Next Thread
Print Thread
#566779 02/06/11 12:30 AM
B
All Pro
OP Offline
All Pro
B
Awesome... kids love it. I love it. It's like wii on steroids. Don't think it will allow us to get rid of controllers for good. But for some games it is very neat. For others... I can see it playing a similiar role as shaking your wii controller to make Mario spin... Say for instance your playing madden and no longer press the truck stick. You just do the motion yourself with the controller in you hand.

I've played the sports and adventure game... both are really fun with the family. I can't believe how well it really works with responding to your motions. Differentiating between all of what's going on in the room... working for more than 1 person... voice activated... etc. Cool stuff. Anybody else had a chance yet to play with this??

"I'm a mog. Half man, half dog. I'm my own best friend."
Barfolemew #566780 02/06/11 04:46 AM
L
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
L
I know Kinects are selling like hotcakes, I know they are great for families, I know there are some really cool mods out there, and I also know its not for me. Glad to hear you're having fun with it. I think Playstation underestimated the kinect even though I would rather have the Move than kinect IF i had to pick one.

The mods are real interesting. If you got some time look up Kinect mods through google and you will see some really cool non-gaming applications. Also it seems that at first Kinect was "racist" cause it had a hard time picking up African-Americans seems like a big oversight there. Other than recognizing minorities I haven't heard any complains about the kinect. There's the story if anyone is interested:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/209708/is_microsofts_kinect_racist.html

Go Browns!!

[Linked Image]
Barfolemew #566781 02/06/11 11:47 AM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The games suck for it, atleast for now they do. I really love the ping pong on kinect sports but the rest is blah. Fortunately we have UFC Trainer, Star wars and Child of Eden coming out this year. Should be great.

Mourgrym #566782 02/07/11 09:48 AM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
the games are not that great, agreed. but i have been using "your shape" workout and its been great!

Barfolemew #566783 02/07/11 11:31 AM
F
Legend
Legend
F
Watched our neighbors kid play some dancing game with it. Was surprised at how well it picked up his motions.

In time more games will come to it, and the technology will evolve. Remember, at one time the original Nintento pad controller, with it's directional pad and 2 buttons, was a revolution in game interaction.

Some "experts" are saying interaction with TVs, appliances, etc will change in the future. TVs will work on voice, movement, and/or cellphone control and be gone with the standard remote. Appliances will all be internet accessible and send status updates to your phone, and be controllable from anywhere.

A lot of this tech is already there, but in 10 years most of it will be standard equipped.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Fantasy & Gaming Kinect!?!

Link Copied to Clipboard