Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
A
Every year, an injury surprise pops up in connection with the Scouting Combine. This year, the first surprise comes from Alabama running back Trent Richardson.

According to Jason La Canfora of NFL Network, Richardson suffered a knee injury in practice preceding the BCS national championship game last month. As a result, he had “minor” arthroscopic surgery on the knee, and Richardson will not participate in on-field drills in Indy.

Richardson, who rushed for 96 yards against LSU despite the injury, nevertheless plans to participate fully in the Alabama Pro Day workout on March 7.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...combine-drills/

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
Ouch, that's tough.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
chicken...

Sure... not buying that one at all. There is a week between the end of the combine and the Alabama Pro-Day

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

W
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
W
I remember in the National Championship game thread and the days following about people saying Richardson was a bum because his back up played more, etc...i guess we know why. The guy is too much of a competitor and too good for him to be 2nd fiddle...still pretty impressed that he got close to 100 yards

I'm coming home, I'm coming home, tell the world I'm coming home
A
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
A
Probably not a big deal if he played on it. Guys get their knees cleaned out all the time and come back in a week, but if Tom WAS thinking about him.. it's got to give him pause after the Hardesty fisaco. Then again.. Hardesty hasn't shown squat even when he is heathy...

M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
I disagree...until details are known, what exactly was done, it is a big deal and will cause Richardson to fall on some draft boards.

It is important to know what exactly was done.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
B
Legend
Legend
B
It's important to know, but obviously it wasn't anything major since it was performed maybe 6 weeks ago.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M

Trent Richardson had knee surgery

February 22, 2012, 11:02 PM ET

Former Alabama running back Trent Richardson will not take part in on-field drills at the scouting combine later this week after undergoing minor knee surgery.

Richardson's representatives sent a memo to all 32 teams informing them of the procedure, ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter reported Wednesday.

A person familiar with the procedure told Schefter the surgery was "no big deal at all."

According to the memo, Richardson is expected to be able to participate in on-field activity by the end of March. Alabama's pro day is slated for March 7.

The NFL Network reported earlier Wednesday that Richardson was injured in a practice leading up to the Allstate BCS National Championship Game and had the surgery roughly three weeks ago to ease discomfort.

The 5-foot-11, 224-pound running back has made good progress since the procedure, the report said, but will skip the drills as a precaution.

Richardson set school single-season rushing records with 1,679 yards and 21 touchdowns in his lone season as a full-time starter in 2011 after running behind 2009 Heisman winner Mark Ingram.

Richardson was a Heisman Trophy finalist and the Doak Walker Award winner as the nation's top running back. He is the No. 1-ranked running back prospect in April's draft by both ESPN's Scouts Inc. and ESPN NFL draft analyst Mel Kiper Jr., and is a projected top-10 pick.

web page

Teams will do their own examination and determine if "it is a big deal" or not. This says Richardson will be able to participate in on field activities at the end of March...the Bama pro day is March 7. I guess that means he will not be participating on March 7???

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I'll pass- this guy is obviously washed up after a scoped knee.

he will probably end up like AP and we all know what a bum AP is.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Legend
Legend
I agree with Charger. He doesn't feel like he could benefit by running at the combine since he's clearly the #1 back. I disagree because of the conflicting thoughts on RB draft value.

If he can hit something like 4.52 or lower, then i think he could benefit quite a bit. Now, if he can't get a good 40 at alabama's pro day, and he didn't run at the combine, who knows? Possibly 17 or even 21 to Cincy.

N
Legend
Legend
N
of course, there is less of a difference between being a top10 draft pick and a top20 draft pick now and it might actually help his 2nd contract if he gets onto a better team

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:

According to the memo, Richardson is expected to be able to participate in on-field activity by the end of March. Alabama's pro day is slated for March 7.

I'm thinking Richardson will probably participate at another school's pro-day. Not really a big deal. May be he'd want his own QB doing passing drills for him, but otherwise, I don't see the problem.

He can do the interviews, medical check at the combine.

And he can show his physical skills at some other school's pro-day.

Otherwise, Alabama can hold their own pro-day (or he can hold his own).

I imagine, if he works out somewhere, scouts from most NFL teams will show up, including ours.

UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
N
Legend
Legend
N
yeah, any small school in the area would jump at the chance to get him on their pro-day to get more scouts to look at their kids.

#gmstrong
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M

Trent Richardson given review of knee

By Chris Mortensen
ESPN

Alabama running back Trent Richardson was given a passing review Thursday at the NFL scouting combine following an exam of his left knee that underwent arthroscopic surgery on Feb. 3, a development which noted orthopedist Dr. James Andrews said, "was about as minor and routine as you can get."

Dr. Andrews, who performed the surgery, agreed with Richardson's agent, Jimmy Sexton, "that if Trent had this scope done on his knee during the season, he'd have been playing within 10-to-14 days."

Richardson had a small tear in the anterior horn of the lateral meniscus that Dr. Andrews said "needed a little snipping -- a debridement" in his left knee but the running back had "no articular cartilage damage and that's what made this so minor."

Even though Richardson could have played within two weeks of the surgery, Sexton said his running back wants to get into top physical condition to post the best possible marks when NFL teams test him in the traditional combine drills when he works out later in March.

Richardson had banged his knee in practice when Alabama was preparing for the BCS title game against LSU. When he complained the knee was still a source of minor aggravation while training in Arizona for the combine, an MRI revealed the problem that Dr. Andrews repaired.

web page

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
He should have had it scoped earlier so he could at least run at his pro day.

M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
arp...I don't know that it matters when he runs, as long as he runs before the draft. I believe the article above mentions the end of March as a time he can begin on field activities.

A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
his health could effect FA, but mostly I wanted to watch him.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Love Richardson and it looks like he will be the top 5 guy that falls this year, remember there is always one and sometimes 2. Looking at how the draft is shaped, if the Bengals sign Michael Bush, Richardson may be there at 22.

Legend
Legend
With the depth at WR, it would not surprise me at all to see Blackmon drop out of the top 5.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I would be surprised if this group isn't in for a really big fall on draft day .
Richardson, Coples, Kuechly, Reiff, Still, Decastro, Jeffery

Legend
Legend
I dunno what you define as a fall, They're all going in the 1st round probably...

And with the new salary system it's not like falling from say 6 to 12 is THAT big of a hit...

Technically, now a days you may WANT to drop...

Go to a better team, play better, get a better SECOND contract...

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
O
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
O
Quote:

Love Richardson and it looks like he will be the top 5 guy that falls this year, remember there is always one and sometimes 2. Looking at how the draft is shaped, if the Bengals sign Michael Bush, Richardson may be there at 22.

I would consider that to be nearly impossible.

***Gordon, I really didn't think you could be this stOOpid, but you exceeded my expectations. Wussy.
Manziel, see Josh Gordon. Dumbass.***
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2013 NFL Season NFL Draft (2013) Trent Richardson had knee surgery, won’t do Combine drills

Link Copied to Clipboard