Print Thread
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...ichael-floyd-2/

"Supplemental draft could include Notre Dame’s Michael Floyd
Posted by Evan Silva on March 21, 2011, 7:04 PM EDT
Michael Floyd AP

Whether the mid-July supplemental draft will take place as usual is unclear, but if the NFL does go through with it, the top prospect available may be Notre Dame wide receiver Michael Floyd.

Floyd was arrested early Sunday for DUI, giving him two alcohol-related arrests in the past 14 months. Notre Dame coach Brian Kelly announced in a Monday statement that Floyd has been suspended indefinitely from the program.

Kelly encouraged Floyd, a team captain, to “get his life in order” as he awaits further potential discipline from Notre Dame’s Office of Resident Life.

If Floyd’s suspension extends into the season or results in his expulsion, he could consider transferring to a lower-level, FCS school or begin training for the possibility that the NFL will hold a supplemental draft.

Floyd, a former five-star recruit, is listed at 6-foot-3 and 227 pounds. In three seasons, he set the Notre Dame all-time record for touchdown catches despite missing nine games due to injury. Floyd considered declaring for the NFL draft after his junior year, but opted to return to school after reportedly receiving a third-round grade from the Draft Advisory Committee.

Draftniks believe the committee’s third-round projection was much too conservative, however. Russ Lande of Sporting News contends that Floyd would’ve been a first-rounder and the third receiver off the board this April, behind only A.J. Green of Georgia and Julio Jones of Alabama."
-----------------------------------------------------
Floyd has always impressed me as a receiver at ND. ND is one of the schools I watch because they're on every week, and so it's easy to root for them.

Two DUI's is an alarming number, but the guy was also Team Captain and his talent is undeniable. He's quick, tall, makes big time plays, and has good hands.

He's also very young. I hope that Heckert looks into this and possibly interviews him if he goes into the supplemental. I really don't like any of the receivers after Julio Jones. If Floyd was in the draft this year, I would have liked to have picked him up in the 2nd round (if he was available).

May be we could drop a 2nd round supplemental pick on the guy (or third) and get ourselves a talented WR. He has more skills than Robo and MoMass, that's for sure. The two DUI's is definitely alarming (one you can sorta understand, but two is a terrible look), but I'd at least like to really take a look into him.

Michael Floyd has NFL starting talent, there's definitely no denying that. He's been good since he was a frosh at ND. He's also the third best receiver that could be in the NFL next year

Last edited by PeteyDangerous; 03/22/11 08:16 AM.

UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
Legend
Legend
Well, Holmgren did draft Koren Robinson.

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Quote:

I really don't like any of the receivers after Julio Jones.

Really? There are several I'd be happy with Heckert picking up in the 2nd.

And Floyd seems like bad news, but in the supplemental, he'd be cheap, right? Worth a shot, I guess . . .

A
All Pro
All Pro
A
he has great hands. may not be elite like Green or Jones or the Pitt WR yet if we pass on green he would be a fine supplemental pick.

Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
He's far more elite than the WR out of Pitt IMO (Baldwin). Is he Julio Jones or AJ Green, no, but he definitely has the ability to be a good NFL receiver. And who knows, who could end up being better than both those guys.

I just watch the guy play and he is the best player on the ND offense. Non-stop good plays

UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

And Floyd seems like bad news, but in the supplemental, he'd be cheap, right? Worth a shot, I guess . . .

I could see someone using a 2nd on him in the supplemental. 3rd at the lowest.

Joe Thomas made Justin Timberlake change his name. He didn't want wusses to have the same initials...

Dawg Talker since 3/26/2005...
C
Legend
Legend
C
I was going to say the same thing. If he could use our 3rd round pick on him in the supplemental draft that would be a steal. He has 1st round talent and it's not like he's consistently in trouble. Half the NFL has gotten a DUI at this point.

DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season NFL Draft (2013) Michael Floyd in the Supplemental?

Link Copied to Clipboard