Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
CDawg Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
I've posted many times on this site about the Leukemia society fundraiser that also gives people 30% off their shopping. I posted today and don't see it now...

What happened this time to remove it when it's been posted many times before? As the post said, I gained nothing from it personally.

Are people so wealthy around here that they snub their noses at 30% off?

If it's there and just hiding from me, I apologize in advance.

[Linked Image from i45.tinypic.com]
R
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
R
I did not remove it, but I'm guessing this is the reason why it was:

From the Rules of the Pound

SITE PIMPING/ADVERTISING

Please note that it is not appropriate to make posts solely for the purpose of advertising your own site or any other site. These are considered to be posts of solicitation, and are not allowed for any reason unless permission is explicitly given by a moderator to the contrary. This includes both within posts as well as within signatures.

Thanks for understanding.

Steeler
Steeler
He was allowed to post a coupon Nov. 9th of last year.

Here's the thread

So he either DID get permission from Purp, or the refs missed that thread altogether.

I remember certain times in the past where you guys gave him a hard time about it.

Just let him post the thread.....sheesh.

Legend
Legend
There have been about 6 or 7 different times when that same type of post has been allowed, and they are all in the Tailgate if you go back far enough. There are others for deals on laptops, pizzas, and other offers as well.

I understand the rule, and the intent of the rule, but this isn't a guy pimping his own site ..... it's someone passing along a discount offer to other people. It's been allowed in the past, an dperhaps we can get clarification as to whether or not this type of thing is allowed, or not. (for future reference)

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
I think we should form a posters union and negotiate for it!

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
On the other hand, maybe we should de-certify and negotiate our own rules individually.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
I'm glad that you have so much free time to research this... did it take you all 8 days since the Ref answered the question and gave a definitive answer to the poster?

Can you please compile the information in a spreadsheet for me, perhaps with some graphs? That'd be great. Thanks.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Steeler
Steeler
Well damnnn. Who pooped in your Wheaties?

Legend
Legend
OK so the other 5 or 6 times this has happened in the past were wrong.

That's all I was asking. I honestly wasn't trying to start, or participate in, a war.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Fan Feedback Forum ? post deleted for a 30% off coupon ?

Link Copied to Clipboard