Print Thread
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

Quote:

if we keep Hillis.. which I think we should.. and then get a guy like Isaiah Pead (Cincinnati) in the mid/later rounds, we could actually use one of our firsts for a top flight WR like Blackmon.

IMO if Hillis leaves it's because he gets a better offer and decides to take it. We aren't simply going to tell Hillis he can walk. We'll tag him. Whether it is a 1st round tender or a 2rd round tender is up for debate.

I suppose if we tag him with the 2nd it is more or less telling him we wouldn't mind the pick. I think there is a good chance a few teams might be willing to do that. I doubt anybody would give up a 1st.

He'll walk. I doubt that any team even gives a 2nd for him. I don't think that they want him around whatsoever.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

if we keep Hillis.. which I think we should.. and then get a guy like Isaiah Pead (Cincinnati) in the mid/later rounds, we could actually use one of our firsts for a top flight WR like Blackmon.

IMO if Hillis leaves it's because he gets a better offer and decides to take it. We aren't simply going to tell Hillis he can walk. We'll tag him. Whether it is a 1st round tender or a 2rd round tender is up for debate.

I suppose if we tag him with the 2nd it is more or less telling him we wouldn't mind the pick. I think there is a good chance a few teams might be willing to do that. I doubt anybody would give up a 1st.

He'll walk. I doubt that any team even gives a 2nd for him. I don't think that they want him around whatsoever.

IIRC in this CBA, Hills will be an UFA and the only tag available would be the franchise tag and I don't see us using that on Hillis.
I think that he might have worn out his welcome with the Browns brass and will be playing else where next season. Don't get me wrong I would like to see us get him under contract, but I just don't think it will happen.

[Linked Image]

FL_Dawg #628293 11/21/11 11:42 AM
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
We may be the only team willing to give him a halfway decent contract offer. If he hits the FA market it really says a lot about Hillis and how little we think of him. Now unless he lights it up the next few weeks and shows us that he wasn't a total one hit wonder, Heckert may pack his bags for him.

Would love to see Richardson in a Browns uni because we need that franchise back and looks like Luck, Barkley and Jones could all be gone in the top 5. The fact Tebow and Moore are making their teams go maybe, is a good thing for us.

We may be in position to land Richardson and still get a Tannehill with the Atlanta pick. Colt works out then corner is the probably the best value position in that area. Dennard or Kirkpatrick. I just dont want to take a RT that high unless he is a Shawn Andrews/Marcus McNeil type talent and I havent seen that kind of talent out of this group. Its a terrific group just more 2nd round talent than first.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A WR that I really like not in the first round is Nick Toon from Wisconsin.

I've been a big fan of that guy for awhile.

If we don't go WR in Round 1, I'd love to grab him in Round 2.

Legend
Legend
I like Toon and Marvin Mcnutt.

Also I really think we will draft Richardson. He is a tougher version of Shaun Alexander.

FL_Dawg #628296 11/21/11 01:56 PM
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

IIRC in this CBA, Hills will be an UFA and the only tag available would be the franchise tag and I don't see us using that on Hillis.
I think that he might have worn out his welcome with the Browns brass and will be playing else where next season. Don't get me wrong I would like to see us get him under contract, but I just don't think it will happen.

You might be right about the CBA. I don't really know (or care too much) about it's particulars. However, he might be back if he's given his free agency and no other team wants to sign him because of the situation with the Browns this year.

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Richardson and Hillis on the same team . . . Hmmmmmm . . . .

Legend
Legend
First 4 picks idea:

1. Richardson
1. Nick Perry
2. Mohammed Sanu or Dwight Jones
3. Sean Spence

A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
Quote:

DeCastro is the best guard prospect I've seen. He is unbelievable.

Kalil could be an incredible RT (or LT) but I think the Browns would be ill-advised to draft a RT with such a high pick. They need to add playmakers.

That's a good point. When you put it like that, Kalil doesn't seem like a wise investment with our first pick.

Seems like you're not as high on Blackmon and what you're saying is the same criticzism he receievd last season (along with his 3rd round grade) which is why he decided to go back to school. What playmaker would you like the Browns target then with the their first pick?

"The medium for the bad news was ESPN, which figured. The network represents much of what is loud, obnoxious and empty in sports today."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

Quote:

DeCastro is the best guard prospect I've seen. He is unbelievable.

Kalil could be an incredible RT (or LT) but I think the Browns would be ill-advised to draft a RT with such a high pick. They need to add playmakers.

That's a good point. When you put it like that, Kalil doesn't seem like a wise investment with our first pick.

Seems like you're not as high on Blackmon and what you're saying is the same criticzism he receievd last season (along with his 3rd round grade) which is why he decided to go back to school. What playmaker would you like the Browns target then with the their first pick?

Richardson.

And the Browns can't tender Hillis, as he is a UFA. All they can do is franchise him.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I'd rather pack Tom's Bags !

A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
I can understand that, I'm just never a fan of using a 1st rounder on a RB. I know he's a stud but just the way I've always been. I was against drafting AP as well and I know he's turned out to be nothing short of amazing for Minn.

"The medium for the bad news was ESPN, which figured. The network represents much of what is loud, obnoxious and empty in sports today."
Legend
Legend
My first four picks:
of course this means we don't re-sign Hillis

1a. Trent Richardson - HB - Alabama
1b. Chase Minnifield - CB - Virginia
2. Vinny Curry - DE - Marshall
3. Kendall Wright - WR - Baylor

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Legend
Legend
For the guys who have watched Baylor, is Wright a slot guy or an outside guy? Thanks.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
He can play both I think...he may need some tiem inside first but can be developed into an outside WR...think Mike Wallace (and no, Im not saying he IS him, just similar style)

And drafting a RB in the top 10 would be the dumbest thing we could do btw..I'd rather trade down again before I select a RB..and I dont care which one, they are not worth it....end of story

#gmstrong

"Players come along at different points in time" - Ray Farmer
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
The first 3 picks.

1a. David DeCastro
1b. Jonathan Martin (DeCastro's teammate)
2. Chase Minnifield (yeah, Frank Minnifield's kid)

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
If Luck, Barkley, Jones, Blackmon, Kalil, and Claiborne are all gone by our pick and no one wants to trade up with us, who would you pick instead of Richardson?

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Jester #628308 11/21/11 08:31 PM
Legend
Legend
Quote:

If Luck, Barkley, Jones, Blackmon, Kalil, and Claiborne are all gone by our pick and no one wants to trade up with us, who would you pick instead of Richardson?

Quentin Coples.. DE out of North Carolina? Either him or maybe Alshon Jeffries - WR - South Carolina. I'd prefer Coples.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Jester #628309 11/21/11 08:33 PM
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
David DeCastro, OG, Stanford

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I don't have a great feel for DeCastro. Haven't paid enough attention to him. Top ten for an OG though. How high did Hutchinson go? 12? Hutch is probably the best OG in the past 15-20 years. Will DeCastro be that good?

I don't see how we could pass on a player who could be special like Richardson (presuming we don't resign Hillis). We always say that we don't have any playmakers. Well here is our chance to get one.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season NFL Draft (2013) Mour's Mock v.1

Link Copied to Clipboard