Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
A
Legend
Legend
A
Quote:

Quote:

Ok Arch now i can agree with some of where your coming from. I have no problem with 30 and out IF they are under the understanding that their pension will be reduced a certain % and never raised and they are responsible for cobra payments for insurance...And when they are eligable for medicare their insurance is done...I suppose they could offer a supplamental insurance for retires to take care of the 20% that medicare doesn't pay, but they have to pay for it...I pay for mine its included in the 800 a month but i also pay my Medicare payment and my precription payment each monthit all totals about 950 a month..I see no problem with other people paying there own way....Maybe they should run things more as a business and there would be less waste. I've talked to much now and i haven't even gotten into sending 10 people 2 backhoe and 3 trucks to dig a 4 ft ditch..

Just a dumb question here. 30 and out may mean that a person is out before they reach the age where Medicare kicks in. How are they covered in the interim? Just asking..

??? Not following along?

They - in the case of Ohio teachers, Ohio public "servants" (state/county, city workers) and the post office, they are covered by the union. Put your 30 years in? We'll cover you.

THAT'S half the reason it's impossible to keep it going. Sure, the retiree may have to kick in a bit a month - deductibles and what not, maybe a nominal fee for help in the premium......but not much in comparison to what the REAL dollar amount is.

Again - I specified the groups I'm talking about.

JMO - but, with the groups I'm talking about - the more the general public learns, the worse it looks for these groups.

N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
they make Cobra payments just like i do...They pay their own insurance...They can still be covered by the state insurance its just instead of the state paying for it the individual pays for it..Have it taken right out of the pension check..

Last edited by nordawg; 09/17/11 03:30 PM.

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

3) Everyone must have a box at the end of the driveway or no delivery. No more on foot carriers, that is a huge waste of time and money.
4) If you live in a rural area, you will collect your mail at a centralized location. Driving miles from one box to another is ridiculous.

What about big cities?

Having everyone in Chicago or New York neighborhoods go to a central location to get their mail would be a logistical nightmare.

Well, I specifically said RURAL areas. I think Chicago and NY are exempt from being referred to as RURAL.

[Linked Image from i45.tinypic.com]
A
Legend
Legend
A
Quote:

Quote:

3) Everyone must have a box at the end of the driveway or no delivery. No more on foot carriers, that is a huge waste of time and money.
4) If you live in a rural area, you will collect your mail at a centralized location. Driving miles from one box to another is ridiculous.

What about big cities?

Having everyone in Chicago or New York neighborhoods go to a central location to get their mail would be a logistical nightmare.

Well, I specifically said RURAL areas. I think Chicago and NY are exempt from being referred to as RURAL.

Eh, let his comments roll of your back. He is notorious for finding fault in anything and everything. Yet he never offers up his ideas of how to fix things. Even if they were good - OR bad - you never see him offering up an idea.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

they make Cobra payments just like i do...They pay their own insurance...They can still be covered by the state insurance its just instead of the state paying for it the individual pays for it..Have it taken right out of the pension check..

Cobra only lasts for 18 months. then it goes away. what if a person retires when they are only 60. if cobra does apply, then they'd still have a problem by the time they are just less then 62. I'm not sure if cobra even applies if you retire or are forced to retire... (just guessing at that)

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
A
Legend
Legend
A
Quote:

Quote:

Cobra only lasts for 18 months. then it goes away. what if a person retires when they are only 60. if cobra does apply, then they'd still have a problem by the time they are just less then 62. I'm not sure if cobra even applies if you retire or are forced to retire... (just guessing at that)

For PERS (public employee retirement system)........there isn't cobra. They may have to make a token1 or 2 hundred dollar payment each month.

For teachers - same thing.

For the post office, I don't know for sure, but if they have a damn contract that says they can't be laid off or fired after 6 or 8 years my guess is they get the same deal - pay a hundred or 2 a month, you're covered, you get your pension.......

And people wonder why I'm against public unions????????????

N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
Ok maybe its not COBRA but we are offered our insurance , but we have to pay the whole premiume until we can get medicare at that time we get medicare and then they offer us a supplemental insurance to cover the 20% which is a reduced amount as most supplementals are...but when you retire no matter what age we pay for our whole monthly payment.

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
Quote:

Ok maybe its not COBRA but we are offered our insurance , but we have to pay the whole premiume until we can get medicare at that time we get medicare and then they offer us a supplemental insurance to cover the 20% which is a reduced amount as most supplementals are...but when you retire no matter what age we pay for our whole monthly payment.

YOU pay. Does the post office employee? No. Does the teacher, cop, fireman, public employee? Aside from a minimal "I'm paying in" amount, no. Ain't no cobra for the groups I'm talking about. And they are the problem.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Quote:

You're the one that should know about cobra. At least for you.

For the "public" employees? Pay a small amount..........you're covered.

