A
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
A
Quote:

After three seasons on the sidelines, Matt Stewart signs with Steelers
Posted by Michael David Smith on June 8, 2010 8:44 AM ET
Matt Stewart played for the Falcons and Browns from 2001 to 2006 and was a starting linebacker in both spots. But he never played in a regular-season game in 2007, 2008 or 2009.

Stewart isn't done in the NFL, however, and he's trying to make it with the Steelers as a long snapper.

Alex Marvez of FoxSports.com reports that Stewart was signed to take the place of Jared Retkofsky, the long snapper who was released last week. The Steelers' regular long snapper, Greg Warren, suffered a torn ACL for the second consecutive season in December.

In the last two years Stewart went to training camp with the Cardinals and Cowboys but was released before the season started.

web page

Just another reason Pontbriand is the still the best Botch Davis draft pick.

"The medium for the bad news was ESPN, which figured. The network represents much of what is loud, obnoxious and empty in sports today."
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

After three seasons on the sidelines, Matt Stewart signs with Steelers
Posted by Michael David Smith on June 8, 2010 8:44 AM ET
Matt Stewart played for the Falcons and Browns from 2001 to 2006 and was a starting linebacker in both spots. But he never played in a regular-season game in 2007, 2008 or 2009.

Stewart isn't done in the NFL, however, and he's trying to make it with the Steelers as a long snapper.

Alex Marvez of FoxSports.com reports that Stewart was signed to take the place of Jared Retkofsky, the long snapper who was released last week. The Steelers' regular long snapper, Greg Warren, suffered a torn ACL for the second consecutive season in December.

In the last two years Stewart went to training camp with the Cardinals and Cowboys but was released before the season started.

web page

Just another reason Pontbriand is the still the best Botch Davis draft pick.

Butch davis resigned midway through the 2004 season,, Stewart showed up in 2005, after Butch was gone. Stewart entered the league with the Falcons in 2001...

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
N
Legend
Legend
N
pretty sure he was playing off the fact that Stewart is trying out as the long-snapper for the Steelers (one of our 2 consistent positions of the past few regimes along with kicker)

#gmstrong
A
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
A
Pontbriand was drafted in the 2003 draft, while Botch was still with the Browns. Matt Stewart played LBer for us under Romeo. The fact that the Steelers are on their 3rd LS since Dec of last seaosn I was highlighting that PontBriand was Botch's best draft pick considering we're not bringing in a a lber to play LS who hasn't played in the league in the 3 years.

"The medium for the bad news was ESPN, which figured. The network represents much of what is loud, obnoxious and empty in sports today."
Legend
Legend
Ahh,, Ok,, I misunderstood,, I thought you thought he was drafted by Davis... OK,, I got it now...

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Wow.. the Steelers have a guy in camp that couldn't cut it as a linebacker and is now trying out to be a long snapper.... and that gets a thread? It must be SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOW.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
I'm surprised that they didn't go after James Dearth if they wanted a former Brown and current Long Snapper.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Just another reason Pontbriand is the still the best

I have been telling everybody that since the day he was drafted, but since I like to joke around nobody has been taking me seriously

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
I would prefer that the Steelers let James Harrison handle long-snapping duties.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

Just another reason Pontbriand is the still the best

I have been telling everybody that since the day he was drafted, but since I like to joke around nobody has been taking me seriously

I've never doubted it.

My sig is tongue in cheek, but it is also a statement.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend
I am a fan of Pontbriand. The Botch draft really was about the best thang he left us before he crumpled. This guy is steady and sure. Folks joke about this job and overlook it as a novelty much of the time. But we take it for granted (until they screw up, often a game-changer error). I am a pimp for our pro bowler; Matt ain't to this bar yet.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Former Browns Matt Stewart Joins the Steelers

Link Copied to Clipboard