Next Thread
Print Thread
#546243 11/19/10 10:41 AM
N
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
N
I know there are several folks here who re-watch the games for in-depth review. I used to do this years ago on my computer but it just got too depressing. I have a feeling it's about to get a lot more fun.

We also used to have a thread more geared to this type of play-by-play review. One problem might be that it sometimes takes a few days to see a replay film and the gameday thread dies off rather quickly.

Many here have in-depth and/or position-specific knowledge of the game, either from playing, coaching, or both. That insight has often greatly benefited me, and I am sure many others. I would like to access this resource in a somewhat more structured way.

There are often nit-picky disagreements which film analysis can clarify, or at least to let others see clearly what the heck the argument is about.

We could call it "Second Thoughts", or "Let me show you What I Saw". I'm looking for specific, time-stamped examples of plays, technique, and choices, both good and bad, good pass, bad block, holding, PI, perfect pass, bad route, etc. Especially the kinds of things most "follow the ball" fans do not see, or do not fully appreciate. What Vickers does would be one example. Why Robiskie sucks could be another.

I would like to clearly state that I would claim no ownership or rights to such a thread, and promise that at no time will I throw a hissy fit regardless of how it turns out.

A secondary, long term goal might be to compile a "best-of", instructional type video - Here is how you run a Screen Pass. Here is how you defend a Screen Pass. Now that such a thing could actually be done with the Browns as the good guys, instead of the "Here is how you fail at ..." example, it might be kinda fun.

I am not suggesting that actual video be posted, just game-clock time-stamped references to particular plays. Like the sacks we missed in the Jets game. Bad tackling, poor angle, just enough block, what happened there?

Anybody interested?

Legend
Legend
I've been keeping each game from week to week for just this purpose.

I think it's a great idea.

Now, I'm not certain how much help I'd be with analysis, but having the game footage would be great for me to look at after some sage wisdom gets planted here by others.

Hope this idea gets off the ground, Nelson. It could be a real positive on the boards.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
C
All Pro
All Pro
C
I know this isn't what you wanted, but here is a 1 min clip of the game from my seats.

http://www.youtube.com/v/IZNagGYUQx4

P
All Pro
All Pro
P
Nice Seats!!!

I was wondering what happened after that first play. TV panned away from Ward and all you saw was guys from both teams running over.

B
All Pro
All Pro
B
The play to Hillis earlier near the goaline... if you were at home. The announcer said something to the effect. Boy, if Cleveland goes back to that they have an easy touchdown to Watson in the corner of the endzone. I don't see it... sure after he throws to Hillis, Watson is open. But it would take a really good read and a pump fake to probably pull that one off. Not as easy as the announcer made it sound... Thanks for the video

"I'm a mog. Half man, half dog. I'm my own best friend."
C
All Pro
All Pro
C
It is pretty obvious to me that on that play it is going to Hillis no matter what. There weren't any reads besides if somebody jumped Hillis' route. Watson ran the pattern to take a player away from where the play was going.

N
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
N
More like this -

At 10:04 in OT, they are showing several angles on the MoMass fumble and Robiskie recovery attempt. It is pretty clear that his original angle is correct, or at least decent, but as the Jet kicks the ball he is unable to make the play. He may be losing his balance or he may be attempting to dive on the ball as he goes down. It doesn't look real smooth.

He is trailing the play at some distance as contact is made. He does not hustle to the ball until the fumble is out. Is he supposed to stay out of the way or attempt to block somebody?

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Game Film Analysis?

Link Copied to Clipboard