Heck, during grad school my sis was a substitute teacher. SHE even gets benefits. Not much - but she only put in a total of about 50 hours. But even SHE gets benefits. (not full benefits)

N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
Arch i was repling to Daman...I already said earlier i agreed with you that they should be paying more than a pinnace for their insurance..

And i probably shouldn't of used the word Cobra...Instead its self pay is what we do.

Last edited by nordawg; 09/17/11 10:23 PM.

#gmstrong
P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

Quote:

What about big cities?

I understood that. And I'm asking ... how do you handle the cities?

You yourself said:

Quote:

Everyone must have a box at the end of the driveway or no delivery. No more on foot carriers, that is a huge waste of time and money.

How does that translate to big cities?

P
PDR Offline
Legend
Legend
P
Quote:

Eh, let his comments roll of your back. He is notorious for finding fault in anything and everything. Yet he never offers up his ideas of how to fix things. Even if they were good - OR bad - you never see him offering up an idea.

I'd say about 4-5 times a year, you accuse me of never having ideas of my own, and call me out, asking for my ideas on how to fix things.

I list my opinions in detail - I've actually taken to just copying and pasting my original response - and then you ignore them and act like I've never offered them.

B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
Quote:

YOU pay. Does the post office employee? No. Does the teacher, cop, fireman, public employee? Aside from a minimal "I'm paying in" amount, no. Ain't no cobra for the groups I'm talking about. And they are the problem.

I'm a firefighter arch. You have no clue what you are talking about. I honestly have to say that i couldn't be more disappointed in anyone that believes the crap that you do.

retired firefighters pay around $800/month for healthcare too....since its the same pension so do cops. They pay this until they are 65, when they are eligible for medicaid/medicare. At that point payments drop considerably.

PERS employee's often retire much closer to 65 so i believe their payments are lower, if at all for medical.

I'm pretty sure that all the pension systems in ohio were fine up until the housing debacle and the shoddy AAA loan packages that wall street was peddling. Our pension took a huge hit investing in all that "safe" stuff they were selling.

Don't worry though...i'll be working until i'm real old, because our pension probably won't have healthcare. I'll be shopping for my own.

Get your facts straight or don't post what you don't know about. Keep all your class envy focused on us...I'll protect you still..i swore an oath that i would.

Your misguided by people who care nothing for you.

Attitude is everything....FEAR THE ELF!!!
Legend
Legend
ahh, I wasn't aware of that., thanks for the info Arch..

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
A
Legend
Legend
A
Quote:

I'd say about 4-5 times a year, you accuse me of never having ideas of my own, and call me out, asking for my ideas on how to fix things.

That's it? Well, I better get busy then.

Raven
Raven
Hey Guys, I just so happen to work for the Post Office and I can tell from most of your "posts" that many of you are poorly mis-informed" about the inner workings of the Service. First, I must say that Mgmt, not just the Unions but Mgmt agreed to the contracts ( including NAPS, which is the Supervisor's Union) also has the same provisions and coverage as the employees. Secondly, I will agree that the Postal Service should have seen this years ago and to give you a little "history" about the drop-off in mail and the internet, The Service (USPS) had the plan or should I say, diagram on E-mail and the internet back in the 1960's but chose to go in another direction.

It was believed that the "internet or computer age would be a fad" and would die off almost immediately, well we see the end result of that, kind of like how Betamax was supposed to out live VHS and Cassettes would out live Cd's, I guess you get the point... Times are tough now and many of the "old employees" are refusing to retire (of retirement age) due to the present economic status. All I can say is this, If Congress had not allowed over $80 billion, yes, I said BILLION dollars be taken out of the Postal Service's budget for a fund that doesn't exist, we wouldn't be having this conversation right now, BUT, I must say that changes need to be made in order for the Postal Service to exist. You should not have to close facilities and cut back on delivery because of the lack of mail flowing, you need to come up with better ways to spend and not waste and also come up with better ways to "tap" into the internet to get build up the business. It's funny how the Manager's talk about the internet and how it affect's the service but how do you think they communicate between one another??????? YUP, E-mail...

F
Legend
Legend
F
jc..

I wouldn't care if mail went on a service schedule like garbage and recyclables. Depending on your neighborhood you get mail on Mon & Thurs, or Tues and Fri, or Weds and Sat.

2 days a week is about all I need, most days my mailbox is just filled with offers and ads anyway.

Heck, it would save me effort of having to walk to the end of the driveway every days few days a week, usually about the same time the rains come.

Really, who checks their mail daily, and expect to get something of importance everyday, that couldn't wait a couple more days?

It might even increase the use of PO boxes as they could be filled daily, so businesses would be inclined to get a PO box to get daily mail (payments, bills, etc)

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Post Office Eyes Closures

Link Copied to Clipboard