Next Thread
Print Thread
R
Rambo Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
R
Has anyone been watching Hard Knocks featuring the New York Jets? Pretty entertaining thus far. Rex Ryan seems like a guy you'd want to play for. The players using "Shake Weights" during last nights episode was pretty funny stuff.

That being said, I think the Jets are going to go through a major collapse this year. While Rex Ryan seems like a good coach, I doubt he could handle adversity if the Jets start slowly this season. I'm also not a huge fan of Mark Sanchez. If the Browns would have drafted him last year and he had the same stats as he had with the Jets, all the national pundits would be calling him a bust.

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Rex Ryan is your favorite uncle who sneaks you beer when your parents say no.

His brother is the same way. They're both excellent coordinators but the Jets are going to implode this year. Truth is, last year's roster was largely shaped by Mangini...and this year more flash and bravado was added. It never works out.

I
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I
Funny stuff that comes out of Rex Ryans mouth .

C
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
C
I love it when people actually assume teams will implode at some point......usually those teams come off winning seasons....
when was the last time the Browns had a winning season and predicted to implode the next season?

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Umm ... 2008

LIbertatem Defendimus!!

2010 Dawgtalkers NCAA Bracket Challenge Champ!!
Legend
Legend
What I find funny is that even with all the hoopla, Ryans Jets had the same record last year that the Mangini led Jets had the year before in the regular season...

If the division breaks had gone Manginis way in his last year with the Jets, he probably wouldn't be our coach today.. Funny isn't it.

Yet,, because they got into the playoffs, somehow people think that the Jets under Ryan are better than the Jets under Mangini...

Fact is, if you look at the two years side by side,, to me it seems as if the Mangini led Jets were a better team... statistically anyway.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nyj/

so, to me it's all a bunch of nonsense.. I sure hope that Hardknocks never comes to the Browns....

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
If Brett Favres arm doesn't crap out so they lose 4 of their last 5 games.... there is NO DOUBT which team was better. Of course Favre was going to need replaced one way or the other.. so who knows which coach would have made them better long term..

I'm glad Mangini is here though

yebat' Putin
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum HBO's Hard Knocks: New York Jets

Link Copied to Clipboard