Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#588619 04/27/11 01:47 AM
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
1 day to go so lets see them

Heckertt wants to build a front 7 kind of like the colts. However, SPEED is crucial to their scheme....and we lack speed. I have a draft idea if we want speed on the team

1. Nick Fairley
2. Torrey Smith
3. Donta Moch
4. Greg Jones
5. Ricky Elmore
6. Tyrod Taylor
6. Noel Devine
7. Blaine Sumner

Legend
Legend
1. R. Quinn DE UNC
2. R. Cobb WR Kentucky
3. J. Carpenter OT Alabama
4. T. McClain DT South Florida
5. G. Romeus DE Pitt
6. T. Taylor QB Va Tech
6. B. Rolle OLB OSU
7. S. Havili FB USC

H
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
H
1.Peterson
2.Derek Sherrod
3.Greg Little
4.Dion Lewis
4.Joseph Barksdale
6.Sione Fua

This isn't what I think we'll do just what I hope for. I think we'd have to trade up a few for Sherrod and the same goes for Barksdale, so I'm assuming there's some trades going on.

Legend
Legend
I hope Heckert builds a defense like the Eagles..

Eagles D > Colts D

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
N
Legend
Legend
N
Ok, this is not quite best-case scenario for me, but it's close.

1. Patrick Peterson, CB, LSU
2. Cameron Heyward, DE, OSU (well, one of the high rated DL is going to drop to the 2nd)
3. Orlando Franklin, OT, Miami
4. Vincent Brown, WR, SD State
5. Ahmad Black, FS, Florida
6. Edmond Gates, WR, Abiline Christian
6. Delone Carter, RB, Syracuse
7. Sealver Siliga, DT, Utah

#gmstrong
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Quote:

I hope Heckert builds a defense like the Eagles..

Eagles D > Colts D

Scheme and size wise they are the same. Small undersized DEs that are quick and rush the passer. Small quick LBs. DT that are quick penetrators.

U
All Pro
All Pro
U
6- Robert Quinn, DE, UNC
37- Torrey Smith, WR, Maryland
70- Marcus Gilchrist, CB/S, Clemson
102- Nate Irving, LB, NC State
137- Chris Hairston, OT, Clemson
168- Martin Parker, DT, Richmond
170- Justin Rogers, CB, Richmond
248- Chris Neild, DT, West Virginia

Legend
Legend
just to be clear, my mock is what I think will happen, not necessarily what I would do. Cobb seems like a real "home run hitter on offense."

I'd prefer we go DL, DL, OL/WR, WR/OL/DL, DL/WR, then BPA, BPA, BPA

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
As a Kentucky fan, I can tell you, Cobb is going to be a monster in the NFL.

At Kentucky, he was going up against far more talented teams than us, and defenses that KNEW he was going to get the ball. At the next level, when he's not going to be the main focus, he's going to succeed.

