Print Thread
A
artSUXS Offline OP
1st String
OP Offline
1st String
A
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/bengals-wr-purify-arrested-after-scuffle

Cincinnati Bengals receiver Maurice Purify has been arrested on a misdemeanor charge of disorderly conduct following a scuffle at a northern Kentucky night spot.

Police say Purify was arrested early Tuesday morning after they broke up a fight at the night spot, located directly across the Ohio River from Cincinnati. He was released later in the day on $500 bond. He's due in court for an initial hearing on Friday.

The Bengals had no comment. They signed Purify last year as an undrafted free agent from Nebraska. He appeared in five games, mainly on special teams. He didn't catch a pass.

Legend
Legend
Hey, he's fighting for a spot on the bungle roster and trying to fit in.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I wonder if this is the bar I go to down there. My buddy is a cop in Covington, and we go to this place called Molly Malone's just across the river. A lot of Bungle players go there.

D
All Pro
All Pro
D
We to earn your stripes.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I didn't know Nebraska had wide receivers....

I'm looking out of my office window at Northern Kentucky right now. I wonder where he went. Newport?

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
B
Rookie
Rookie
B
Quote:

I didn't know Nebraska had wide receivers....

I'm looking out of my office window at Northern Kentucky right now. I wonder where he went. Newport?

Yea, it was Newport. Guy was already going to get cut. Now its a no-brainer.

N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

are you sure Marvin didn't tell him that he's going to get cut unless he fits in better with the team? and so, he took the only logical route to do it?

#gmstrong
L
All Pro
All Pro
L
Quote:

Quote:

are you sure Marvin didn't tell him that he's going to get cut unless he fits in better with the team? and so, he took the only logical route to do it?

Coach told him if he wanted to be a Bengal he better start playing like one.

1st String
1st String
This was a misdemeanor charge for crying out loud & I heard on the radio (WLW) that the bail was $80 not $500. The next thing you know you Cleveland Clowns will be reporting whenver a Bengals gets a jaywalking or parking ticket.

At least we don't have murderers or rapists lile Stallworth or Roethlesberger. How is DUI boater boy Steinbach doing? I think you have plenty or criminals of your own to worry about.

-Med-

C
2nd String
2nd String
C
Funny thing about this Med is that if Purify was on the Clowns he'd probably be in the mix for a starting or 3rd WR position..And yes it was only an $80 fine..

"Behold! The only thing greater than yourself!"
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

I think you have plenty or criminals of your own to worry about.

Ours happen after they are on the roster.We don't go look for them so we can sign them like the Bungles do.Criminals will always have a team to play for as long as the Bungles are around.Your coach is even getting tired of it.

Legend
Legend
I don't usually get into the shack much ... but I saw this and figured that I'd share .....

From the Bungle Enquirer no less .....

LinkaBungle

Bengals and arrests Posted by jreedy May 10th, 2010, 4:47 pm

With the signing of Adam Jones today, CNBC Sports Business reporter Darren Rovell notes that there have been 498 active NFL players arrested since 2000. How did Rovell get this information?

Brent Schrotenboer of the San Diego Union-Tribune has compiled a database involving arrests of NFL players since 2000 that were more serious than speeding tickets. Schrotenboer says on the database that the list should not be considered as the comprehensive record but it does help out in charting a couple statistics. Notably …

In what should not be considered a shock, the Bengals lead the league in most arrests since 2000 and are tied for most arrests since 2005. When it comes to since ‘07 though there are four teams ahead of them.

According to the Union-Tribune there have been 31 arrests involving Bengals since 2000. They are not the runaway leader though. Minnesota trails by one with 30 while Denver, Jacksonville and Kansas City are tied for third with 25.

In arrests since 2005, Cincinnati and Jacksonville are tied with 20. Tennessee has 19 and Minnesota and Denver are tied with 17.

In arrests since 2007, Jacksonville (15), Denver (12), Miami (12), Tampa Bay (10) and Atlanta (10) have more than the Bengals’ nine. Pittsburgh also has nine while Cleveland has eight and Baltimore four.

Team Total Since ‘05 Since ‘07
Cincinnati 31 20 9
Minnesota 30 17 7
Jacksonville 25 20 15
Denver 25 17 12
Kansas City 25 13 5
Miami 24 16 12
San Diego 22 16 7
Tennessee 22 19 6
Cleveland 20 11 8
Tampa Bay 18 12 10
Chicago 18 11 5
Indianapolis 17 12 7
New Orleans 17 10 7
Pittsburgh 16 13 9
Carolina 15 6 6
Baltimore 15 6 4
Atlanta 13 11 10
Buffalo 13 8 7
Seattle 13 10 6
Oakland 12 4 4
Green Bay 12 6 3
NY Giants 11 8 7
Washington 11 6 4
New England 11 5 4
Houston 9 6 5
Dallas 9 4 2
Arizona 9 3 2
San Francisco 8 3 2
Detroit 7 5 2
Philadelphia 7 4 2
NY Jets 7 3 2
St. Louis 6 5 4

Source: San Diego Union-Tribune

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
N
Legend
Legend
N
that list is a bit slanted though.

Donte Stallworth counts towards the Browns arrest total even though we cut him before he could play another down for our team.

Benson, Tank, PacMan, etc. were all arrested many, many times before they became Bengals and do not count towards Cinci's total in this article.

I think a better statistic would be to see how many total arrests of players on each team. I'm guessing Cinci would lead by a much wider margin.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Yea, count the guys on the team, count how many each has been arrested EVER.. and thats your total.

Didn't the Vikes have like 8 guys arrested in one incident on that boating while intoxicated thing?

yebat' Putin
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
webbage

Bob Hunter commentary: Rumblings
Friday, May 14, 2010 2:52 AM
By Bob Hunter

THE COLUMBUS DISPATCH

Anyone care to guess which team leads the NFL in arrests since 2000?

OK, the question is not hard: It's the Cincinnati Bengals with 31, one more than Minnesota and six more than Jacksonville, Denver and Kansas City. The Cleveland Browns are ninth with 20. The information is courtesy of Brent Schrotenboer of the San Diego Union-Tribune, which has compiled a database involving arrests of NFL players that were more serious than speeding tickets.

Cincinnati is tied with Jacksonville for the most arrests since 2005, with 20 apiece, but is well down the list since 2007. The Bengals have had nine arrests since then, but Jacksonville leads with 15, followed by Denver and Miami with 12 each and Tampa Bay and Atlanta with 10. Pittsburgh has had nine.

Cincinnati might be making a move, though. Cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones, whom the Bengals recently signed, has six listings on Schrotenboer's database, all while he played with the Tennessee Titans.

SaintDawgâ„¢

Football, baseball, basketball, wine, women, walleye
N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

Yea, count the guys on the team, count how many each has been arrested EVER.. and thats your total.

Didn't the Vikes have like 8 guys arrested in one incident on that boating while intoxicated thing?

I don't believe all those Vikings were actually arrested.

And, yes, what you summarized above is exactly how it should be counted. Though, I would be a bit nicer and only count arrests after the age of 18.

#gmstrong
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk The Smack Shack Another Bengal Arrested! Go Figure lol.

Link Copied to Clipboard