Next Thread
Print Thread
K
KIDD20 Offline OP
1st String
OP Offline
1st String
K
I am not sure how to embed a video but this is pretty awesome. I am sure Coach K, Izzo, Calapari, Williams, etc have this kid on their radar.. If someone can post the video, that would be awesome.. Enjoy..

http://www.komonews.com/home/video/111892554.html

About 8-months ago, a kid named Jordan McCabe and his family moved here from Wisconsin. Jordan, as it turns out, can play a little basketball. In fact, it's quite possible you've never seen anything like him before. It's this week's episode of, "The Little Heroes."

1st String
1st String

K
KIDD20 Offline OP
1st String
OP Offline
1st String
K
Thanks Dude..

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Wow, kid can ball. We had some good dudes down at the YMCA when I was a kid, but never anything like that.

1st String
1st String
I am a middle school basketball coach. I haven't seen anyone with talent that comes close to this kid. He could compete with the Varsity players on most teams, at least in Western Pennsylvania. If he continues to progress and get some size, he'll be a nice player for a lucky college.

Legend
Legend
Well .... if he doesn't make it to the pros, he could be a GlobeTrotter.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
That vid is narrated like A Christmas Story . . . Two hours a day in a gym? I wonder what kind of grades he gets . . . .

1st String
1st String
Quote:

That vid is narrated like A Christmas Story . . . Two hours a day in a gym? I wonder what kind of grades he gets . . . .

Two hours isn't very long...basketball practice after school is normally 3-5 for me. If a student plays a fall, winter, and spring sport, they are in the gym 2 hours a day the entire school year as well.

P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
Reminds me of a movie I saw about Pistol Pete Maravich.

The same sort of dedication to fundamentals abilities. Only difference being In Pete's day the fancy stuff or no look passing wasn't appreciated for a while. All the kid needs now are some old fashoned Converse and some floppy socks and he'd be a dead ringer...LOL

I thought I was wrong once....but I was mistaken...

What's the use of wearing your lucky rocketship underpants if nobody wants to see them????
Legend
Legend
Little man, you have crazy mad skils. Bouncy, bouncy! KnowwhuttImean? Incredible stuff!

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Probably better than most.. I have found with my own kids the busier they are, the better they do in school, the more free time they have, the less work they do..

Kids got good skills, based on his dad it doesn't look like he's ever going to see the plus side of 6 feet tall though so I'm not sure how far he could go. Maybe he should have spent the two hours a day on golf or baseball..

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
And1 here he comes.

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Kids got good skills, based on his dad it doesn't look like he's ever going to see the plus side of 6 feet tall though so I'm not sure how far he could go. Maybe he should have spent the two hours a day on golf or baseball..

That's what I was thinking. Watching the video, the kids seems plenty coordinated. But his dad isn't tall and lanky. We also don't know how athletic he'll be when he's in his late teens.

Athleticism is key in basketball, and to play in the NBA you generally have to be ridiculously athletic as well as very talented if you're not the right height.

Basketball could be the most competitive sport in the world. So many people play, yet there are only 30 teams. About 12 guys on a team, that makes 360 people that play at any given time.

He looks good on this video, but we see extremely talented kids all the time. Very few become great ALA Tiger Woods

UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

That's what I was thinking. Watching the video, the kids seems plenty coordinated. But his dad isn't tall and lanky. We also don't know how athletic he'll be when he's in his late teens.

Athleticism is key in basketball, and to play in the NBA you generally have to be ridiculously athletic as well as very talented if you're not the right height.

Basketball could be the most competitive sport in the world. So many people play, yet there are only 30 teams. About 12 guys on a team, that makes 360 people that play at any given time.

He looks good on this video, but we see extremely talented kids showing off their skills in sports all the time. Very few become great ALA Tiger Woods

UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
Legend
Legend
Gheesh,, that kid DOES have some skills... wow

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Tell it to Spud Webb ;-)

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
J/C

Wasn't this same kid posted here in a similar vid last year? The beginning of this vid says they recently moved, may be a news station in their new hometown did a new story on him like the old one did......I swear it was on here but couldn't find it with the brilliant SEARCH features available on these UBB boards..........was curious if it was the same kid........

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum This kid has got major skills...

Link Copied to Clipboard