N
Legend
Legend
N
my updated full 1st round mock draft

1. Carolina Panthers – Cam Newton – I'm not sold and think they should pick Peterson, Dareus or Green, but all indications seem to be that they will nab Newton.
2. Denver Broncos – Marcel Dareus – Broncos are switching back to a 4-3 defense. As such, they need DL desperately. Dareus is a fantastic DT who is stronger at the point than Fairley and doesn’t get out of his lane as often.
3. Buffalo Bills – Von Miller - I think they should take Peterson, but I'm not running their warroom and they are apparently really high on paper tiger Von Miller.
4. Cincinnati Bengals – AJ Green – I think that even if they let Ocho and TO leave that they are okay at WR (Shipley, Caldwell, possibly even Simpson), but that the lure of getting the best remaining talent is what will drive this pick. Also, possibly a last ditch effort of trying to keep Carson Palmer happy (I believe they will go through one more year of forced-marriage before separation).
5. Arizona Cardinals – Blaine Gabbert – Max Hall and John Skelton. Unless Philly, Cinci or Washington trade them a starting QB or they decide to go with Vince Young, they are forced to choose from a relatively weak crop of QBs. They could wait until the 2nd round and pickup Colin Kaepernick, but that might be too risky for them.
6. Cleveland Browns – Patrick Peterson - I hope I am not being too optimistic, but the top5 picks seem relatively stable (barring a trade). If we land the last elite talent on the board, I will be very happy. If we draft someone else with an elite talent on the board, I will be frustrated.
7. San Francisco 49ers - Cameron Jordan – Interesting choice as this team has a lot of good talent but hasn’t been able to put it all together. Jordan can make life miserable on OTs though, which Harbaugh knows from having to scheme against him. Having him and Justin Smith as bookends is a pretty good way to start building a DL.
8. Tennessee Titans – Nick Fairley– If any coach can get the most out of Fairley, it is his DL coach from Auburn. He is definitely talented and if schemed properly (basically LBs told to cover up his lane), then he can be a force.
9. Dallas Cowboys – Prince Amukumara – if you were subjected to as many Cowboy games as I was last year, then you would know that they have to pick secondary in this draft. If Rahim Moore drops to them in round2, they likely take him too. Heck, this might be our trade-down option that no one is talking about. If Peterson falls to us, then Jerry might overpay to get him.
10. Washington Redskins – Robert Quinn– they should take Robert Quinn with this pick, but they also need a WR and Julio could really help open things up for them. They likely would be disappointed to not be able to grab one of the 2 QBs many have going high in the 1st round, but they could keep a patchy relationship with McNabb for one more year.
11. Houston Texans – Aldon Smith – they desperately need secondary help. So, why do I have them taking Aldon Smith? Simply because Wade Phillips has them transitioning to a 3-4 defense and they will need as much QB-pressure as they can get to mask their secondary concerns, which will not all be filled. Mario at DE on one side and Aldon Smith at OLB on the other will at least keep OLs thinking.
12. Minnesota Vikings – JJ Watt – they pride themselves on their DL, but are getting older and may lose Edwards as well. Watt allows their vets to rotate more often and gives them a succession plan. I know it’s not considered their most urgent need, but their defense revolves around their DL dominance which dropped off last year and I think Frasier goes for the fix there with the best available.
13. Detroit Lions – Tyron Smith – job #1 is to keep fragile Stafford protected. It’s a weak OT class, but Tyron Smith can possibly play either side, which is why I think the Lions tab him.
14. St. Louis – Julio Jones – Julio Jones is the obvious pick, if he happens to last like he does in this mock. I don’t think they reach to the next tier of WRs, so if not then they grab another young DL for what should be becoming the strength of their defense.
15. Miami Dolphins – Corey Liuget - disruptive, athletic force on the interior. Great fit for the Dolphins and I think a more urgent need than RB, which most sites have them tabbed.
16. JAX Jaguars – D'Qwan Bowers – at this point, it should be obvious that this is a deep DL class. Bowers drops because of his knee issues but he fills an urgent need for the Jags as they have unsuccessfully been drafting DL high and still can’t get to the QB.
17. NE Patriots – Muhammed Wilkerson – The more I look at NE, the more I think they need to retool their DL. Wilkerson can provide youth at the DE spot and give them a building block on their defense.
18. SD Chargers – Phil Taylor – AJ Smith likes to build with beef on the DL. Well, not many have the beef that Mr. Taylor has in this draft.
19. NY Giants – Mark Ingram – well, if they lose Brandon Jacobs and keep Bradshaw, then they just keep on keeping on with this pick. I think Leshoure is better, but Ingram is more likely to go first.
20. TB Bucs – Ryan Kerrigan – they have a young DL that should only get better. Adding Kerrigan gives them a complete DL of young potential monsters. If they can grow together, then they will be able to get to the QB w/o help from their LB which will be key in a division that features Ryan and Brees.
21. KC Chiefs - Gabe Carimi – there’s actually a lot of directions they could go with this pick. They need a CB, LB, DL too. But, I think they want to show that losing Weis isn’t going to affect them and Cassell is only good when he has time in the pocket.
22. Indy Colts – Brandon Harris - I could see them taking Pouncey here to solidify their line more, but they can’t ignore their defense. Harris is a solid tackler, which is a premium skill in the tampa-2 scheme as CBs cannot afford to miss tackles.
23. Philly Eagles – Martez Wilson – best available talent for their defensive scheme. He could fill their need at SOLB or takeover at MLB. Either way, it’s a smart pick for Philly as they need LBs.
24. New Orleans – Aaron Williams – CB depth and talent was their undoing last year. Aaron Williams has the best cover skills of those remaining, which is what is needed with Greg Williams gambling style of defense.
25. Seattle Seahawks - Anthony Costanzo – really, they are a prime candidate to trade down because they have many holes to fill and there are no true obvious BPA at this spot. If they could pickup an early 2nd & 3rd to trade down, I think they will.
26. Baltimore Ravens – Jimmy Smith – not really a secret they need secondary help. He’s the BPA there and they won't worry about his character issues.
27. Atlanta Falcons – Torrey Smith – with Roddy White commanding all the attention, Torrey could be huge for that offense.
28. NE Patriots – Justin Houston – getting to Mark Sanchez is the key to winning their division. Houston will help there. Adding Wilkerson and Houston pretty much changes the outlook of NE's defense.
29. Chicago Bears – Nate Solder – do I really even need to say that they have to grab some OL help?
30. NY Jets – Brooks Reed – NE is trying to get to Sanchez and NY is trying to get to Brady (much tougher since Brady reads/reacts better). Whoever does a better job, wins the division.
31. Pittsburgh Steelers – Derek Sherrod – while the OT talent isn’t great in this draft, there are 5 guys all bunched together as being pretty decent. The Steelers get the last of them here.
32. GB Packers – Cameron Heyward – Thompson has been golden with his picks. Here’s another one. They could use OL support as well because Rodgers likes to hold onto the ball, but they tend to just draft BPA and Heyward is just that here.

#gmstrong
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season NFL Draft (2013) Final Mock Drafts

Link Copied to Clipboard