Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
C
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7294983/kansas-city-chiefs-release-ot-jared-gaither-costly-penalty

I remember him from the Ravens. I actually thought he was still there. He's still young I believe. Given the state of our right side, I'd absolutely take a run at him.

L
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
L
Well, he got in for one play on Sunday - he false-started, and then was removed.

That being said - he has a lot of talent, and I'd certainly take a flyer on him for the rest of the season.

~Lyuokdea
C
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
C
Quote:

Well, he got in for one play on Sunday - he false-started, and then was removed.

That being said - he has a lot of talent, and I'd certainly take a flyer on him for the rest of the season.

And we thought Ponti had it rough with two bad snaps.

O
Legend
Legend
O
The only thing I remember about him is that he's good (lots of talent) but he got a big attitude about his contract status with the Ravens and was giving them grief. He also got a significant injury at the same time. Mac can spin his conspiracy theories here and I don't think anyone would fight him on this one.

I'd love to bring him in. It looks like he's been slapped around a little bit by getting released by a couple teams, maybe he's ready to put his hardhat back on and get back to work. He might only want to play LT, though.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
The guy sucked as a Raven and obviously he sucked as a Chief.Bring him in,he can suck here as well.

Indecision may,or maynot,be my problem
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Ahh but can he suck less then the ones we have?

C
Legend
Legend
C
Wasn't he actually pretty good as a Raven?

D
All Pro
All Pro
D
Would like to take a flyer on him if he is willing to play rt

Legend
Legend
Take a flyer on him for the competition factor. Can he play OK? Not injury related? Must have issues or lack talent or be a pain in the drain somehow. If he agreed might be worth a shot. Hard to imagine backups for what we have in spots on the O line IMO.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:

Wasn't he actually pretty good as a Raven?

If I recall correctly, he was OK as a LT, then they moved him to RT to make room for Oher. He was too small for RT and the let him go.

Edit: Ah, here you go

Quote:

In Baltimore, the beginning of the end came in 2010. Slated to move to right tackle (which typically entails a larger body) so that Michael Oher could flip to the left side, Gaither showed up for camp the size of a tight end. Back problems ultimately wiped out his season, and he found limited interest on the free-agent market.

web page

Last edited by Flap; 11/30/11 08:41 AM.

Crowded elevators smell different to short people...
O
Legend
Legend
O
That's a bummer...

Still, he'd probably be better than Pashos.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
Jared Gaither Gets Picked Up By The Chargers

Headshot_tiny by Joel Thorman on Nov 30, 2011 3:41 PM CST

36 comments
Story-email Email
Printer Print

The Kansas City Chiefs on Tuesday waived OT Jared Gaither and a day later news is coming out that he's headed to...the San Diego Chargers. Indeed, the Chargers have picked Gaither up off waivers and put OT Marcus McNeill on injured reserve, ending his season.

I'm not really sure how to feel about this move because we don't know whether Gaither can play. He saw some spot-duty here and there for the Chiefs but never really made it onto the field. The Chargers, obviously needed an offensive tackle, are apparently willing to take the chance that A.) he's healthy and B.) he can still play.

But it's going to be interesting to see if he can get on the field in San Diego. If he plays, and plays well, that's gonna be tough to swallow.

There was a brief window the week Gaither signed with the Chiefs that we thought we has going to end up with the Raiders so he's almost made the complete sweep around the AFC West.
web page

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
A
All Pro
All Pro
A
Quote:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7294983/kansas-city-chiefs-release-ot-jared-gaither-costly-penalty

I remember him from the Ravens. I actually thought he was still there. He's still young I believe. Given the state of our right side, I'd absolutely take a run at him.

Can he possibly move any worse than the mummy we have there now?
Another sterling choice by our front office. Keep Pashos who helped McCoy get drilled all day in Cinci yet we cut Pontbriand?
Why is one solidly entrenched as a starter and another pounding the pavement?
Only Shurmy knows.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
tackles don't grow on trees and you can find longsnappers walking the streets

Last edited by Line Judge; 12/03/11 08:26 AM.
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum OT Jared Gaither waived by Chiefs

Link Copied to Clipboard