Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
What's your opinion on Janoris Jenkins? He seemed like the Honey Badger of 2010 and is slated to go right around our 1b.

I liked him quite a bit despite his size.

[Linked Image]
O
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
O
Quote:

I think most who know me or pay attention to my comments know i am a SEC guy down the line.

I don't think he is like a Petersen, but I did mention Steven Jackson.

Again, he wouldn't be my pick, but if we do, I won't complain.

Likewise.

He wouldn't be my first pick either, but he's probably the safest pick to be had, and that's not a bad thing.

***Gordon, I really didn't think you could be this stOOpid, but you exceeded my expectations. Wussy.
Manziel, see Josh Gordon. Dumbass.***
Legend
Legend
It's not fair comparing anyone to Peterson. AP was a freak day one at Oklahoma.

C
Legend
Legend
C
I remember John Madden saying that Adrian and Peterson and Herschel Walker are the only two players that could've come straight out of high school to the NFL.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Quote:

I remember John Madden saying that Adrian and Peterson and Herschel Walker are the only two players that could've come straight out of high school to the NFL.

That sounds like three players. Doesn't it?

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

I thought the same thing but didnt wanna be the guy to call him out on it lol

#brownsgoodkarma
A
Legend
Legend
A
Quote:

I thought the same thing but didnt wanna be the guy to call him out on it lol

I'm not calling him out - it just sounded like he listed 3 players.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
you must not understand what I meant.....call him out, give him a hard time, joke around with him....geez man its all in good fun. Its not like you was doing it to be a jerk......or where you? lol

some of you guys on this board are way too serious

#brownsgoodkarma
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Quote:

That sounds like three players. Doesn't it?

i read his post like 10 times wondering the same thing

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
C
Legend
Legend
C
I am a retard.

Adrian Peterson and Herschel Walker.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Quote:

you must not understand what I meant.....call him out, give him a hard time, joke around with him....geez man its all in good fun. Its not like you was doing it to be a jerk......or where you? lol

some of you guys on this board are way too serious

Let me try again:

I wasn't calling him out - it just sounded like he listed 3 players.

Is that better? BAM - now I'm calling you out?

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

there much better lol

#brownsgoodkarma
B
Legend
Legend
B
Quote:

What's your opinion on Janoris Jenkins? He seemed like the Honey Badger of 2010 and is slated to go right around our 1b.

I liked him quite a bit despite his size.

I like the kid a lot except he has habit of failing drug tests. It's why Muschamp cut him loose and he had to transfer to N Alabama.

He is a all SEC, all american type player who is good at finding the ball and getting the pick.

You will never be 100% sure the guy has quit blowing smoke, but if I was 80% sure he at least was going to be smart enough to do it away from the season yet not so close he couldn't clean out, I'd take him, but maybe not at that 1B slot. I think I would roll the dice a second time(you are rolling them by selecting him anywhere for the above mentioned reasons) and see if he falls to our second pick which might be at # 36.

He has the talent. Had he not had his problem, he would probably be the #1(or at least equal with Clayborn) corner in the draft with a top 10 grade.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
Agreed. He's a top 10 talent who will most likely slide to late 1st or early 2nd round.

[Linked Image]

Fear us, for we are the BROWNS, led by the mighty BM! Only in Cleveland.
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Quote:

cfrs15 - I am a retard.

Someone will use that in a sig.

T
Legend
Legend
T
So I'm checking out that list, just trying to figure where the Atl draft pick will end up, I figure anything better than 29 would be a plus.

I see Cincinnati and New England have 2 first rounders.

So what about this scenario, Luck goes 1st pick
RG 3 goes 2nd pick

3rd pick Cincinnati trades up takes Blackmon, there! best wr 2 years in a row right there in your division.

Any way you look at it, I think the Browns have to go best player available.

And let me go on record, I'm pretty much thinking SOMEBODY is going to jump ahead of the Browns draft pick and pick a perfect player they want.

ONLY in Cleveland, It HASSS to happen because it's just our luck. Period.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
I can actually see this type of scenario playing out.

I. The Browns get the #3 overall pick through the following scenario.
- a. Indy loses to Jax, securing the #1 overall pick with Jax falling behind the Browns with the victory.
- b. Minny beats a sinking Chicago ship, also falling behind the Browns leaving the top 5 of the draft order as: 1) Colts, 2) Rams, 3) Browns, 4) Vikings, 5) Jags.

II. With the draft order set, the first two picks go: 1) RG3 & 2) Kalil.

Maybe those teams don't draft that way, but here's the line of thinking:

The Colts draft RG3 because he fits the system that they run more. Manning has never been particularly agile but somewhere next to 90% of the snaps are taken from the shotgun and the spread offense that they run suits the system that RG3 is used to.

The Rams already have their franchise QB and aren't going to be taking one in this draft. They need to protect the one that they have more and securing Kalil at the LT spot fits that bill perfectly.

The Browns, sitting at the #3 spot would in this scenario, of having their pick of Andrew Luck, Justin Blackmon, Trent Richardson or Morris Claiborne or even holding that #3 spot if there was an offer that simply couldn't be refused.

Legend
Legend
Wow.

If Luck was sitting there at #3 when we pick, that would be like 50 Christmases wrapped into one. I bet it wouldn't take 30 seconds to get a slip of paper with the name Andrew Luck to the podium.

Not much of a chance it happens ..... but it sure would be nice to wind up with Luck, a 1st round talent at WR, and a 2nd or 3rd round RT. Wow! Talk about instant offense!

Again ... almost 0% chance it happens ..... but man it would be nice.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
I cannot see that. EVEN IF the Colts were to decide against Luck and favor RG3 ... I think that they at LEAST work out a deal where they trade down even a single spot. As stupid as it sounds they could draft him then trade his rights to St. Louis for the #2 and an extra first (or whatever package). They could use the #2 on RG3 and have extra ammunition. Then St. Louis trades Luck to virtually any team for any amount of compensation.

There are other ways to do it, but the Colts could play around and make a FORTUNE off of the #1 overall or Luck and STILL get RG3. I agree with your premise but I don't think he slides past #1. Even if the #1 team doesn't want him ... they still can take him and trade him for any other player plus picks if done correctly.

"Believe deep down in your heart that you're destined to do great things."

@pstu24
Legend
Legend
If they really wanted RG3, they couldn't go down much below 2 or 3 ... because someone might just pop back up ahead of them otherwise.

I do think that the Browns will take RG3 if he is there at 3. The QB is too important in today's NFL. If Luck was there it would be an absolute no brainer. So the Colts could probably only drop down one spot and still get RG3. Why would the Rams trade up? They can get their T at 2 just by sitting still. So the Colts would have to trade down, and unless it was with us, would then have to trade back up ahead of us .... which would be a difficult proposition. (especially when the Browns could offer a superior package for trading back just 1 spot)

The Colts either take a QB at #1 ... and that QB would be Luck ..... or they trade back and hope they can still get the guy they want. If that guy is RG3, then I don't think they could go below 3 ...... which would limit their trade possibilities.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season NFL Draft (2013) Atlanta and Draft Order Part IV

Link Copied to Clipboard