Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
So we have a possible 4-way tie brewing for the final playoff spot going into this last weekend of the regular season. Our 1st tiebreaker is the head to head matchup.

Below are the results of the H2H matchups between the 4 teams (changed team names to try and make it easier)

Cowboys beat the Eagles and Packers but lost to the Saints

Saints beat the Eagles and Cowboys but lost to the Packers

The Packers beat the Saints and lost to the Cowboys and Eagles

The Eagles beat the Packers and lost to the Saints and Cowboys

I just want to make sure I am doing this right and not screwing anyone, does anyone win the head to head tiebreaker, or do we need to go to the 2nd tiebreaker (total points) to break this?

Eat it Phil...
Legend
Legend
2nd tiebreaker.

E
All Pro
All Pro
E
I hate H2H as the second tiebreaker, it only really works if only 2 teams have the same record. In your case with 4 teams it gets ugly!

I think the Saints qualify as they have a 2-1 H2H record and beat the only other team (Cowboys) with an equally good 2-1 H2H record.

Next season make it points scored its sooo much easier

Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Quote:

I hate H2H as the second tiebreaker, it only really works if only 2 teams have the same record. In your case with 4 teams it gets ugly!

I think the Saints qualify as they have a 2-1 H2H record and beat the only other team (Cowboys) with an equally good 2-1 H2H record.

Next season make it points scored its sooo much easier

The Packers beat the Saints in the H2H though, I think it has to go to the 2nd tiebreaker, total pts scored.

Eat it Phil...
E
All Pro
All Pro
E
If H2H is the second decider then the Packers aren't in the equation as they have a 1-2 H2H record?

Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Quote:

If H2H is the second decider then the Packers aren't in the equation as they have a 1-2 H2H record?

H2H is the first tiebreaker, total points is the 2nd tiebreaker if H2H cant break the tie.

Its the H2H matchup between each team, not the overall H2H records between the teams.

Eat it Phil...
N
Legend
Legend
N
Quote:

Its the H2H matchup between each team, not the overall H2H records between the teams.

if that's the case, then you have to go to the 2nd tiebreaker unless someone went undefeated against the others. that's why overall H2H is usually used.

anyways, just go to the 2nd tiebreaker and let the chips fall where they may.

#gmstrong
E
All Pro
All Pro
E
In my league its the overall H2H for the teams in the tie-breaker. If your league is set as you said then, it would have to go to total points.

Practice Squad
Practice Squad
What no Browns or did they go undefeated and dont have to worry about any tie breakers. LOL.. Had to say it. Looks to me you have to go with the points to break the tiebreaker as stated by others.

The Pieces Of The Browns Puzzle Is Falling Into Place And I Cant Wait Till Its Finally Finished [Linked Image from memberfiles.freewebs.com]
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
there are a variety of different ways for the second tie-breaker.. Points is the easiest.. A league I am in uses power rankings as it's second tie breaker which requires a formula...

Another way is record based on similar opponents.. though that is more cumbersome... I'd say stick with points for..

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"Don't be burdened by regrets or make your failures an obsession or become embittered or possessed by ruined hopes"
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Fantasy & Gaming Fantasy Football Tiebreaker question (playoffs)

Link Copied to Clipboard