Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
I know it's gotta be football season coming up.. all the signs surely point to it!

The evenings are coming sooner, the nights are starting to be in the 60's, we've even had some pre-season games. (And beat the packers)

I have to move DancinDawg back up to Kent State on Sunday for her sophomore year.

Soon after that it's Labor Day weekend I'll smell brats in the air, hear the sis boom bah! of the cheerleaders, I'll be seeing a new coach in the horseshoe, I'll be hearing the TBDBITL playing Across the Field!

And that Labor Day I'll tear apart my plastic NCT tub with all my North Coast Tailgating stuff.. reject things I never used and fill up things I ran out of. I'll bag up all the paper plates and plastic forks. I'll take out all my summer time camping stuff out of the trunk and in the trunk shall go the North Coast Tailgate Tub!

I'll need to get crackin on my fantasy league and get signed up, I'll need to figure out just where the hell I put my password for the Dawgtalkers Pick-ems league on account of I intend to whack all u dweebs this year.

I won't be paying 100 dollar electric bills for AC andmore.. because it's football season!

I tell ya.. is there any better season?

SaintDawg™

Football, baseball, basketball, wine, women, walleye
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Bring it on!!

#gmstrong #gmlapdance
E
All Pro
All Pro
E
Quote:

I'll need to figure out just where the hell I put my password for the Dawgtalkers Pick-ems league on account of I intend to whack all u dweebs this year.

2010/2011 winner: English Dawg
2009/2010 winner: SaintDawg

Is it September yet?

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Deer Bow Season begins September 24th, 2011.

N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
I have to hold out till Oct..I diffently need the extra time this year with targets...Got to be the old eyes...

nordawg

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Drew a mule deer bow tag for Utah this year / Going out the end of October

Legend
Legend

I like that football is about to start, but that's it.
It is always bittersweet for me because it heralds the end of summer, the only season that doesn't suck... and the rapid approach of winter

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend
I applaud the season change. Fall is by far my favorite season, followed up by winter. It's still warm, not hot. Football is here. My buddy and I get to tailgate all the Bears games. MLB season is coming to a close. The NHL is starting up soon. I can ride my motorcycle around town with a jacket on and not sweat to death. The leaves turn colors. And soon I'll be able to snowboard in Wisconsin and Colorado. Fun, fun, and more FUN!

Spring is just slightly warmer winter and then BAM summer starts with 90 degree temps. Boooo!

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
S
Legend
Legend
S
sep-dec are by far my favorite months. the weather is good, other than maybe the tail end of december, but hey it's christmas so who cares, right?

i love having my windows open. i love football on the tube guaranteed every night thursday through monday. man football during the season even seems to be on in some form tuesdays and wednesdays.

C
2nd String
2nd String
C
Quote:

:(

I like that football is about to start, but that's it.
It is always bittersweet for me because it heralds the end of summer, the only season that doesn't suck... and the rapid approach of winter

fall is a pretty great season too, but I agree about winters here; they keep trying to chase me out of ohio

Legend
Legend
I don't know if seasonal affective disorder is real, but it sure feels that way to me. By January/February, I am going nuts.

That being said, I know football season is here when I go out for a walk in the evening. It just has a certain smell to it that feels like football season.

I am unfamiliar with this feeling of optimism
Legend
Legend
I think Fall smells so good because there isn't 90 degree fertilizer wind coming off Iowa and western Illinois. And the same probably goes for Cleveland because of Indiana and NW Ohio.

I could have used a different word for fertilizer, that rhymes with loop, but I wanted to keep it clean.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Legend
Legend
Quote:

I could have used a different word for fertilizer, that rhymes with loop, but I wanted to keep it clean.

I'm not sure why you consider former Surgeon General C. Everett Koop a dirty word?

I am unfamiliar with this feeling of optimism
N
Legend
Legend
N
Fall in TX is like Spring in Ohio.

That first day with the high under 90 degrees just brings out the smiles (like the first day over 50 does there)

#gmstrong
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Quote:

Fall in TX is like Spring in Ohio.

Texas has a fall....or diffrent season for that, my father in law lives in texas and he says it......________ Hot year round....LOL

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Ahh.. Football season. I can tell it's coming.

Link Copied to Clipboard