B
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
B

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...est-at-combine/

Report: Justin Houston, Christian Ballard failed drug test at Combine

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on April 26, 2011, 9:42 AM EDT

Georgia defensive end Justin Houston and Iowa defensive tackle Christian Ballard both failed drug tests for marijuana at the NFL Scouting Combine according to Alex Marvez and Jay Glazer of FOX.

The information comes as news to us, but it’s possible teams have been aware of the result for a while now. Houston has been talked about as a potential late first-round draft pick, but the failure will be a red flag for teams that already questioned his snap-to-snap energy.

Ballard was projected as high as a second round pick by some draft analysts.

Plenty of players have been caught for smoking weed before and they still were drafted highly. Coaches know that a large segment of every team smokes, making the drug test at the Combine an intelligence test more than anything.

Houston and Ballard apparently failed that intelligence test. We don’t think it will completely ruin their stock on draft day, but it certainly won’t help.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
And the Cincinnati Bengals select ....

Legend
Legend
thank you...

maybe Houston will fall to us in the 2nd for sure now.. Heckert doesn't care.

not a smart move by either player though...

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Coaches know that a large segment of every team smokes, making the drug test at the Combine an intelligence test more than anything.

They failed the smoke screen.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Quote:

Coaches know that a large segment of every team smokes, making the drug test at the Combine an intelligence test more than anything.

Niiiiiice........

How hard is it to avoid smoking for 30 days before arguably the biggest drug test you will ever have to pass? I used to enjoy smoking some weed every once in awhile, nowadays I smoke maybe once or twice a year---but these guys just appear to be dumb.

Or maybe they were just in some situation where they felt like, "what the hell," I am gonna get drafted regardless, so let me get high with these three hot chickies and what-ev. Some weird once in a lifetime situation where, they felt, the experience was worth the dropping draft stock----who knows.

They are college kids after all, that age group is legendary when it comes to questionable life decisions, priorities.

What a coupla maroons.

I wish to wash my Irish wristwatch......
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Exactly. It's hardly a state secret that there will be drug tests at the combine.

It's not so much the fact that smoked grass as much as it is that they're stupid.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Dunces. Fits the CincitucKY draft profile now. Stooooopid!

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

And the Cincinnati Bengals select ....

I think I chuckled for 5 minutes after I read this.

"People who drink light 'beer' don't like the taste of beer; they just like to pee a lot."
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season NFL Draft (2013) Justin Houston and Christian Ballard failed drug test at Combine . . .

Link Copied to Clipboard