B
Practice Squad
OP Offline
Practice Squad
B
Bills receiver Paul Hubbard arrested for DWI after vehicle hits officer
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on July 24, 2011, 6:50 PM EDT
P. Hubbard

Bills wide receiver Paul Hubbard was arrested for DWI on Sunday morning, according to Doug Sampson of Your News Now in Buffalo.

Don’t feel too bad if you aren’t familiar with Hubbard’s NFL work. A sixth-round pick of the Browns in 2008, he has one career catch in two games. (He started last season in Cincinnati, before shuffling between the Bills practice squad and active roster.)

Hubbard was arrested after his vehicle reportedly hit a Buffalo police officer. The officer was treated at the hospital and released.

````````````````````````````

Not to hate on Paul Hubbard but seeing this just reminds me how bad Crennel/Savage slammed this team into the ground... Such bad draft picks... Braylon, Quinn, Hubbard... some of the trades.. ugh... I guess I'm glad that era is behind us. Sad to think of how much it set us back. What's worse is how many of us bought into Savage and said "In Savage we trust." Ugh. I bought into it and it makes me sick that I did. I guess fans don't know a whole lot.

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

Not to hate on Paul Hubbard but seeing this just reminds me how bad Crennel/Savage slammed this team into the ground... Such bad draft picks... Braylon, Quinn, Hubbard... some of the trades.. ugh... I guess I'm glad that era is behind us. Sad to think of how much it set us back. What's worse is how many of us bought into Savage and said "In Savage we trust." Ugh. I bought into it and it makes me sick that I did. I guess fans don't know a whole lot.

He was a 6th round project pick. Statistically, he was poised not to succeed.

RAC and Savage were a mistake, but Paul Hubbard really isn't the evidence.

B
Practice Squad
OP Offline
Practice Squad
B
Well Quinn was stastically going to be bad considering we gave up a 1st and 2nd rounder for him? I guess just hearing Hubbards name makes me sick. Here we are in 2011 with a rookie HC and 3 weeks to get ready for the regular season. It's hard to imagine anything better than. 6-10 season and thinking about waiting another whole year for possible results from a HC I'm not sold on anyway is just humming me out.

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

Well Quinn was stastically going to be bad considering we gave up a 1st and 2nd rounder for him?

Quite the opposite.

You expect a 1st round quarterback to succeed.

You hope a 6th round project succeeds, but if they don't, it's not a big deal.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Driving under the influence is bad enough, but hitting a police officer with your vehicle? Hard to talk your way out of that.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Bills receiver Paul Hubbard arrested for DWI

Link Copied to Clipboard