 3 of them will contribute this year, if not have a good chance of starting by the end of the year. That's not losing.

Sorry, but I kind of feel the way oober does. We have so many holes to fill we don't have the picks to waste on guys with questionable injury problems, I think we could have made safer picks.

How about a realistic look at the top 3 picks; 1.) Harden; nickle back and back up CB. 2.) Ward; back up or on IR most of the season. 3.) Hardesty; roll player or on IR most of the season. The later two shold have gone in the late 3rd at best more like the 4th or 5th round.

Those are the kind of picks playoff teams like the Colts, Pats and Eagles can afford to make, not teams who have never won their own division in ten years can afford to take a chance on. With all the picks we had and where they were at, we should have come out of this draft with a solid "B" grade. But, we didn't get a "B" like everyone else in the division, who had less picks and picked way behind us did, hence we should have taken the safer picks. None of our picks, should have had any medical concerns what so ever. JMHO

I think if a lot of the people on the boad were truly honest and were not wearing the orange glasseas or drinking the Berea kool-aid, they might agree to go the safe way for now.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

In my opinion, I think we could've had guys with much smaller question marks. Our picks could turn out to be good, but I don't think we're in a position to be drafting guys with such large injury concerns.

I'd say those two picks put us on the side of Lose, but that could very easily be proven wrong. I wish we could be more comfortable with those picks.

+1 with everything you said.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
O
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
O
Quote:

Haden will play.
Ward will play.
Hardesty will play.

Sorry, but I kind of feel the way oober does. We have so many holes to fill we don't have the picks to waste on guys with questionable injury problems, I think we could have made safer picks.

How about a realistic look at the top 3 picks; 1.) Harden; nickle back and back up CB. 2.) Ward; back up or on IR most of the season. 3.) Hardesty; roll player or on IR most of the season. The later two shold have gone in the late 3rd at best more like the 4th or 5th round.

Those are the kind of picks playoff teams like the Colts, Pats and Eagles can afford to make, not teams who have never won their own division in ten years can afford to take a chance on. With all the picks we had and where they were at, we should have come out of this draft with a solid "B" grade. But, we didn't a "B" like everyone else in the division, who had less picks and picked way behind us did, hence we should have taken the safer picks. None of our picks, should have had any medical concerns what so ever.

I think if a lot of the people on the boad were truly honest and were not wearing the orange glasseas or drinking the Berea kool-aid, they might agree to go the safe way for now.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Hardesty a role player?

Hardesty is a 20-30 carry back once he gets adjusted. If anything, Harrison will become the role player. I don't agree with that one.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Hardesty and Harrison will be splitting carries.

DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season NFL Draft (2013) Day 1 & 2 winners and losers?

Link Copied to Clipboard